Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Bronc21
All Conference

Re: RD2 (9-2) Johnstown Monroe vs. (10-1) West

Post by Bronc21 »

The Johnies by 14

The_Rock
Waterboy

Post by The_Rock »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:58 am In watching West against Burg, I think the QB'S biggest problem was indecisiveness.
He throws well and seems to see the field well.
I really believe his indecisiveness comes from lack of confidence in his ability as a passer, not throwing enough in the game due to the offense West runs.
You’re correct he is very indecisive. I have to disagree with you saying he see’s the field well though, he does throw the ball pretty well, but you need to watch some more games. IMO his problem is he always wants to make the big play instead of just taking what is given. More times than I care to speak of this year he has made some bad decisions and missed wide open receivers, throwing into coverage because he isn’t reading and taking what’s given.

He seems to lock on to someone and waits and waits causing pressure when he could run for positive yards or throw it away. I don’t know if they tag routes to throw to or what, but I do know he doesn’t read the defense well at all. It’s kinda late to learn that now, but this is something I would work real hard on before next season. West is a solid team and can play good ball, I just think it all starts with #23 and the QB.

The QB is a decent athlete and I think he has confidence, I just don’t think he has been schooled up enough to be an efficient QB against a GOOD defense. Last week he had two crucial redzone INT’s against Ferry that could of provided some breathing room (one that he under threw horribly across his body, instead of running for a first down, the second one he floated into double coverage instead of zipping it in to the tight end over the linebacker which was there) that very well could’ve prove to be costly. Even the TD he threw, he threw late into coverage, but his arm strength saved him.... listen he needs to understand that’s not always going to be the case, especially this week against a good discipline JM team. I only say this because I would like to see them succeed and move on to a regional championship rematch with burg.

For West to win this game they will need to control the clock,the LOS, and have a good solid short pass game to free up #23. A bend but don’t break defense as well. Here’s hoping all goes well for West and they come out victorious!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

You have most definitley watched him more than I have. I was going on what I picked out against the Pirates.

I would recommend a couple QB camps or two during this off season.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

If West online is slow Jtown d will go through it all night and put pressure on the QB Jtown relays on there running game and uses it really well and will pass if they have to I’m sure there are some teams on our schedule that have jtown play off ready I watched the Burg/West game We gotta stop Staggs he seems like a great athlete Hoping we pull this win out

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

Better get there early. Not Much seating available at Zane Trace.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

#71 from West is definitely not slow, #59 is a quicker lineman as he plays linebacker and #52 seems to be athletic. #78 is a big guy at Tackle but #64 is pretty athletic as well. I can't figure out #76 he seems to be a two year letter winner but does not play a lot. I have seen #60 on the field as well on defense he is a bigger lineman. #34 is an interesting guy similar to what Johnstown has in 2011 with #3 from Johnstown. He is 5'9 about 250+ pounds and plays DT and FB/WB in their Jumbo package. #44 is a very quick DT and TE as well.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Zane Trace is not a good site for this game. Not enough seating, especially for Johnstown folks.

ZT would be a good site for a D6-7 game.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 pm If West online is slow Jtown d will go through it all night and put pressure on the QB Jtown relays on there running game and uses it really well and will pass if they have to I’m sure there are some teams on our schedule that have jtown play off ready I watched the Burg/West game We gotta stop Staggs he seems like a great athlete Hoping we pull this win out
That won’t be the case. JM will get in a dog fight if that’s how they play this game. West is solid and well coached. They won’t fold.

For West, I would recommend not rolling the QB out as much. I get him scrambling from pressure and all, but to design it that way, come on. Get him some short quick throws to keep the D honest and pound the ball up the gut. When the D starts sucking up, hit em over the top. West has the athletes, they can definitely win this game.

The_Rock
Waterboy

Post by The_Rock »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:57 pm You have most definitley watched him more than I have. I was going on what I picked out against the Pirates.

I would recommend a couple QB camps or two during this off season.
👍🏻 I agree

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Don't know that West has enough going on in the passing game to keep Johnstown honest. Should be a really hard hitting game but in the end I think Johnstown stands tall 28-14 or so. Will be pulling for West but my prediction is Johnstown and Burg week 13 at Chillicothe.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm
14svt wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 pm If West online is slow Jtown d will go through it all night and put pressure on the QB Jtown relays on there running game and uses it really well and will pass if they have to I’m sure there are some teams on our schedule that have jtown play off ready I watched the Burg/West game We gotta stop Staggs he seems like a great athlete Hoping we pull this win out
That won’t be the case. JM will get in a dog fight if that’s how they play this game. West is solid and well coached. They won’t fold.

For West, I would recommend not rolling the QB out as much. I get him scrambling from pressure and all, but to design it that way, come on. Get him some short quick throws to keep the D honest and pound the ball up the gut. When the D starts sucking up, hit em over the top. West has the athletes, they can definitely win this game.
Jtown loves gang tackling West will have to pass if they run up the middle Our d will not fold up the middle

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm Don't know that West has enough going on in the passing game to keep Johnstown honest. Should be a really hard hitting game but in the end I think Johnstown stands tall 28-14 or so. Will be pulling for West but my prediction is Johnstown and Burg week 13 at Chillicothe.
West QB has thrown for over 1200 yards this season. They are about 60/30 run to pass.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

The O-line will be fine they have already seen the best front 7 in region 19

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

noles_fan wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:32 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:26 pm Don't know that West has enough going on in the passing game to keep Johnstown honest. Should be a really hard hitting game but in the end I think Johnstown stands tall 28-14 or so. Will be pulling for West but my prediction is Johnstown and Burg week 13 at Chillicothe.
West QB has thrown for over 1200 yards this season. They are about 60/30 run to pass.

Where's the other 10%? Probably more 70/30 guessing you mean, 1,200 yards if your including playoff game is just over 100 a game. I'm more interested in pass attempts per game vs number of yards thrown for.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:57 pm
Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 am Chillicothe would be great. Good drive. Equal distance for both teams.
Burg will have the chillicothe site because they are the #1 seed and it’s the same driving for both. That’s just my opinion but what do I know? The committee never makes since when it comes to sites
If Zane trace put in for games then there’s the possibility West and Wheelersburg both play in Chillicothe.
Chillicothe high school

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Where's the other 10%? Probably more 70/30 guessing you mean, 1,200 yards if your including playoff game is just over 100 a game. I'm more interested in pass attempts per game vs number of yards thrown for.
He has 140 attempts

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:25 pm
14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:57 pm
Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 am Chillicothe would be great. Good drive. Equal distance for both teams.
Burg will have the chillicothe site because they are the #1 seed and it’s the same driving for both. That’s just my opinion but what do I know? The committee never makes since when it comes to sites
If Zane trace put in for games then there’s the possibility West and Wheelersburg both play in Chillicothe.
Zane Trace shouldn't hold a game period, the visitors will have like 150 max seating. Nice upgrade to the field, but the visitor seating not so much.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
burgsports
Waterboy

Post by burgsports »

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I just wanna say good luck to the Senators in this game.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

The problem that west has seemed to struggle with is their o-line, and their qb decision making.

Jolly(senator
Freshman Team

Post by Jolly(senator »

noles_fan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:30 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:44 pm

He has 140 attempts
About 9 yards per pass

Return to “Football”