Minford(6) @ (50)West

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC2 Opening Week (3-2) Minford @ (5-0) West

Post by Westfan »

PoundWESTpound wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm Didn't realize there was that much change amongst the coaches. They must have found the missing piece cause this doesn't even look like the same team. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds.
Ben Johnson is a tremendous coach. But it takes an entire staff with knowledge and chemistry to win. I think West has the best coaching staff in Southern Ohio. Now they finally have the system in place and the players and fan base are buying in. West always has a love for football and usually talent, but we haven't had a Program. Programs win consistently.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

As far as the game West is coming off 4 of 5 tough emotional games. Last week was a playoff atmosphere. Would expect them to come out a little flat. Minford has put up some points. Better not overlook them.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Minford is coming off a good win against a poor Williamsburg team. West is a different monster. Minford defense has to play its best game of the year if they want this game to be close. Their lack of size on both sides of the ball could be exposed this week.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Westfan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:17 am
PoundWESTpound wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm Didn't realize there was that much change amongst the coaches. They must have found the missing piece cause this doesn't even look like the same team. Can't wait to see how this season unfolds.
Ben Johnson is a tremendous coach. But it takes an entire staff with knowledge and chemistry to win. I think West has the best coaching staff in Southern Ohio. Now they finally have the system in place and the players and fan base are buying in. West always has a love for football and usually talent, but we haven't had a Program. Programs win consistently.
If West can be this dominant for a few years in a row, I think their coaching staff can be in the conversation for best staff around. Until then, Burg's staff remains on top. I realize the coaches don't go out and make plays, but their game planning seems to be the best around. No matter who they play, the staff has the answers on how to stop the opposing offense and exploit the other team's defense.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Minford may finish league play 0-4 or 3-1. I think they have that caliber of players.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

This might be a closer game than the Sider fans think it will be......

Minford scored 30+ on NY at their place who isn't really a shabby team lol. Might want to consider that before you start predicting a shut out.

I think Minford will definitely score points. The question is can they stop West and not get pounded into submission up front. Minford is definitely not strong in the trenches, but if they can throw the ball on West and get rid of it quickly, the line becomes enept.

bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

West by 21. Heard that their fullback (#33) is out for year, knee blew out. I watched the Ironton/West scrimmage and he looked like a very hard hitting kid. Very good blocking back !
Is he a senior ?

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I forgot about that score minford put on Ny changing my score to west 31 minford 21

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:31 pm This might be a closer game than the Sider fans think it will be......

Minford scored 30+ on NY at their place who isn't really a shabby team lol. Might want to consider that before you start predicting a shut out.

I think Minford will definitely score points. The question is can they stop West and not get pounded into submission up front. Minford is definitely not strong in the trenches, but if they can throw the ball on West and get rid of it quickly, the line becomes enept.
Yeah I'm buying what you're selling. Falcons are a tough out at the Rock. Always play well there. This is likely a dogfight.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Game of the week. West wins.

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

The Oaf wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:31 pm This might be a closer game than the Sider fans think it will be......

Yeah I'm buying what you're selling. Falcons are a tough out at the Rock. Always play well there. This is likely a dogfight.
Minford will be tough, but this is the weakest defense Minford has had in a while. West will be able to do whatever they want on offense.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

You would eat my food and drink my beer too! :lol: :lol:

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

This football game should and will be close. The Nelsonville York/Waverly score showed a little about the true reflection of Minford's 3-2 record which could easily be 4-1 with the absence of a key turnover. I expect a 4 quarter slug fest that goes to the wire at the Rock.

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

Any chance of an upset this week with Minford coming out on top? West has looked very impressive so far this year and has the size and skill to control this game, but I would like to see a Falcon victory come Friday night.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:12 pm Game of the week. West wins.
Is every west game GOTW? notre dame vs green will be gotw 2 totals scores

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:30 am

You would eat my food and drink my beer too! :lol: :lol:
Crow? :lol: :lol: good luck to your Falcons this week BR

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

No posts since Wednesday? Very odd considering its Minford vs West.

BUMP!!

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

IMHO, game will be closer than most people think. Looking at Minford's losses, Oak Hill (4-1) had to go to Overtime to beat Minford...Nelsonville York (5-0) only beat Minford 50-33...and they have won the other 3 games by margins of 30, 27, 1. Minford is not a bad 2-3 team.

Should be a great game! West Defenses averages giving up 13 points a game so...who knows???

I see this game going into OT with a possible Falcon Victory!

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

PirateBB wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:34 pm IMHO, game will be closer than most people think. Looking at Minford's losses, Oak Hill (4-1) had to go to Overtime to beat Minford...Nelsonville York (5-0) only beat Minford 50-33...and they have won the other 3 games by margins of 30, 27, 1. Minford is not a bad 2-3 team.

Should be a great game! West Defenses averages giving up 13 points a game so...who knows???

I see this game going into OT with a possible Falcon Victory!
PirateBB you bring up a very good point...Minford has been competitive in both of their losses and I'm sure that they aren't happy being at 3-2 on the season. If the Falcons come out with some fire tonight it may be an interesting game, but if not it could be a one sided contest with West rolling. Here's hoping for a MINFORD FALCON victory!

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

West is up 37-6 at halftime.

Return to “Football”