Danville 27 Trimble 10 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

mattash
Site Admin

Danville 27 Trimble 10 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Post by mattash »

Go Cats

Thoughts ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: RD2 (9-2) Trimble vs. (10-1) Danville

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO CATS!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Go cats Get the win

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Through 11 games Danville's QB passing stats are
185-288 2677 yds 24tds/3int
Last edited by icanpickem on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

As for site, I'll guess maysville or sheridan.

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Played in ‘01 at Newark.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Danville +21.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

DANVILLE — At halftime, the Danville Blue Devils switched from their alternate battleship gray jerseys to their traditional blue and white.
Then they seized the momentum.
The Blue Devils scored two quick touchdowns in the third quarter Friday and pulled away from Bishop Rosecrans, 35-14, in their Division VII regional semifinal at Tough Street Stadium.
The Danville field was well-suited for an old-fashioned football game. The field had more mud than grass in some patches. By the fourth quarter, the all-white uniforms worn by the Bishops were nearly completely brown. The slippery conditions made it virtually impossible to run a multi-faceted offense.
Rosecrans, which scored 420 points in the regular season and averaged 367 yards per game, was held to 138 total yards by Danville. Quarterback Jack Nash completed just one out of 13 pass attempts for a total of minus-1 yard.
The rest of the offense is is centered around 1,000-yard rusher Carter Dosch and 1,000-yard receiver Hudson Moore. Dosch was held to 89 yards on 21 carries, which Moore was shut out.
“We watched the film on them (Rosecrans). We were able to keep them contained, for the most part,” Danville head coach Ed Honabarger said. “The field was a big help, too. In this mud, you can’t get any traction. Your best bet to run is to run right at us.”
Skyler Durbin had one of his best games all season. At quarterback, the 6-foot-4 senior completed 27 out of 39 passes for 344 yards and two touchdowns. He rushed for 23 yards and one score. On defense, Durbin swatted away a fourth-down pass in the endzone that would have kept the Bishops in the game.
“We felt they (Rosecrans) hadn’t played anybody that passes the ball like we do, and run the formations that we do,” Honabarger said. “We wanted to spread them out, then pick our spots when to run.”
Chris Greenawalt also saw success on both sides of the ball. He rushed for two touchdowns of 5 and 4 yards out — each in the second half — and had three tackles for loss on defense.
“I felt confident coming out. We had some hard practices this week,” Greenawalt said. “I stayed behind my blockers and trusted them. It feels awesome. I’m glad to keep playing with my brothers.”
Danville’s only problem in the game was holding onto the ball. The Devils fumbled six times, three of which resulted in turnovers. One halted a possible touchdown drive, while the other two led to the Bishops’ only two scores of the game. The receivers also dropped several passes that would have resulted in first downs.
“We should have had more scores,” Honabarger said.

“But, that’s going to happen when you’re up against good teams. We have to capitalize when we have our chances.”
Danville (10-1) scored on its first possession with an 18-yard pass from Durbin to Brice Berger. After Nash scored on a quarterback sneak to tie the game, Durbin ran it in himself from three yards out to give the Devils a 13-7 lead midway through the second quarter.
The hosts scored on their first possession in the second half as well, on Greenawalt’s first touchdown run. On the ensuing kickoff, the ball bounced off a Rosecrans upback and was recovered by Danville. That eventually led to the team’s next score, a 21yard pass from Durbin to Tyler Mickley to make it 287.
The Devils started the game in their alternate jerseys, which are dark grey with blue numbers. With the team struggling to hold onto the ball, the players went into the locker room at halftime and switched to their traditional home blue jerseys with white numbers.
Danville fumbled twice after that, both times on snaps late in the game after the outcome had already been decided.
The Devils now have to prepare for Glouster Trimble, which defeated Lucas, 20-19, in their regional quarterfinal. That game will take place next Friday at 7:30 p.m., at a location to be decided.
The winner of the Danville-Trimble game will play either Sciotoville East or River in the regional final on Nov. 17.
“I think there was a lot of talk about how we were going to do this year,” Greenawalt said. “We proved that we can do what we need to do.”
NOTES: Corbin Hazen led Danville with nine catches for 83 yards. Berger finished with 132 yards on seven catches. ... Mickley had five catches for 34 yards. Trenten Sturgeon caught three passes for 38 yards. ... Of Rosecrans’ eight first downs, four came via Danville penalties. ... Nash had 45 yards on 15 carries.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/sto ... 830227001/

LUCAS – Jackson Hauger was certain his team's "third time's a charm" persistence would be a good omen in the end.

Trailing 20-13 to Glouster Trimble in the fourth quarter of Friday night's Division VII regional quarterfinal football game, the Cubs scored on a 37-yard reception by Hauger.

Only to have it called back because of an ineligible player downfield.

The drive appeared to stall, but on fourth-and-16 from the Lucas 48, punter (and quarterback) Logan Niswander faked the kick and threw a 21-yard strike to Hauger which led to a 13-yard TD pass to Kaiden Thomas.

Except that Lucas was flagged again for having an ineligible player downfield.

It took three tries, but the Cubs eventually punched it in on a 10-yard run by Jeb Grover, putting them within a 2-point conversion pass of taking the lead with 5:19 to play at Bob Wine Field.

Hauger thought his team would not be denied a victory, especially after the Cubs perfectly executed a go-ahead PAT pass.

Fireworks followed.

They were nice, but, alas, premature.

Lucas was flagged for not having enough players on the field. A second 2-point try came up short and, ultimately, so did the Cubs as their season ended in a 20-19 loss.

"Every time we went in the end zone I looked back and ... darn, a yellow flag," Hauger said. "But, yeah, I thought we had all the momentum. It just didn't work out and we ran out of time like last year (in a 21-19 playoff loss at Arlington)."

Hauger and the other eight seniors on the team reached the playoffs all four years of their careers, reaching the regional finals in 2015. This was not the home finale they envisioned.

"I've been truly blessed to be on this team and see the community come together every Friday night," Hauger said. "It's awesome."

If Lucas was going to fall Friday, it wasn't going to be because they played not to lose. The Cubs have a reputation for being exclusively a run team, but their Wing-T attack actually sprouted wings against Trimble.

Niswander threw for 179 yards and two touchdowns – a 39-yarder to tight end Logan Knipp and a 10-yarder to tight end Bryce Hall. A fourth-and-two gamble from the Trimble 41 led to Knipp's TD as both coaches showed an aversion all night for the punt.

Trimble's first touchdown was the result of three fourth down conversions.

"We took the mindset of attacking," Lucas coach Scott Spitler said.

Trimble's second touchdown came on a 78-yard drive just before halftime for a 14-6 lead. The Tomcats got the ball back with 1:35 left and they needed only 1:25 to reach the end zone.

"That (failed 2-point PAT in the fourth quarter) wasn't the game; it was the first half," Spitler said. "We allowed the pressure of being at home, being the upper seed, get to us. We were a little anxious and uncharacteristically sloppy at times, and it cost us."

After the Cubs closed within 20-19, Spitler opted for an onside kick. but Trimble recovered and ran the last five minutes off the clock. The Tomcats had first down at the 1 with two minutes left, but instead of scoring sophomore quarterback Cameron Kittle took a knee three times as time expired.

"They kept getting (our defense) in third and short and fourth and short, which is tough with the players they have," Spitler said. "So we felt the need to get the ball back right there. And if we don't get (the onside kick), a shorter field gives us an opportunity where they don't kill as much clock in our minds."

None of the Cubs were in a hurry to leave the field after being denied a berth in the regional semis.

"These kids were amazing, making the playoffs four straight years," Spitler said. "Hopefully, we'll come out on the other end of one of these tight ones in the post-season.

"This is fun; this ain't work with these guys. I wanted more weeks. That's how much they mean to me ... I selfishly wanted more weeks."

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Danville has a solid program.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

So does Trimble.It would be nice to have a little respect for Trimble.After all they have played in 8 straight play offs,14 over all,a 13 and 13 record 2 region championships 2 final 4's 1 state finals.You can call me stupid if you want but I think that's a solid football program.

:roll: cats :roll:
Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Trimble goes on the road with pretty much a sophmore team wins there first ever first round road game to go along what was mentioned in the above comments. For some that dont know Trimble is used to hosting a first round game so winning a first round road game is a big deal. I may be wrong but I think they have finished no worse than 7-3 sense the 99 season. I think they can arguable be considered a top notch football program. Scary thing is in my oppinion were still 2 years away from something big

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Any word where this will be played? Seems like everyone else got there assignments but us

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
goredrage
Waterboy

Post by goredrage »

I can see this game being at Sheridan.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good Luck Cats,

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

goredrage wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:04 pm I can see this game being at Sheridan.
Hope so. Equal distance and no track around field.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’m thinking it’s either Sheridan or Lakewood. Lakewood now has turf.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sheridan sounds logical here. Go Cats

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

I really hope trimble takes this one. But will be a rough task

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.

Return to “Football”