State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by greygoose »

Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 pm
fireball wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm Kirtland defense in playoffs giving up 16 a game ny defense 9 so which one is better
Kirtland can't stop NY. Too many weapons, and can run and pass equally well and speed everywhere. No way they've seen speed like what they'll get Friday. Plus everyone is picking them so they are probably sleeping on this one. If not, this will be a nightmare week of prep for them. I can see a tOSU v. Iowa outcome if they sleep all week.
WOW, that's a mighty big check your writing. Hard to believe a Kirtland team who has been to the state semi's 6 of 7 years hasn't seen "this kind of speed" before. You don't have that type of success because you overlook someone, so I wouldn't be banking on that. I will say it looks like NY has the advantage in the passing game vs Kirtland but have to be able to block up front to give him time.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

just a question...... has anyone on this site seen both kirtland and ny play this year? if not.... to me, it would be a crap shoot to say who is better then who unless you've seen both in person.

AT THE RESERVATION
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Kirtland is a very good and very physical team.
I believe the Buckeyes can and will take care of business but we aren't going to just blow by them on the scoreboard.

They are very good at stringing long drives together and eating clock.
In order for NY to come away with the win they will have to hold onto the ball, finish drives, and when they do punt they have to pin the Hornets deep.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

1987chieftains wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 pm just a question...... has anyone on this site seen both kirtland and ny play this year? if not.... to me, it would be a crap shoot to say who is better then who unless you've seen both in person.
I've seen some film. They are pretty good.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:35 pm
fireball wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm Kirtland defense in playoffs giving up 16 a game ny defense 9 so which one is better
Kirtland can't stop NY. Too many weapons, and can run and pass equally well and speed everywhere. No way they've seen speed like what they'll get Friday. Plus everyone is picking them so they are probably sleeping on this one. If not, this will be a nightmare week of prep for them. I can see a tOSU v. Iowa outcome if they sleep all week.
WOW, that's a mighty big check your writing. Hard to believe a Kirtland team who has been to the state semi's 6 of 7 years hasn't seen "this kind of speed" before. You don't have that type of success because you overlook someone, so I wouldn't be banking on that. I will say it looks like NY has the advantage in the passing game vs Kirtland but have to be able to block up front to give him time.
They were shredded for 237 in the air last week and out gained by Rootstown. Rootstown had 3 turnovers or it could have been a different outcome. Rootstown had 10 and 11 guys in the box and Kirtland still couldn't pass and didn't have a back over 100 yards. I like NY's chances.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:49 pm

They were shredded for 237 in the air last week and out gained by Rootstown. Rootstown had 3 turnovers or it could have been a different outcome. Rootstown had 10 and 11 guys in the box and Kirtland still couldn't pass and didn't have a back over 100 yards. I like NY's chances.
Well turnovers are part of the game, Kirtland is strictly a run team so putting 10-11 guys in the box isn't going to change their style. They don't rely on a single back to carry the load. I watched NY against CG and didn't come away impressed with NY ability to stop the run on a consistent basis. Kirtland weakness is their pass coverage so for that I think if NY can hit some big plays in the passing game could keep them in it, currently looking like another nice night for football. The experience of Kirtland in this situation I think prevails, will be rooting for NY but think Kirtland takes this one by a couple scores.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Well turnovers are part of the game, Kirtland is strictly a run team so putting 10-11 guys in the box isn't going to change their style. They don't rely on a single back to carry the load. I watched NY against CG and didn't come away impressed with NY ability to stop the run on a consistent basis. Kirtland weakness is their pass coverage so for that I think if NY can hit some big plays in the passing game could keep them in it, currently looking like another nice night for football. The experience of Kirtland in this situation I think prevails, will be rooting for NY but think Kirtland takes this one by a couple scores.
CG could pass, so NY couldn't sell out on the run. Kirtland completed one pass last week, and it was a trick play. They'll see 11 hungry Buckeyes this week. It will look like an Orange swarm.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:21 pm

CG could pass, so NY couldn't sell out on the run. Kirtland completed one pass last week, and it was a trick play. They'll see 11 hungry Buckeyes this week. It will look like an Orange swarm. And they will have no answer for #3 in the secondary, and on the edges. If they spread out 9 and 15 will gash them big time. NY by a few scores, maybe more.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

CG could pass, so NY couldn't sell out on the run. Kirtland completed one pass last week, and it was a trick play. They'll see 11 hungry Buckeyes this week. It will look like an Orange swarm.
So are you saying the only way they can stop the run is if they sell out?? That doesn't bode well going forward should they be so lucky. CG wasn't exactly pass happy in that game. Missed some open guys and they had couple crucial drops.

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm Well turnovers are part of the game, Kirtland is strictly a run team so putting 10-11 guys in the box isn't going to change their style. They don't rely on a single back to carry the load. I watched NY against CG and didn't come away impressed with NY ability to stop the run on a consistent basis. Kirtland weakness is their pass coverage so for that I think if NY can hit some big plays in the passing game could keep them in it, currently looking like another nice night for football. The experience of Kirtland in this situation I think prevails, will be rooting for NY but think Kirtland takes this one by a couple scores.
So are you saying the only way they can stop the run is if they sell out?? That doesn't bode well going forward should they be so lucky. CG wasn't exactly pass happy in that game. Missed some open guys and they had couple crucial drops.
Nope, that's not what I'm saying. But they can sell out this week if they want. I guess we'll see what happens, but they'll have their hands full with NY. I like NY's chances.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Worst case scenario, NY loses and ends up tied with the 1982 NY team for the second most accomplished team in the history of the storied program.

I say have a great week of practice and come Friday night, play hard, have fun, and let the chips fall where they may.

If NY does its thing and avoids costly mistakes and penalties, I think the Bucks can pull out the win and find themselves playing in Canton at the state championship the following week.

If NY loses, this team still has made its legacy known to all future generations of Buckeyes.

Win or lose, NY has a lot to be proud of with this years team!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Community pep rally on Friday, 11/24 at 1:45 at Boston Field. Student section will be marked off in the bleachers at the 50-yard line. Community members can fill in everywhere else. Field is reserved for football team, cheerleaders and the band.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Totally agree NYbuckeye96! Either way this team will always be remembered. Honest opinion on the game, I think the Bucks take this one. Kirkland looks good, very good but they are not world beaters by any means. The boys will practice this week just like any other week and show up and play buckeye football! Will represent SEO well, along with Burg this week. Go bucks!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Before I forget...

Thanksgiving practice will be from 9 to 9:45am and the Community is invited!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ny needs to spread the field make them chase the plays
Hit them with the run then go over top keep them guessing.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ki ... videos.htm

Rootstown beat everybody they played this year easy including Mogadore, East Canton and Norwayne who all had pretty good years! Rootstown outgained Kirtland 244-226 , Rootstown had 237 passing and only 7 rushing yards.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:23 am http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ki ... videos.htm

Rootstown beat everybody they played this year easy including Mogadore, East Canton and Norwayne who all had pretty good years! Rootstown outgained Kirtland 244-226 , Rootstown had 237 passing and only 7 rushing yards.
An 85 player roster. Wow! :shock: Big numbers for a small div team.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

I'm going with NY to win 27-24 and win the State next game, and going with Wheelersburg to win 35-17 then win the state as well. So then that will mean 2 of Waverly's losses will be against State Champs this year and the other 2 losses were still to undefeated teams at the time and that all 4 teams they lost to made the playoffs and won at least 1 game in the playoffs.
With that being said GO BUCKS AND PIRATES!!!!!

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

To be blunt, Rootstown was considered to be the favorite by most up here over Kirtland. They smashed very strong programs and made it look easy. Loaded with talent headed to college programs, they got manhandled by Kirtland. We will talk after this game with NY is over. lol

Have gun, will travel
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Nelsonville-York 2017 Football (13-0)

8/26 A Trimble (9-3) [7:27] W 21-0
9/2 A Newark Catholic (3-7) [6:23] W 21-14
9/8 H Minford (4-6) [5:19] W 50-33
9/15 H River Valley (3-7) [5:19] W 49-7
9/22 H Waverly (7-4) [4:16] W 38-13
9/29 A Meigs (4-6) [4:15] W 49-14