Waterboy

Re: Middletown Madison vs. Wheelersburg DV State Semi-Final

Post by S281 »

Just couldn’t throw at all

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

callie15 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am All year I thought the Burg offense was outstanding but tonight they had almost no answer for Madisom's def no doubt about it . I'm wondering about next week our passing game really fell apart. Holden made a real good catch on the long ball because he was well covered , he was just taller.
That’s the way it’s going to be in the final two games.. I thought burg called a great offensive game. Holden had a lot of room on those drops. Running is going to be tough sledding this deep so you take what you can, play field position and win with defense

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

That side line pass to the right did not work all night.

I really thought we would see some middle screens and or draw plays up the middle.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Madison is a very very good team!
That was a well deserved win!
This is one of thoae games you could look back and say
it was earned! No cupcake path.

Madison gets a pass game next season and they could be very dangerous!

#GoBurg #ReachHigher
Last edited by Neutron Man on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Wburgfan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 pm Hats off to Madison. Great football team.

This game was all about field position. Neither teams defense was budging. Madison controlled the first half and definitely proved it was going to be a dog fight. Looked like Wheelersburg just wore them down as this 4-5 yard runs Madison was getting in the first half turned into negative yardage towards the end of the game.

Congrats to Burg. Can’t be any happier for the coaches. T
I missed ur post. Spot on!! Burg showed their depth on dline in second half, wow

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:08 am
Wburgfan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 pm Hats off to Madison. Great football team.

This game was all about field position. Neither teams defense was budging. Madison controlled the first half and definitely proved it was going to be a dog fight. Looked like Wheelersburg just wore them down as this 4-5 yard runs Madison was getting in the first half turned into negative yardage towards the end of the game.

Congrats to Burg. Can’t be any happier for the coaches. T
I missed ur post. Spot on!! Burg showed their depth on dline in second half, wow

I’m not sure Burg subbed much tonight on defense on third down because most teams throw the ball n 3rd down. Not Madison so Burg left the big boys out there. Not sure if Parsley or Hall came off the field tonight on defense.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

S281 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 am
BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 pm Madison was the real deal!!!
I tried telling you guys there is no way a running clock was going to happen. Turnovers and penalties killed us. You guys are definitely a more complete team. Great game and good luck! You always got to cheer for the guy that beats you.
Your front 4 is a college caliber d line! WOW! They came after our qb in the backfield ALL game long! You have an exceptional football team
Last edited by #ReachHigher on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

S281 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:42 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm Watching Madison try and pass was painful.
Amen! All year. #7 was our running Qb. We brought in #9 at the end. Much better arm, but we don’t practice throwing hardly at all. Our “O” line and “D” line just man handled the other team and we imposed our will.
No doubts here on the d line part. Those guys are NASTY!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Yabba, #79 and I’m pretty sure our dline was 53, 52, 79 and 71 most second half but I’m sure I’m wrong. I couldn’t find a good vantage point lol. That would give 63 and 74 much rest for oline. Maybe 63 was in but like I said, wasn’t in the stands, was running underneath the bleachers whole 2nd half for field position!
Btw yabba, there wasn’t many third down subs in 3rd and 4th qtr that I saw. Seems like we were getting into the backfield without much problem.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

#ReachHigher wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:34 am
S281 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:42 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:10 pm Watching Madison try and pass was painful.
Amen! All year. #7 was our running Qb. We brought in #9 at the end. Much better arm, but we don’t practice throwing hardly at all. Our “O” line and “D” line just man handled the other team and we imposed our will.
No doubts here on the d line part. Those guys are NASTY!
Film I was able to watch before the game, #36 was a monster and he showed it tonite.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Defensively Madisons #30 was the best d lineman I have seen in a long time he was in on every tackle wow he was good

Burg grad 85
#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:55 am Defensively Madisons #30 was the best d lineman I have seen in a long time he was in on every tackle wow he was good
I think that is one of the best, if not the best, d line I’ve ever seen!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 am Yabba, #79 and I’m pretty sure our dline was 53, 52, 79 and 71 most second half but I’m sure I’m wrong. I couldn’t find a good vantage point lol. That would give 63 and 74 much rest for oline. Maybe 63 was in but like I said, wasn’t in the stands, was running underneath the bleachers whole 2nd half for field position!
Btw yabba, there wasn’t many third down subs in 3rd and 4th qtr that I saw. Seems like we were getting into the backfield without much problem.
I think 63 changed jerseys to 79 in the second half
#9 saw some time

S281
Waterboy

Post by S281 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:45 pm Congrats to the Pirates. Madison was definitely the real deal. Burg just wore them out the second half, Madison played with a lot of heart though. It's really surprising this is their first year making the playoffs. I was sitting by a coach from a team in Madison's league. He told me they will be better next year.
Your depth wore us down. We are very well conditioned. WE were used to wearing a team down. Hitting them till they didn’t want to be hit anymore. We looked tired in the 4th last night. Your D is for real. The players we had going both ways were beat up. Final tally. Madison 122 rush, 4 pass yards. Burg 54 rush, 128 pass. Halftime Madison 87 rush, 0 pass. Burg -3 rush, 57 pass. Proof that if it was a 24 minute game, we win, 36 we win, 48 and your depth wins. Well done. Go get a title and beat Eastwood!!! Lean on that D!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

How many illegal procedure did Madison have tonight? It really kept them behind the chains when every yard is valuable with how both defenses played. It looked like the last second Burg line shifts were getting them to move. What a game, total war in the trenches. Wow what a battle. Canton here we come.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

4thgoal wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am Great job by the Pirates! What was up with the clock operator? No issues to speak of the past 2 weeks, but he must have been Black Friday shopping on his phone tonight!
Between the clock operator (poor guy, got called out over the PA buy the ref) and the officials both teams had a difficult time finding a rhythm. Officials kept slowing them down until the third quarter for the burg when the back judge started signaling the head official to speed it up with the winding of the finger. Seen him do that several times tell the head official that when we were in the hurry up offense. Go Burg!!!
Last edited by Burgball#1 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Is there a link to any news papers articles on this one?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:18 am
seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:38 am Yabba, #79 and I’m pretty sure our dline was 53, 52, 79 and 71 most second half but I’m sure I’m wrong. I couldn’t find a good vantage point lol. That would give 63 and 74 much rest for oline. Maybe 63 was in but like I said, wasn’t in the stands, was running underneath the bleachers whole 2nd half for field position!
I think 63 changed jerseys to 79 in the second half
#9 saw some time
You’re right about that. Parsley must have had his jersey rip pretty bad.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Abe Froman wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:18 am How many illegal procedure did Madison have tonight? It really kept them behind the chains when every yard is valuable with how both defenses played. It looked like the last second Burg line shifts were getting them to move. What a game, total war in the trenches. Wow what a battle. Canton here we come.
Believe radio said 23 total penalties and 12/13 of them were false start/illegal procedure. Sounded like a heck of a game playing a team with that type of defense can only help Burg going into next week. Tons of pressure applied by Madison.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

I don’t think their backs had been hit like that all year long. 26 took a few licks and by the second half he looked like he want no part of what the Pirate defense was bringing.

Return to “Football”