2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Re: 2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

Post by #ReachHigher »

bleed_blue wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:55 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 am I for one kind of respect 14svt. He talked smack, as did us Burg fans, but he didn’t go in hiding afterwards. He came back and gave us credit for having a good football team. I myself don’t think the Johnnies are a bad team. They were there for a reason. If anything this doesn’t show me they were a bad team, it shows me just how good the Burg really is. Now let’s get ready to raise the Jolly Roger this Friday! #GoBurg #ReachHigher

I agree Johnstown was a very good team and a team that I expect Wheelersburg to do battle with again next year. I believe that they are a better than Madison. Unfortunately Johnstown ran into an extremely talent Wheelersburg team, on that could be the best the school has ever seen.
I have watched Wheelersburg for years and years. This is the best I’ve seen them look. So many different ways to beat someone and 3-4 deep at nearly every position. I’ll be proud of my Burg no matter what, but anything less than that state title with this team will be a disappointment

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:00 pm Why did Burg have to run around the whole field before the game
That’s intimidating

We will see you guys next year though
Good luck With Hartley next year
That's the idea, it helps to psych out the other team before the game. If I remember correctly, Coldwater had a similar pregame warmup routine a few years ago at Xenia that was also impressive.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:38 am I for one kind of respect 14svt. He talked smack, as did us Burg fans, but he didn’t go in hiding afterwards. He came back and gave us credit for having a good football team. I myself don’t think the Johnnies are a bad team. They were there for a reason. If anything this doesn’t show me they were a bad team, it shows me just how good the Burg really is. Now let’s get ready to raise the Jolly Roger this Friday! #GoBurg #ReachHigher

I agree Johnstown was a very good team and a team that I expect Wheelersburg to do battle with again next year. I believe that they are a better than Madison. Unfortunately Johnstown ran into an extremely talent Wheelersburg team, on that could be the best the school has ever seen.
I have watched Wheelersburg for years and years. This is the best I’ve seen them look. So many different ways to beat someone and 3-4 deep at nearly every position. I’ll be proud of my Burg no matter what, but anything less than that state title with this team will be a disappointment

I agree on this being the best Burg team I have seen. Graduated from the Burg in the 80's and have watched this team from the stands since then as my kids have played here. I said the same thing earlier in the season as these young men just have that natural talent that we haven't seen for a while and are very coachable. Go Burg!!!

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

It's not looking at it from a "Burg vantage point", it's looking at it with my eyes and he most certainly grabbed a couple players until he found some freshman to comply with him. Shouldn't have been on the 50 for a sustained amount of time and definitely should never have touched any Wheelersburg players.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by Sport Fan »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 pm Hats off to burg on a well executed game. Just because Johnstown didn’t do what we hoped didn’t mean they couldn’t. Burg obviously came out and did what they needed, get a lead and make the johnnies get to 2nd and 3rd and long. I think burg played well and give them credit for forcing jtown to be uncomfortable. However, I think Johnstown is better than they played tonight and better than Jackson and academy, obviously but showed in the first half they are a state championship caliber team. Hope burg wins it all, but the way Johnstown played tonight is going to sting for a while.
Johnstown played their Best like they always do.. They just ran into a wall of a much Better Team period...

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm All you have to do is be on the other side of the line some players are obviously back farther than others, but doesn't give burg right to run on the other side of the 50, they don't have to cross at the 50 nor does Johnstown have to stand on the 50, but in this case when two teams plan to be at the 50 at the same time something like this was bound to happen. The coach from Johnstown did not put hands on any player from burg from my view he was standing there trying to redirect traffic and burg players were running into him. You can look at it from a burg vantage point and your opinion, but the jtown coach actually stayed calm and tried to get kids to move to the other side of the 50 in my opinion. There was some fan from burg yelling from the stands which was just another example of disrespect. Johnstown and burg will most likely match up again next year, should be a great game. Can't wait

After watching the video, as you can clearly see that their coach was putting his hands and shouldering the kids ... Not acceptable !!!!! :o

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Burgball#1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:52 am
#ReachHigher wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 am

I agree on this being the best Burg team I have seen. Graduated from the Burg in the 80's and have watched this team from the stands since then as my kids have played here. I said the same thing earlier in the season as these young men just have that natural talent that we haven't seen for a while and are very coachable. Go Burg!!!
I have watched them for about 20 years now and this team is legit! Nasty as any team I have ever watched in all phases of the game. 27 point favorites this week. As long as they don’t beat themselves with turnovers or something like that, I do not see this team losing to anyone.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 am
On a side note, WTH was up with JM standing on the 50 during warmups??? I know it is just common courtesy to not stand on the 50 but its something you just don't do and I think all it did was fire the Burg up more. Also, WTH was up with the JM coach actually grabbing kids and trying to push them behind the JM players. Then when Coach Woodward confronted the JM coach, some words were exchanged and then there coach hugged Coach Woodward??? WTH?????? Pretty punk move of JM's part and I think it bit them in the arse
Johnstown has always put their players on the 49 to stretch this is not uncommon by many teams. It's an unwritten rule for teams to stay on their own side of the 50. When the Wheelersburg players were running out like they probably always run across the 50 they decided to run on the 48 on Johnstown's side of the field. Obviously from what I saw the Jtown coach was saying please stay on your side of the 50 and kids where running into him and a player told us that when he said something to #32 to stay on their side of the 50 he actually said no way. Eventually the younger players had enough respect for the Jtown coach and started running on their side of the field. Coach Carter actually coached your head coach in college. That may be why they met at mid field. Seemed like Burg did not have respect and wanted to intimidate Jtown in my opinion.
If you watch the video your description of the actions of your coach does not appear to be correct.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:50 am
55buckeyes98 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:16 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:55 am
On a side note, WTH was up with JM standing on the 50 during warmups??? I know it is just common courtesy to not stand on the 50 but its something you just don't do and I think all it did was fire the Burg up more. Also, WTH was up with the JM coach actually grabbing kids and trying to push them behind the JM players. Then when Coach Woodward confronted the JM coach, some words were exchanged and then there coach hugged Coach Woodward??? WTH?????? Pretty punk move of JM's part and I think it bit them in the arse
Johnstown has always put their players on the 49 to stretch this is not uncommon by many teams. It's an unwritten rule for teams to stay on their own side of the 50. When the Wheelersburg players were running out like they probably always run across the 50 they decided to run on the 48 on Johnstown's side of the field. Obviously from what I saw the Jtown coach was saying please stay on your side of the 50 and kids where running into him and a player told us that when he said something to #32 to stay on their side of the 50 he actually said no way. Eventually the younger players had enough respect for the Jtown coach and started running on their side of the field. Coach Carter actually coached your head coach in college. That may be why they met at mid field. Seemed like Burg did not have respect and wanted to intimidate Jtown in my opinion.
If you watch the video your description of the actions of your coach does not appear to be correct.
Lol. I think it’s funny. When you watch the video you can see Carmichael telling the kid behind him what he was going to do. 😂. Then the utter shock on the coaches faces when they see 80 kids run IN FRONT of what has to be their seniors on the 50. I bet he was thinking “Damnit, that back fired.” 🤣

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Johnstown has been doing that stretch for 16 years never had a problem until wheelersburg players and coaches allowed it to be a problem. Johnstown coach was going through his normal warmup routine of addressing his players and was standing there when burg players chose to run into him instead of go behind the players like they should. Keep making excuses for your players actions and blaming it on Johnstown. Shows a lack of respect for your team, which we have established is talented, but do they have class and respect for the game? This makes me doubt it... and the fans excuse it. Jtown may have lost but they played with class and how you play is more important than winning. Don’t let karma get you as it always does eventually. Congrats to the pirates on being the better team, good luck next two weeks Johnstown will be rooting for you.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am Johnstown has been doing that stretch for 16 years never had a problem until wheelersburg players and coaches allowed it to be a problem. Johnstown coach was going through his normal warmup routine of addressing his players and was standing there when burg players chose to run into him instead of go behind the players like they should. Keep making excuses for your players actions and blaming it on Johnstown. Shows a lack of respect for your team, which we have established is talented, but do they have class and respect for the game? This makes me doubt it... and the fans excuse it. Jtown may have lost but they played with class and how you play is more important than winning. Don’t let karma get you as it always does eventually. Congrats to the pirates on being the better team, good luck next two weeks Johnstown will be rooting for you.
Well your statements have been proven wrong twice by a video and picture but at least your sticking to your guns

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Standing on the 50 is not an issue, jtown was there all the burg players had to do was run behind the players, they chose to run on jtown s side, the video shows no intentional malintent, he’s trying to redirect the players to the other side of the jtown players. He never used any force or tried to contact any player, he had his hands out, contact was made, but nothing inappropriate by the jtown coach from what I see. No one was hurt let’s move on.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 am Standing on the 50 is not an issue, jtown was there all the burg players had to do was run behind the players, they chose to run on jtown s side, the video shows no intentional malintent, he’s trying to redirect the players to the other side of the jtown players. He never used any force or tried to contact any player, he had his hands out, contact was made, but nothing inappropriate by the jtown coach from what I see. No one was hurt let’s move on.
What are you looking at? The coach intentionally stepped in front of the burg kids and lowered his shoulder into about the 1st 4-5 kids that passed him. Stand on your 49 and nothing happens.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 am Standing on the 50 is not an issue, jtown was there all the burg players had to do was run behind the players, they chose to run on jtown s side, the video shows no intentional malintent, he’s trying to redirect the players to the other side of the jtown players. He never used any force or tried to contact any player, he had his hands out, contact was made, but nothing inappropriate by the jtown coach from what I see. No one was hurt let’s move on.
That coach was a punk but this can be fixed by the Ohsaa. A simple rule that dates all teams must start their warmup on the 45. A 15 yard penalty will start the game if any team begins within a yard of the 50. Pretty simple really.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Run behind the team and this is a non issue... lowered his shoulder? Hardly keep watching it... he was trying to walk through a stream of players that should not have been there who were not willing to follow a directive by a coach, who asked them to run on their side of the 50. I see nothing here worth even worrying about except the risk of two teams with high emotions with one team feeling disrespected and luckily jtown players and coaches kept their cool because they are taught better than that or it could have gotten ugly. I don’t think burg truly intended it to be disrespectful but they initiated this exchange not Johnstown so like I said it’s a non issue now as it worked in burgs favor. Good luck the rest of the way

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:15 am
That coach was a punk but this can be fixed by the Ohsaa. A simple rule that dates all teams must start their warmup on the 45. A 15 yard penalty will start the game if any team begins within a yard of the 50. Pretty simple really.
The coach was a punk for standing his ground and trying to keep an opponent away from his players... take off the rose colored glasses.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 am Run behind the team and this is a non issue... lowered his shoulder? Hardly keep watching it... he was trying to walk through a stream of players that should not have been there who were not willing to follow a directive by a coach, who asked them to run on their side of the 50. I see nothing here worth even worrying about except the risk of two teams with high emotions with one team feeling disrespected and luckily jtown players and coaches kept their cool because they are taught better than that or it could have gotten ugly. I don’t think burg truly intended it to be disrespectful but they initiated this exchange not Johnstown so like I said it’s a non issue now as it worked in burgs favor. Good luck the rest of the way
I kept watching,the coach lowered his shoulder and purposely got in the players path. He didn’t start motioning the players until he got to the end of line. Would it not have been better to just let them run across the field? Then there is no contact.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

He was knocked off balance by burg players never lowered his shoulder... stay calm and admit when you are wrong 👌🏻

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

So sayers the poster who has been wrong all week lol

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

55buckeyes98 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:35 am He was knocked off balance by burg players never lowered his shoulder... stay calm and admit when you are wrong 👌🏻
No problem I’m calm
Well just have to agree to disagree
Good luck next season

Return to “Football”