2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by The Nature Boy »

:lol: These posts are great. You just can't make this stuff up. Unless you have been living somewhere North of the border or south for that matter, the BURG IS THE WORD SPORTS FANS! I believe the Burg has finally figured out what it takes to win, win, win. Amazing victory the other night. Great teams find a way to win. What they did was incredible. And I don't want to hear a peep from the Johnnie on the spot fans. Burg is going to get it done. Who cares by how much as AL Davis of the Raiders used to say, just win baby. Git r dun or blast the cannon off the bow and go straight down the field for another Pirate touchdown. Stay thirsty dos amigos.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Looking at the Licking Valley game, they spread it out and run an offense similar to Wheelersburg’s and Johnstown seemed to struggle with the pass.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

These Pirates are going to be thinking ahead to state instead of winning region Mark my word

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

bleed_blue wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:50 pm Looking at the Licking Valley game, they spread it out and run an offense similar to Wheelersburg’s and Johnstown seemed to struggle with the pass.
But Johnstown switched there defense around after that game

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

7 pages in less than 24 hrs. Now that's impressive.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Piratefan2 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:12 pm 😂 I think 14u and 14svt/cobra is the same person 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 you guys crack me up! And a few people posting the same things as to copy cat each other but trying to use different words. Yes, everyone knows all football fields are 100x50 yards anywhere you go and Burg will play on any field (they ain’t scared) as for this weeks game, I have to agree with a few already posted opinions like when Burg gets this far it seems they shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers galore! Hopefully not this year anymore. I think this past game may have given them a wake up call for this years playoff road to state. IF, Burg plays the way they can and the coaches do what they do best, then this true Burg team should win this Friday........IMO, 42-14 as a fair score. GO PIRATES

Leave me out of the same person thing!!! I live in burg and know more football than most and forgot more than probably you know. I’m a person that goes and watches the best game in the area. A lot of people that have been on here since this site started knows me well since I too have been on here a long time and I don’t sugar coat anything, call it how I see it. Talking about the size of a field was to whoever don’t know football about being favorite just because they played at that field and that is so overrated!!! I give the only way playing on a football field will hurt a team only, when u travel 3-4 hrs. So read what I type better because I don’t get where u get I’m like that kid 14svt.i never put any player, team or place down. So now that u know I’m not one of the same you better get ur books out and get ur homework. Don’t type back because I will not reply to ur dumb comeback.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Where is this game being played?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

oldtrojan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm Where is this game being played?
Somebody said it was on chillicothe site that they get it but it comes out tomorrow for location

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 pm
oldtrojan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm Where is this game being played?
Somebody said it was on chillicothe site that they get it but it comes out tomorrow for location
It is Chillicothe seen it on ohsaa website. They have already announced locations.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:19 pm
Piratefan2 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:12 pm 😂 I think 14u and 14svt/cobra is the same person 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 you guys crack me up! And a few people posting the same things as to copy cat each other but trying to use different words. Yes, everyone knows all football fields are 100x50 yards anywhere you go and Burg will play on any field (they ain’t scared) as for this weeks game, I have to agree with a few already posted opinions like when Burg gets this far it seems they shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers galore! Hopefully not this year anymore. I think this past game may have given them a wake up call for this years playoff road to state. IF, Burg plays the way they can and the coaches do what they do best, then this true Burg team should win this Friday........IMO, 42-14 as a fair score. GO PIRATES

Leave me out of the same person thing!!! I live in burg and know more football than most and forgot more than probably you know. I’m a person that goes and watches the best game in the area. A lot of people that have been on here since this site started knows me well since I too have been on here a long time and I don’t sugar coat anything, call it how I see it. Talking about the size of a field was to whoever don’t know football about being favorite just because they played at that field and that is so overrated!!! I give the only way playing on a football field will hurt a team only, when u travel 3-4 hrs. So read what I type better because I don’t get where u get I’m like that kid 14svt.i never put any player, team or place down. So now that u know I’m not one of the same you better get ur books out and get ur homework. Don’t type back because I will not reply to ur dumb comeback.

My apologies 14u, it just seemed like that to me during this time although very confusing it now makes sense. My bad. So do we know for sure that we’re playing in Chillicothe again this Friday or is it just speculations?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Burggrad6

This is Wheelersburg's 29th appearance. Their record is now 32-27.

Chillicothe is the official site for the game Friday Night.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Thanks for the news 👍

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 pm You guys beat a Academy team that has never been in the playoffs Johnstown has playoff experience and these boys are on a mission and ready to play I see a lot of pressure on Burg next Friday and messing up and Johnstown capitalizing on it
Also Those boys were hitting hard last night I could here the helmets cracking you better hope you can stop # 5 if not he will be gone
Um Academy has 11 appearances winning two state championships. Try again scooter.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Yes sibibis45--- the post by 14svt was very false

Academy made their 12th appearance this year. All-time record now 16-10 and 2-0 in State Finals. Previous appearance was in 2016 (lost to Edison in Week eleven 14-30)

Johnstown Monroe is making their 10th appearance this year. All-time record now is 12-9 and they have never made a State Final Appearance. Their lone Final 4 appearance was in 2011 (lost to Norwayne 59-28 D4)

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:21 pm You guys beat a Academy team that has never been in the playoffs Johnstown has playoff experience and these boys are on a mission and ready to play I see a lot of pressure on Burg next Friday and messing up and Johnstown capitalizing on it
Also Those boys were hitting hard last night I could here the helmets cracking you better hope you can stop # 5 if not he will be gone

This post proves you are an idiot and are totally clueless. CA has won two state titles in there history.

Let’s see how no. 5 reacts to having his butt spanked by 6-7 Pirates every single time he touches the ball.

I also see now how you must be an Avenger as you were at Chillicothe watching Burg fans leaving in the 3rd qtr but was also hearing helmets cracking at Zane Trace HS. Which one are you? Are you Double body man?

Man, I’ve seen some trolls on here but you are an instant classic.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Donini is gonna have a huge game for burg on defense

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Just an observer, but JM is an excellent football team. They are hard nosed ,fast, and experienced. They haven't won a regional title because they've been in Steubenville's region the last few seasons.

I think both offenses will move the ball and this will be a good game to watch.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Bye Burg
Johnstown Monroe is a legit powerhouse. They are tough not scared of any team.
Johnstown Monroe 35
Burg 14

Guest2018
Waterboy

Post by Guest2018 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:48 pm

This post proves you are an idiot and are totally clueless. CA has won two state titles in there history.

Let’s see how no. 5 reacts to having his butt spanked by 6-7 Pirates every single time he touches the ball.

I also see now how you must be an Avenger as you were at Chillicothe watching Burg fans leaving in the 3rd qtr but was also hearing helmets cracking at Zane Trace HS. Which one are you? Are you Double body man?

Man, I’ve seen some trolls on here but you are an instant classic.
Based on what I saw last night, JM is counting on what you just posted. If WB needs 6 to 7 players to contain no. 5, then 39, 40 or 42 will carry the ball. I think PW did a fair job of containing 5 in the first half. However, 39 then scooted around the edge and there weren’t a lot of defenders left to be blocked. The first time 42 touched the ball, he went 30 or 40 yards before being touched.

This game will be won in the trenches. If JM has their way, they will consume a lot of clock and score TDs at the end of long drives. It looks like they are more than happy to eat up 4 yards each play and use clock. If that’s how their season has progressed, that explains lopsided victories that don’t have quite the point spread you all seem to be looking for.

If WB can create some 3 and outs, and protect their QB on the other side of the ball, then they will have the advantage. I didn’t see the game last night, but it sounds like they were willing to run the ball and exercise some patience. This could be a relatively low number of possessions game for both teams, so capitalizing on each possession will be big. Patience is a virtue.

This should be a great game. I’m looking forward to it. A high scoring affair would favor WB. We will see.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:07 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:52 pm
TravisHill22 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm Wheelersburg will definitely have the advantage in this one having already played @ Chillicothe
No no no no no!!!! Why would it matter if they played there before? Isn't every field the same exact size? SMDH!

I doesn’t matter what field u play on, it doesn’t give advantage because u played there before. The only thing that gives advantage is long bus rides on first round like a few years back coshocton traveling to West 3 hr drive. At this point it is same distance for both team and a football field is a football field because we play them on field turf now on
Coshocton played West in the 2nd round of the playoffs at Lancaster. They played at West during the regular season and beat West. But Im sure it had an effect on martins ferry who had an almost 4 hr bus ride this year.

Return to “Football”