Week 8: Rock Hill (4-2, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-4, 3-0)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Week 8: Rock Hill (4-2, 2-1) @ Ironton (3-4, 3-0)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

knightruner wrote:Spread Ironton's defense out and you can run all day long on them.
Every team we've seen has tried that & it has only worked for Ashland, with a division one recruit. Ironton has been in every game they played, but because of the penalties & fumbles (all our fault) we only have 3 wins. If Ironton's coaches had the upper hand on the hot heads when the game is close & even penalties from the sidelines ,the we would have beaten everyone but Ashland & possibly Wheelersburg.
Wheelersburg has continued to improve immensely. So, there is no disrespect there. They should earn a final four slot. But Ironton's "D" is quite solid.
I listen from Florida & the games sound like an 11 ring circus. Even the other teams are making huge mistakes. Ironton is spread so thin from injuries it's almost unimaginable to think of how they have pulled off the win last night. Lady Luck entered Patterson stadium/field & she shined the bright lights right into Jake Isaacs eyes to make two interceptions.

The RHHS game awaits & it's a huge one. The Tigers will not get a win without 4 solid quarters, no turnovers, no penalties, & they have to push it in once in the redzone..

GOTIGERSGO !!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

FUDSON.
That's what Munson & Fudd should combine their names too, so "they" don't have to change from laptop to desktop to smartphone.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

This game will be close. Im going with the Tigers 28-21.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

elmer fudd wrote:
rh40 wrote:If Rock Hill would get the upset over Ironton then it becomes a 3 way tie for first place in the OVC Rock Hill Ironton & Coal Grove each would have one loss each. Hoping for a good hard fought game with no injuries to either team. Good Luck Redmen play hard and smart leave it on the field
Fudd here that's - elmer fudd 'expert wabbit hunter and footsball expirt!'

elmer wants too know why you thinks rockhill wining would be a upset? seams to me that them tigrs are the underdogs

expecically how coalgrove almost beat the crap out of ironton rockhill is the favorite hare in this game I think anyone would agrees with me

how bout it people
if RH is a established favorite in this game where does 1 go to get in on this action LOL!!!

my vegas line says TIGERS -13 1/2 :122246

RH is gonna have same trouble CG had with running TIGER defense is solid on ends and line and linebackers and RH seen that last night so if rock hill has pass and trick plays in there arsenol that's whats coming!!

gotta get that pass defense up a notch and kicking / special teams

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

rh40 wrote:No I don't think Chesapeake will get beat by Portsmouth but I don't see them beating Ironton or Coal Grove
I thought you were talking about after next week's games, not the end of the season. Just wanted to clarify.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

tjhtygeverve wrote:FUDSON.
That's what Munson & Fudd should combine their names too, so "they" don't have to change from laptop to desktop to smartphone.

cuzzin elmer aint smart enough to use smart phone and I aint even know what they are

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This will be a good game. If Ironton keeps playing the way they have, the luck is going to wear off. RH will capitalize on mistakes and make you pay. I am taking RH by 1

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:This will be a good game. If Ironton keeps playing the way they have, the luck is going to wear off. RH will capitalize on mistakes and make you pay. I am taking RH by 1
cmon jolly it be 4 weeks before you get 1 of these 2!!! r we seeing signs already of who you want :razz:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:This will be a good game. If Ironton keeps playing the way they have, the luck is going to wear off. RH will capitalize on mistakes and make you pay. I am taking RH by 1
cmon jolly it be 4 weeks before you get 1 of these 2!!! r we seeing signs already of who you want :razz:
I'd love to watch Burg demolish Ironton in week 11. Nothing would make me happier. I hope it happens. Then we won't have to hear nothing from you Tiger posters til next August.

Cpeake740
Waterboy

Post by Cpeake740 »

Burg posters are just as bad. This season anyways

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I look for the fighting tigers to beat rock hill. if we don't beat ourselves.but I give rock hill all the credit in the world. the redmen never thought they'd catch the tigers in this shape. but they have. now is their year to knock off the tiger. and we better be ready for any/everything.we need to do a lil scheming ourselves.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Cpeake740 wrote:Burg posters are just as bad. This season anyways
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

thank you , I was starting to think it was just me , but it goes way back not just this season LOL

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I look for the fighting tigers to beat rock hill. if we don't beat ourselves.but I give rock hill all the credit in the world. the redmen never thought they'd catch the tigers in this shape. but they have. now is their year to knock off the tiger. and we better be ready for any/everything.we need to do a lil scheming ourselves.
I agree we need few tricks of our own, some of these players are capable of doing more than just running , or catching passes!! I have strong hunch RH is getting input from the JR high coach also and if they watched that game they know running will be limited , so I am guessing they will come by air , trick play, and mis direction plays. TIGER defense is very solid against run , needs some tuneup work on pass defense and kicking game

offense needs a finish the drive OVERHAUL lol
penalties needs fixed NOW cant have this happening late in season with a lot on line!!!

yds tigers have given up against run
1. burg 142
2. Russell I don't have
3 beechwood 170
4 Ashland I don't have or want but it was a lot LOL
5 Portsmouth 50
6 fairland 44
7 coal grove 54

penalties to date
1 burg 10 for 92
2 Russell I don't have
3 beechwood 2 for 13
4 Ashland don't have
5 Portsmouth 8 for 82
6 fairland 3 for 30
7 cg 9 for 88

I think TIGERS get this win easier than people are thinking 35-17

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Rock Hill will score at least three times. Will Ironton be able to score three times?

This will be a very physical game.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

No way it's not even close.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton was in every game this year at leat till the half Ashland and Beechwood pulled away in the second half.
Russell won and Wheelersburg won thriugh Grit.
Ironton's Defense is tough Offense needs major work.
The play calling is bad and making second half adjustments just doesn't seem to be happening.
Ironton could come out firing on all cylinders or just sputter like a ill tuned car like they have been all season.
Friday Rock Hill will come looking to win as will Chesapeake and South Point.
A win against Ironton will be be these teams version of winning the Super Bowl Coal Grove showed no OVC team could be over looked.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

Roy whats a smartphone?

seams to me that this fellar whos thinks we is the same persons just dont likes us instid of discussin my saying that irnton is the underdog he wants to attract us!

agin theres no way that them tigers is the favorite but the underdog look at the records of thim two schools ironotn aint beet one team thats gots a winning rekord but rocks hills has beet some good schools if the tigers managed to beets rock hill that wood be a very big deel for them tigers

now there the guy with the big and fancie name whos insulted by cusin roy what do you have to say? do you want to talk about that?
ROY MUNSUN wrote:
tjhtygeverve wrote:FUDSON.

cuzzin elmer aint smart enough to use smart phone and I aint even know what they are

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Sum of dem posers on hur sur culd use a lil more lurnin from dem thur smartphones? Sum ar still ridin' dem whorses frum decades ago. Unsaddle and put dem to pasture already.

weasel
Waterboy

Post by weasel »

So a 3-4 Ironton team is everyone's Super Bowl?

Return to “Football”