WK6 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

BlizzardMan
S

Re: WK6 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

Post by BlizzardMan »

They held RV to fewer yards on offense then anybody else. I'm not sure if they've given up 300 yards of offense in any games they've played this year.

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Post by meigs_62_189 »

BlizzardMan wrote:They held RV to fewer yards on offense then anybody else. I'm not sure if they've given up 300 yards of offense in any games they've played this year.
300 exactly for Amanda and 313 for Logan. Defense is better this year than in years past, that's for sure!!!

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

Bevo, do you pollute every thread with negative remarks and drivel?

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Bevo wrote:
My point! The RV game hinged on turnovers either team could have won, other than that game and Logan they have played 4 other teams who have won 2 games between them. I think Athens, Alexander and Jackson will tell how good Meigs is, remember they are a Div 4 team so when you say anything about them is good is needs to be really good when playing div 5 teams and they haven't been!
You are going on about the whole d4 and d5, we are like 12 kids over of being d5 ourselves...and even not really that many over, being that kids that are open enrolled and doesn't even play sports count as 3 kids and 5 kids....And yeah a lot of games are gonna depend on turnovers, I think we had 2 maybe 3 ourselves in the RV game, but we are doing enough to overcome them. wet weather equals turnovers no matter what teams, so to say it's our style of game thats gonna cost us is wrong. If anything is gonna hurt us is the fact we struggle with the extra points...that alone leaves 4 or 5 points off the board each game and can eventually make a difference.

Thank You Blizzard Man, Christian has grown up from last year, ALL our Defensive Backs has been playing good ball, and 3 of the 4 is just sophomores, so we still have a few years with them.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Meigs should be better than they are. It looks like the coach is trying to be a little too fancy. They have the players to line up and just beat your ass. They have good size and seem athletic. But if the QB gets any kind of pressure he isn't very good.
Last edited by Nybucks70-80 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

86LancerLover
Freshman Team

Post by 86LancerLover »

nybucks70-80 wrote:Meigs should be better than they are. It looks like the coach is trying to be a little too fancy. They have the players to line up and just beat your booty. They have good size and seem athletic. Also if the QB gets any kind of pressure he isn't very good.
Really? Meigs beats RV and I read RV posters talking about how Meigs isn't that good. Meigs beats NY and NY poster says Meigs isn't that good??? Come on people, show a little humility and class. Now you want to say a team is bad, find the Warren thread, because we are bad!

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

Good enough to beat your team nybuck 70-80, Why can't people on here give the kids some credit, all you do is put kids down and that bull crap. There was two teams on the field with kids playing there hearts out and a pretty good game it was, ny fought hard and didn't give up and for people like you and bevo to come on here and say Meigs aren't that good, come on , and as far as the records of the other teams, that's not meigs's fault that the teams are not winning., so why bring it up. Seems to me that when Meigs does good we bash them and when ny does bad you look for reasons, I thought the great Davey Boston was the best thing under the sun, but haning a little trouble and less hang him, fence jumpers most people on here are.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

I never said they aren't good. I think man for man they are better than Logan. I said they arnt being used right. They should be blowing teams away.
Last edited by Nybucks70-80 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
Bevo wrote:
My point! The RV game hinged on turnovers either team could have won, other than that game and Logan they have played 4 other teams who have won 2 games between them. I think Athens, Alexander and Jackson will tell how good Meigs is, remember they are a Div 4 team so when you say anything about them is good is needs to be really good when playing div 5 teams and they haven't been!
You are going on about the whole d4 and d5, we are like 12 kids over of being d5 ourselves...and even not really that many over, being that kids that are open enrolled and doesn't even play sports count as 3 kids and 5 kids....And yeah a lot of games are gonna depend on turnovers, I think we had 2 maybe 3 ourselves in the RV game, but we are doing enough to overcome them. wet weather equals turnovers no matter what teams, so to say it's our style of game thats gonna cost us is wrong. If anything is gonna hurt us is the fact we struggle with the extra points...that alone leaves 4 or 5 points off the board each game and can eventually make a difference.

Thank You Blizzard Man, Christian has grown up from last year, ALL our Defensive Backs has been playing good ball, and 3 of the 4 is just sophomores, so we still have a few years with them.
Thry have really played well.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
Bevo wrote:

The extra point thing drives me nuts. We haven't been very good at getting the two either so we are costing ourselves so many points there. Maybe you could take Christian to some kicking clinics. Seriously.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

nybucks70-80 wrote:Meigs should be better than they are. It looks like the coach is trying to be a little too fancy. They have the players to line up and just beat your booty. They have good size and seem athletic. But if the QB gets any kind of pressure he isn't very good.
So you must be judging the QB on just the last 2 games, Pretty sure the other 3 games he had over 300 yards...He had a little over 160 in the RV one and only a hair over 70 last night....Point is we are Winning even when he isn't having his best games on offense. He had a heck of a defensive game last night.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Coach_K wrote:
Bevo wrote:

The extra point thing drives me nuts. We haven't been very good at getting the two either so we are costing ourselves so many points there. Maybe you could take Christian to some kicking clinics. Seriously.
Christian can do many things, but not kick, last year when he was QB and it was 4th down, they had him read the defense and run for first down if it was open or kick it if it wasn't, he went to kick it and it went for negative yardage...True Story...lol....I heard someone say that Bartrum could kick the heck out of the ball.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Coach_K wrote:
nybucks70-80 wrote:Meigs should be better than they are. It looks like the coach is trying to be a little too fancy. They have the players to line up and just beat your booty. They have good size and seem athletic. But if the QB gets any kind of pressure he isn't very good.
So you must be judging the QB on just the last 2 games, Pretty sure the other 3 games he had over 300 yards...He had a little over 160 in the RV one and only a hair over 70 last night....Point is we are Winning even when he isn't having his best games on offense. He had a heck of a defensive game last night.
Yes he played one heck of a game on D. It's a shame he' has to play both ways with that many kids on the team.

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosoftballrocks »

nybucks70-80 wrote:NY getting. Homered

Still no examples of NY getting "homered"?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Oh Ground Butt. :mrgreen: :lol: Where are you? :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: HaHa, becoming a common theme. Talk a lot of ish..... Get whipped.....back in the hole!!!! Scurry even!!!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”