Danville 27 Trimble 10 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

icanpickem
All Conference

Re: RD2 (9-2) Trimble vs. (10-1) Danville

Post by icanpickem »

Game is at newark. Official

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Thought they’d go with Newark again. Hoping for a similar outcome.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Gonna need to get some serious pressure on the Danville QB and try and have some long drives on offense to chew up clock. If they can do that then they'll be in it until the final whistle. Go Cats

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I’m going for the Cats in an “upset”. Go cats!!

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

ArmChairQB wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:00 am Danville +21.
I would say Danville will win by 21, not lose by 21😂

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Friday's game will be on 105.5FM

streamed online at wxtq.com

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Anything is possible you know that keep it going cats..

Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

Has Trimble and Danville played each other before?

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

Sideliner wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am Has Trimble and Danville played each other before?
2001 they played

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Sideliner wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:52 am Has Trimble and Danville played each other before?
In 2001 they played at Newark in the regional semis, with Danville winning 41-16.

bbtrucking.inc
Freshman Team

Post by bbtrucking.inc »

icanpickem wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:50 am http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/sto ... 830227001/

LUCAS – Jackson Hauger was certain his team's "third time's a charm" persistence would be a good omen in the end.

Trailing 20-13 to Glouster Trimble in the fourth quarter of Friday night's Division VII regional quarterfinal football game, the Cubs scored on a 37-yard reception by Hauger.

Only to have it called back because of an ineligible player downfield.

The drive appeared to stall, but on fourth-and-16 from the Lucas 48, punter (and quarterback) Logan Niswander faked the kick and threw a 21-yard strike to Hauger which led to a 13-yard TD pass to Kaiden Thomas.

Except that Lucas was flagged again for having an ineligible player downfield.

It took three tries, but the Cubs eventually punched it in on a 10-yard run by Jeb Grover, putting them within a 2-point conversion pass of taking the lead with 5:19 to play at Bob Wine Field.

Hauger thought his team would not be denied a victory, especially after the Cubs perfectly executed a go-ahead PAT pass.

Fireworks followed.

They were nice, but, alas, premature.

Lucas was flagged for not having enough players on the field. A second 2-point try came up short and, ultimately, so did the Cubs as their season ended in a 20-19 loss.

"Every time we went in the end zone I looked back and ... darn, a yellow flag," Hauger said. "But, yeah, I thought we had all the momentum. It just didn't work out and we ran out of time like last year (in a 21-19 playoff loss at Arlington)."

Hauger and the other eight seniors on the team reached the playoffs all four years of their careers, reaching the regional finals in 2015. This was not the home finale they envisioned.

"I've been truly blessed to be on this team and see the community come together every Friday night," Hauger said. "It's awesome."

If Lucas was going to fall Friday, it wasn't going to be because they played not to lose. The Cubs have a reputation for being exclusively a run team, but their Wing-T attack actually sprouted wings against Trimble.

Niswander threw for 179 yards and two touchdowns – a 39-yarder to tight end Logan Knipp and a 10-yarder to tight end Bryce Hall. A fourth-and-two gamble from the Trimble 41 led to Knipp's TD as both coaches showed an aversion all night for the punt.

Trimble's first touchdown was the result of three fourth down conversions.

"We took the mindset of attacking," Lucas coach Scott Spitler said.

Trimble's second touchdown came on a 78-yard drive just before halftime for a 14-6 lead. The Tomcats got the ball back with 1:35 left and they needed only 1:25 to reach the end zone.

"That (failed 2-point PAT in the fourth quarter) wasn't the game; it was the first half," Spitler said. "We allowed the pressure of being at home, being the upper seed, get to us. We were a little anxious and uncharacteristically sloppy at times, and it cost us."

After the Cubs closed within 20-19, Spitler opted for an onside kick. but Trimble recovered and ran the last five minutes off the clock. The Tomcats had first down at the 1 with two minutes left, but instead of scoring sophomore quarterback Cameron Kittle took a knee three times as time expired.

"They kept getting (our defense) in third and short and fourth and short, which is tough with the players they have," Spitler said. "So we felt the need to get the ball back right there. And if we don't get (the onside kick), a shorter field gives us an opportunity where they don't kill as much clock in our minds."

None of the Cubs were in a hurry to leave the field after being denied a berth in the regional semis.

"These kids were amazing, making the playoffs four straight years," Spitler said. "Hopefully, we'll come out on the other end of one of these tight ones in the post-season.

"This is fun; this ain't work with these guys. I wanted more weeks. That's how much they mean to me ... I selfishly wanted more weeks."
There is no such penalty as "not enough players on the field" you can play with 10 players like beallsville 2 years ago when they only had 11 and one had cramps.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Beg to differ.You must have 7 men on the line of scrimmage.Yes can have 10 and not get a flag,but 99% of the time you have someone off the ball which means you probley only have 6 men on the line.Actually in this case the artical did not tell you they had a player running on the field because they only had 10 on the field and flag should have been illegal motion against the offense which was what I thought they called.Etheir way the flag was right maybe the wrong wording if that's what they told the coach.Best game of the year,both teams was evenly matched.Someone had to advance.

:roll: cats :roll:
Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

kicker56 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:43 pm
In 2001 they played at Newark in the regional semis, with Danville winning 41-16.
Thanks! I thought they had played before. I didnt realize it had been 16 years ago. I hope it is a closer game this time around.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

We also lost our starting QB ,torn acl in 2qt had to bring in a freshman back up.Which was tuff for him.But turned out to be a heck of a QB the next 3 years.Danville also ran a totally different offense then they do today.Going from wing t to the spread.

Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

So Ttomcat80, are you thinking it is going to be a good game? I know the cats are tough. I don’t know much about Danville

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like they mostly throw very short passes. The typical load the box and press coverage. Can’t tell if they can run rub routes

Danville vs Garaway
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XOkDopd3rGY

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:48 pm We also lost our starting QB ,torn acl in 2qt had to bring in a freshman back up.Which was tuff for him.But turned out to be a heck of a QB the next 3 years.Danville also ran a totally different offense then they do today.Going from wing t to the spread.
That freshman backup would then go on to lead a team that had lost 48 straight games to a 7-3 season as head coach thirteen years later.

Shake”N”Bake

Post by Shake”N”Bake »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 pm
ttomcat 80 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:48 pm We also lost our starting QB ,torn acl in 2qt had to bring in a freshman back up.Which was tuff for him.But turned out to be a heck of a QB the next 3 years.Danville also ran a totally different offense then they do today.Going from wing t to the spread.
That freshman backup would then go on to lead a team that had lost 48 straight games to a 7-3 season as head coach thirteen years later.
The QB your refering to FormerFcfan came back to Trimble his senior year

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Shake n Bake your right.Not giving no names out formerfcfan.Wrong QB.I was just stating think it may of been a little closer with out the injury.Danville has changed their look over the years and they are pretty good,but don't count the boys from Gtown out.They will make that bus ride to Newark and anything can happen.Don't think their 21 point underdogs.Good luck Friday night.Go Cats

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Tomcat80, the backup QB in 01 was actually a sophomore, then broke umpteen Trimble records the next 2 years

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes

Return to “Football”