week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

seasick80
All State

Re: week8: wheelersburg @ Minford

Post by seasick80 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
bleed_blue wrote:
Falconfan09 wrote:Don't even say the refs sucked they were bad both ways they missed 3 blocks in the back on that kickoff return plus countless holding calls. and minfords defense played very well when burg had to drive on a long field they didn't do much it was the drives off turnovers and short fields that killed minford. We held your offense under 300 and no passing touchdowns but yes the Burke kid is a stud very good player.
According to the radio Wheelersburg did end up with over 300 yards
Yep and minford had less than 150..
How in the world can you see 3 blocks in the back on a kickoff return?? Amazing! And what about Burgs long 70 yd drive in the first quarter for the first touchdown, not off a turnover, were u at the game?

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Vladimir wrote:Just like a horrible no call to start the 2nd half kickoff return. Blatant clip and hold 2 yards away from the ref and he just stood there and let it happen. That broke Minfords spirt and they never rebounded after that. 47-6 is still a butt whipping, and W'burg proved they were the better team.

I believe what broke their spirit was not scoring TD's when Burg had turnovers on their end of the field...

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Yeah I was and I saw them because they were right on the sideline where he returned it there were pretty blatant too one of those was the kicker who pretty much got tackled from behind so yeah those were blocks in the back. And ok one drive but other then that when burg started in their side of the 50 minford did well.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Vladimir wrote:Just like a horrible no call to start the 2nd half kickoff return. Blatant clip and hold 2 yards away from the ref and he just stood there and let it happen. That broke Minfords spirt and they never rebounded after that. 47-6 is still a butt whipping, and W'burg proved they were the better team.
OK we will change the score 40-6 LMAO

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Oh and that is still a running clock

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Wasn't the score 14-6 before the blatant clip and hold on the kickoff return? Also, to say it happens almost every play is akin to saying driving 10miles over the speed limit is ok, b/c everyone does it. That doesn't make it legal. Try that argument with the State Patrol next time you get stopped, and see how far that gets ya.

If something like that happens away from the play, I agree let it go. However, if a hold or a clip does affect the play, and in this case resulted in a TD that changed the complexion of the contest, then there is no excuse in the world of why it shouldn't have been called back.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I could see if that kickoff return cost Minford the game; however, it was 47-6. Besides, there is no way somebody can blame officiating when you LOSE by 41 points.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Falconfan09 wrote:Yeah I was and I saw them because they were right on the sideline where he returned it there were pretty blatant too one of those was the kicker who pretty much got tackled from behind so yeah those were blocks in the back. And ok one drive but other then that when burg started in their side of the 50 minford did well.
You know if you want to nit pick on non called penalties, your offensive lineman were holding on almost every pass play as he was scrambling and how many were actually called, maybe 2 or 3. I saw jerseys stretched out all night long. The officials sucked and missed calls all night for both teams. I don't think any of them would have made up the 41 point difference in the score, do you.

Good luck to the Falcons the next two weeks and hope you guys make the playoffs.

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Falconfan09 wrote:Yeah I was and I saw them because they were right on the sideline where he returned it there were pretty blatant too one of those was the kicker who pretty much got tackled from behind so yeah those were blocks in the back. And ok one drive but other then that when burg started in their side of the 50 minford did well.
You know if you want to nit pick on non called penalties, your offensive lineman were holding on almost every pass play as he was scrambling and how many were actually called, maybe 2 or 3. I saw jerseys stretched out all night long. The officials sucked and missed calls all night for both teams. I don't think any of them would have made up the 41 point difference in the score, do you.

Good luck to the Falcons the next two weeks and hope you guys make the playoffs.
No I don't I'm not making the refs cost us excuse it's just that no call was huge for the momentum minford had at that point. But other 41 points was all burg and minford turnovers. And good luck to you guys as well next week and rest of the season as much as It kills me too say it I hope you guys go over and best valley haha

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Vladimir wrote:Wasn't the score 14-6 before the blatant clip and hold on the kickoff return? Also, to say it happens almost every play is akin to saying driving 10miles over the speed limit is ok, b/c everyone does it. That doesn't make it legal. Try that argument with the State Patrol next time you get stopped, and see how far that gets ya.

If something like that happens away from the play, I agree let it go. However, if a hold or a clip does affect the play, and in this case resulted in a TD that changed the complexion of the contest, then there is no excuse in the world of why it shouldn't have been called back.

Wow, victim thinking , you have to be good enough to overcome bad calls they happen every game.... It is not what happens to you that counts, it is how you react to what happens to you that does... Minford has a decent Team and 2 above average players #52 and #62... That itself will not complete a Team.. Burg dominated this game... I said the score would be 42 to 0 , some people say that is arrogance , I say it was a good prediction , I was not counting on the Burg 2 turnovers on their own 35 and then 40 yard line, however yet again the Burg Defense made Minford kick field goals.....

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Minford had 3 TO's and Burg had 3 TO'S. Minford got a FG off of one of Burgs, and I think the Burg got 2 TD's off of Minfords and one I think Burg actually punted. TO's did not account for all of Burgs points. They had a few nice long drives.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:Wasn't the score 14-6 before the blatant clip and hold on the kickoff return? Also, to say it happens almost every play is akin to saying driving 10miles over the speed limit is ok, b/c everyone does it. That doesn't make it legal. Try that argument with the State Patrol next time you get stopped, and see how far that gets ya.

Like I said above, your offensive lineman held on almost every play and how many were actually called. The crew sucked and missed a lot of calls. Your player should have been ejected for stomping on one of our players in the pile. And yes I mean stomp. I was right there with a great view and he came down pretty hard on him with his foot. Instead, it becomes off setting when our players retaliated by pushing.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

You can say what you want about the officiating. Yeah I thought it was bad both ways for the most part as well The difference in the game was wheelersburg being wheelersburg from the 3 minute mark in the second quarter. Minford had just scored to make it a 7-6 game if they hold burg and go in a half they had all the momentum and they were fired up. Instead burg goes 70 yards and scores with less than 20 seconds left. Then Burke goes 98 with the opening kickof the second half. 21-6. And now Minford. Is completely out of their gameplan of running the ball and controlling the clock. And it got out if hand.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

If Minford could have held on to the ball on the onside kick following their second field goal who knows what could have happened. That was a big game changer that gave Wheelersburg a short field to put up a touchdown right before half. The refs were pretty terrible for both sides. I didnt know defenders were allowed to pretty much tackle receivers on a hitch and go route but apparently you can, or Burg line man are allowed to chop block a blitzing defender as he is already engaged, let alone the excellent form tackles by the Burg return team on the touchdown return. Also booing an injured player during an official timeout? Come on now. :roll:

Refs dont account for 30+ unanswered points though. Very impressed with Burgs line making them running backs look good 8) . Good luck next week and in the playoffs.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Incognito wrote:If Minford could have held on to the ball on the onside kick following their second field goal who knows what could have happened. That was a big game changer that gave Wheelersburg a short field to put up a touchdown right before half. The refs were pretty terrible for both sides. I didnt know defenders were allowed to pretty much tackle receivers on a hitch and go route but apparently you can, or Burg line man are allowed to chop block a blitzing defender as he is already engaged, let alone the excellent form tackles by the Burg return team on the touchdown return. Also booing an injured player during an official timeout? Come on now. :roll:

Refs dont account for 30+ unanswered points though. Very impressed with Burgs line making them running backs look good 8) . Good luck next week and in the playoffs.

Thank you for the complements .. I think....

Return to “Football”