Should they eliminate JH Football????

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Should they eliminate JH Football????

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the more I think about this the more absurd it sounds to me. sorry I just had to say that. nothing against the person starting the topic or anything.but just hard to believe it could be a legitimate possible issue.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:50 am
comebacker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:12 am Belpre and Federal Hocking don't even have teams. Southern barely has one. I think it's about time for it to die
Suthern is a wanna be basketball school, and I explained above why Belpre and FH are struggling. It goes in trends. Back when Suthern had all those red shirts in JH they had plenty of players cause they were winning.
exactly

IF YOU DON'T WRASTLE, YOU AIN'T WORTH THE HASSLE
farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm
comebacker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm
Baldeagle wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am lets just cancel football. thats what our liberal media wants.
There is an all out attack on the sport. I hate to see it happen but IMO the liberals are winning and eventually small school DIV 6 & 7 football will start to die be of low numbers like belpre fed hock and southern are now
Wow this post is stupid. You are a dumb ass.
why are you saying curse words???????

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Bait the problem is real in the Hocking.

Belpre didn't field a team and Fed, Southern, Wahama, and Miller had really low numbers. Southern only had 11 kids, Miller 13, and Wahama cancelled a game with us because they didn't have enough kids to play.

I don't know about South Gallia.

I can tell you this---people don't laugh anymore when the topic of 8 man football comes up.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

fortdawg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:36 pm Bait the problem is real in the Hocking.

Belpre didn't field a team and Fed, Southern, Wahama, and Miller had really low numbers. Southern only had 11 kids, Miller 13, and Wahama cancelled a game with us because they didn't have enough kids to play.

I can tell you this---people don't laugh anymore when the topic of 8 man football comes up.
Everyone laughs except FH. They haven't won a game in 3 years. I told you why those other schools are struggling except Wahama and Miller. But Wahama has had low numbers before, and Miller cancels Jr High games a lot, especially when they have to go to Eastern or Southern. It goes in trends. The only thing making it different now is people like you crying the blues. My guess is you are from one of the above mentioned schools and want either soccer, or some other sport to prosper. There are record numbers in the youth leagues, so those mentioned Jr high teams will grow soon, unless they listen to nay sayers like you trying to promote soccer, or what ever.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fortdawg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:36 pm Bait the problem is real in the Hocking.

dawg, I totally understand in the smaller schools like this. I just watched a special on espn the other day about 6 man football. I'd heard of 8 man before but never 6. if the conversation is about burnout, I'm not a fan. if it is about sheer numbers I totally understand the concern.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner »

It seems like the more important question is why the numbers are down for sports in general. I think I heard Trimble only had enough for an 8th grade team for boys basketball and there are only 7 girls on varsity. There were barely enough girls to make a JV volleyball team this past season. Those are just some examples I have seen recently. Where are all of the kids?

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

need to elminate soccer golf and crosscounty

only then does football in this area reach the pinnicle of sucess like pulling off a top to bottom pull in jenga

football teaches grit determenation and love we must keep it at all levels and ignore the fakenews of concusions

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:58 pm need to elminate soccer golf and crosscounty

only then does football in this area reach the pinnicle of sucess like pulling off a top to bottom pull in jenga

football teaches grit determenation and love we must keep it at all levels and ignore the fakenews of concusions
Agree

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

moonshine wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:39 am
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am It's all BS. Eastern has a really good JH program. Belpre's numbers are down in every sport. It's a dying community more than it is anything else. FH hasn't won a game in what, 3 years. No wonder their numbers are down. And it is a liberal thing. They love soccer, and want to get rid of our game to replace it with that one.
Soccer is one of the problems with Logan's Football program, Taking away some skilled position kids on the varsity level! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nelsonville-York does not have soccer and they made the playoffs!

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by seopcommenter »

as far as i no logan aint ever made the playoff s sense they had soccer

they obviously didnt have soccer befour 2010

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I missed some of the discussion, I thought it was mostly about starting football later due to burnout of the kids. missed the part about not having the athletes so much.

dragonalum
Riding the Bench

Post by dragonalum »

My cousin teaches in Texas (north of Denton), he was talking about how some of the smaller school districts there will have 6-man football at the junior high level, and even high school level. UIL even has a 6-man football state playoff for high schools. I think this would be something interesting to bring to Ohio, especially in the more rural communities where you have 16 or fewer athletes coming out for football.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm as far as i no logan aint ever made the playoff s sense they had soccer

Logan did have soccer before 2010

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
seopcommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by seopcommenter »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm
seopcommenter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm as far as i no logan aint ever made the playoff s sense they had soccer

Logan did have soccer before 2010
oh you would have thought they didnt since logan posters seem to think that soccer is the downfall of logan football hmmm

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

farmer8 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 am
comebacker wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

There is an all out attack on the sport. I hate to see it happen but IMO the liberals are winning and eventually small school DIV 6 & 7 football will start to die be of low numbers like belpre fed hock and southern are now
Why aren't you stating why you started this topic or at least add something to it and avoiding my question?? You start a topic with THOUGHTS??? and go on to not even add, who, what, why, where and your own opinion.

comebacker
Riding the Bench

Post by comebacker »

greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Why aren't you stating why you started this topic or at least add something to it and avoiding my question?? You start a topic with THOUGHTS??? and go on to not even add, who, what, why, where and your own opinion.
Backoff man. We're all just here because we enjoy discussing this stuff and seeing what others have to say. Don't ruin this for everyone else

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

comebacker wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:42 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Backoff man. We're all just here because we enjoy discussing this stuff and seeing what others have to say. Don't ruin this for everyone else
It's ok man, I can ask what a persons thoughts are on a subject they posted. Curious if a school is trying to do away with JH football. Especially given you haven't offered anything to the subject. :roll: Didn't realize that someone can ask everyone's thoughts on a subject but provide no insight and if asking what they're insight on it is a problem then by all means don't click the subject.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

If you ask me this thread was started and being continued by a bunch of commie kickball lovers. No good American in their right mind would want this. This is worse than kneeling during the National Anthem. That said, CB seems like a douchebag to me.

Tcat1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tcat1 »

Trimble had to pick up multiple games this year because of mid season in the league cancellations. The Hocking Division Jr. High competition level is very sad. With that said, time will take care of this issue. Kids will eventually come through and even out the competition. Never give up on football! Too many life lessons that kids carry on forever.

Return to “Football”