The Burg's the word!

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: The Burg's the word!

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:09 pm It will be the same way again this year almost winning it all but falls short.... prove me wrong
You could be right. There are several good teams in d5. No shame in not winning it all. As long as the pirates play hard and don't quit, I will be a proud burg fan!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

What is the point in this thread?
95% of the folks talking about Burg on this site are from Burg, so who are these "haters"

I know you guys love to talk about Burg (as you should, great program), but pretending everyone else hates Wheelersburg is just silly.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:14 pm What is the point in this thread?
95% of the folks talking about Burg on this site are from Burg, so who are these "haters"

I know you guys love to talk about Burg (as you should, great program), but pretending everyone else hates Wheelersburg is just silly.
It’s the 5% that are the haters. Lmao.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:18 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:14 pm What is the point in this thread?

I want you guys to go 15-0!
Bring it home Burg!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:22 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:18 pm

I want you guys to go 15-0!
Bring it home Burg!
Just trying to get that 5%on board.. lol GO BURG.
Number 1 haters.. oak and bleeding red

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:10 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:04 pm is +
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:02 pm I don’t think anyone is acting like Burg was the only team there. I think the point is that the majority of people hating on Burg haven’t been there in the last 20 or more years. People want to talk $h!t and say that Burg can’t or won’t do it and their teams are nowhere close to being in contention. It’s rather stupid.
I have never been there lmao...
Then why are you trying to hate? I think you’re eliminated from this competition.
Cause its a hater thread. He said lets hear it

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Seabee_0586
Varsity

Post by Seabee_0586 »

how many kids on the burg team are from different school districts? Just curious

SOC 1
The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

The Burg will take their lumps next week when Valley puts a running clock on them :D

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Seabee_0586 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:15 pm how many kids on the burg team are from different school districts? Just curious
If that’s the way you want to look at it. You would think that everyone would be on board for Burg to win it all. If they have a kid from here or there, then everyone knows a kid on the team. Then we all could get along.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Burg from this Ironton Fighting Tiger, hope you Guys bring home another State Championship to Southeastern Ohio.

Southeastern Ohio is over due...........

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

I have been rooting for burg all year. Have even said many of times i look for them to win it all., But i took this as a haters thread and wanted to play lmao

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 pm I have been rooting for burg all year. Have even said many of times i look for them to win it all., But i took this as a haters thread and wanted to play lmao
Lmao. You’re always down for a good time.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:10 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 pm I have been rooting for burg all year. Have even said many of times i look for them to win it all., But i took this as a haters thread and wanted to play lmao
Lmao. You’re always down for a good time.
Lol just waiting on dinner to finish so having fun.. Not the whole thread poop that be a long dinner

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I hope the Burg goes 15-0 and wins the title. I believe they are capable. However, we defeated a team for the title in '79 that, on paper, looked like they could destroy us and were 2 touchdown favorites and I just think that was being nice. Don't let over confidence become a factor.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:06 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:03 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:01 pm Anyone have anything about this season. Burg fans aren't ironton fans. We don't live in the past..
So you started this and now coming up with a change cause we're pointing out. that you guys have been slapped around before? No one has anything this season you're 7-0 cannot to much talk poop about that.
In 2000 west beat burg something like 62-0...
Not a drop of truth in this statement at all.......... :roll:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:05 pm And am i mistaking thinking West has been in a title game since you guys?
You are not mistaken. Burg's state title was in 1989. West finished as state runner up in the late 90's or early 00's. But you know what....I'm from Burg and I was cheering for them like I was from West because they were representing Southern Ohio Football. Even after they lost, I had my chest pumped out a little more just because of the pride they brought to this area. Remember that when The Burg is representing this area with our deep playoff run this year. Hopefully it leads them all the way to a state title.

And as for the other posts that were talking about Coldwater and Coshocton....the DV state title has ran through the town of Coldwater for at least the last decade. They have either won it all or been the runner up during that time period. I don't remember any other SEO school get far enough in the DV playoffs lately to even take the field with Coldwater let alone give them our best shot. I would say if we played Coldwater 10 times we would win 4 to 6 of those games. I believe The Burg has taken that next step in the last few years to start to compete with the best.

And as for Coshocton....yes we put ourselves in a deep hole in the first half of that game. Our QB- Center exchanges werehorrible!! Multiple fumbles, some recovered by us some not. But we also almost overcame all that to win the game. Coshocton was also a one year wonder. They are 1-6 this year. Guess their talented team from last year graduated huh? Just like the Zane Trace team we tore a new one on the year before that. They finished something like 5-5 last year after their "magical run".

Wheelersburg is not a one year wonder like the Coshoctons or the Zane Traces. They are consistently one of the best programs in SEO for a long long time. Yes every now and then a school from this area will rise up and beat us. But NOT often.

Now I will climb down from my soap box and rest my fingers for a bit. Go Burg.....Go SEO football!!!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

And i will be rooting for burg and have been all year. they wanted to hear some hate so i delivered

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 pm And i will be rooting for burg and have been all year. they wanted to hear some hate so i delivered
I know this is a "haters" thread and people are just playing devils advocate. I think my last post was just built up from other posters from other threads. It started off as a simple reply to your previous comment and kind of got away from me. Next thing I know my post longer than War and Peace. Lol

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 pm And i will be rooting for burg and have been all year. they wanted to hear some hate so i delivered
I know this is a "haters" thread and people are just playing devils advocate. I think my last post was just built up from other posters from other threads. It started off as a simple reply to your previous comment and kind of got away from me. Next thing I know my post longer than War and Peace. Lol
😆😂😆

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:28 pm
:lol: :!: I'm :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Return to “Football”