2018 Ironton Head football coach

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well I lost that bet.
I hope ironton has a wonderful 2018 and rebounds nicely.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am What has happened is the coaches tried to please a few kids with a new offense and the lack discipline has caught up with them. You have divided locker room which leads to an out of control program. I have watched the off season conditioning program and I could find a bunch of old men that could left harder. Bottom line change must come and quickly.
What few kids has the program changed for? You bring this up quite often. If you are going to have enough guts to bring up kids, have enough guts to say what kids you are speaking about. We heard for years that Ironton needs to change with the times. So that’s what the coaching staff did and now people are complaining about the change. People like you just like to sit back and complain about everything. People like you love to go to board meetings and complain about everything to do with sports and say nothing about the educational system.

letsgo
Waterboy

Post by letsgo »

If any changes were going to be made, it would've happened already.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Game day wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:05 am What has happened is the coaches tried to please a few kids with a new offense and the lack discipline has caught up with them. You have divided locker room which leads to an out of control program. I have watched the off season conditioning program and I could find a bunch of old men that could left harder. Bottom line change must come and quickly.
What few kids has the program changed for? You bring this up quite often. If you are going to have enough guts to bring up kids, have enough guts to say what kids you are speaking about. We heard for years that Ironton needs to change with the times. So that’s what the coaching staff did and now people are complaining about the change. People like you just like to sit back and complain about everything. People like you love to go to board meetings and complain about everything to do with sports and say nothing about the educational system.
First off you are not allowed to bring kids names up on this site second, do you actual think just the offense is the problem then you have your head in the sand or somewhere else.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:31 pm
Kleao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm
First off you are not allowed to bring kids names up on this site second, do you actual think just the offense is the problem then you have your head in the sand or somewhere else.
You are the one that brought up offense and a few kids. I would imagine anyone with a brain knows who you are speaking about. My point was you bring this up often you may as well say the names because I’m sure the young man knows he’s the one you are speaking of. Keep building up the confidence for these boy🙄

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

That is the coaches job and he has failed at that also.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Sadly it won’t matter who gets the job. They will want him out in no time. Unfortunately what were two great jobs have become jobs that are nearly impossible to fill and keep....
Ironton and Portsmouth. Good luck.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

programs such as Ironton demand success and those that truly know the game of football understand that this does not happen overnight in a RE-BUILD ERA but at a program such as history filled as Ironton's program is overnight success is not the unthinkable. the ingredients for success lay in place but you have to let someone come in and establish what is and how it is going to be. the community support is there so even if you do not totally agree with 100% of what is taking place, FANS GO SUPPORT your fighting tigers win loose or draw being there for the kids goes along ways, positive attitude, hard work, determination and never give up attitude is highly contagious and when it is seen day in and day out from January-December from EVERYONE top to bottom in the program all of a sudden 6-4 just went to 8-2. school board, administrators, coaches, players, boosters, and fan community support come together as a TEAM and when the fighting tigers have that again, I pity the teams that knocked them while they were done......cause they wont be there forever

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm programs such as Ironton demand success and those that truly know the game of football understand that this does not happen overnight in a RE-BUILD ERA but at a program such as history filled as Ironton's program is overnight success is not the unthinkable. thei ingredients for success lay in place but you have to let someone come in and establish what is and how it is going to be. the community support is there so even if you do not totally agree with 100% of what is taking place, FANS GO SUPPORT your fighting tigers win loose or draw being there for the kids goes along ways, positive attitude, hard work, determination and never give up attitude is highly contagious and when it is seen day in and day out from January-December from EVERYONE top to bottom in the program all of a sudden 6-4 just went to 8-2. school board, administrators, coaches, players, boosters, and fan community support come together as a TEAM and when the fighting tigers have that again, I pity the teams that knocked them while they were done......cause they wont be there forever
Very well said but this staff has had about 7 years to put something together and every year it gets worse. I still believe they should look at the entire athletic programs in general.

Kleao
Freshman Team

Post by Kleao »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 pm That is the coaches job and he has failed at that also.
Oh I’m sorry. I thought it was a community. So I guess it’s the coaches job to build these boys up and people like you to tear them down! Thanks for setting me straight!

Kids come First
Waterboy

Post by Kids come First »

It’s time for a change at Ironton at many positions especially head football coach. South point just made a hire of someone with no ties from there and it’s time Ironton does the same. Wheelersburg has done same thing in football, basketball, and baseball by hiring head coaches with no ties and it seems to working really well for them. Ironton school board will either not post position or wait till May when everyone else has been hired,therefore, the kids and community will be stuck with the same crap! Thee school board has not even posted superintendent’s position.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Over the past 3 months I have went to several schools and observed their off season weight lifting programs.

The Schools I visited:
- Wheelersburg
- Ironton
-Coal Grove
-Rock Hill
- Portsmouth West

After seeing the conditioning programs in the off season I would rank Ironton at the bottom of the list. I am not even sure that the kids even put in an effort that is required to be a top notch football team. Wheelersburg by far had more kids and the energy level was very intense. Rock Hill has trainer and they now have 8 period weight lifting. Works outs are at high level and kids are pushing themselves with the help of the coach and the trainer. Portsmouth West has one of their former football players working with them from Michigan State. I believe this young man remembers how hard the weight training was when Triplett was there and is real pushing the kids hard.

All in all the Ironton program needs someone to get these kids moving in the right direction. At the end of 8 period I believe 90 percent them run out the door having maybe lifted a total of 20 minutes.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Basketball:30 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:47 pm So is Vass for sure done?
if so, did he resign? Or officially let-go?
??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm programs such as Ironton demand success and those that truly know the game of football understand that this does not happen overnight in a RE-BUILD ERA but at a program such as history filled as Ironton's program is overnight success is not the unthinkable. the ingredients for success lay in place but you have to let someone come in and establish what is and how it is going to be. the community support is there so even if you do not totally agree with 100% of what is taking place, FANS GO SUPPORT your fighting tigers win loose or draw being there for the kids goes along ways, positive attitude, hard work, determination and never give up attitude is highly contagious and when it is seen day in and day out from January-December from EVERYONE top to bottom in the program all of a sudden 6-4 just went to 8-2. school board, administrators, coaches, players, boosters, and fan community support come together as a TEAM and when the fighting tigers have that again, I pity the teams that knocked them while they were done......cause they wont be there forever
that's a great post.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

coach knows wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 am Over the past 3 months I have went to several schools and observed their off season weight lifting programs.

The Schools I visited:
- Wheelersburg
- Ironton
-Coal Grove
-Rock Hill
- Portsmouth West

After seeing the conditioning programs in the off season I would rank Ironton at the bottom of the list. I am not even sure that the kids even put in an effort that is required to be a top notch football team. Wheelersburg by far had more kids and the energy level was very intense. Rock Hill has trainer and they now have 8 period weight lifting. Works outs are at high level and kids are pushing themselves with the help of the coach and the trainer. Portsmouth West has one of their former football players working with them from Michigan State. I believe this young man remembers how hard the weight training was when Triplett was there and is real pushing the kids hard.

All in all the Ironton program needs someone to get these kids moving in the right direction. At the end of 8 period I believe 90 percent them run out the door having maybe lifted a total of 20 minutes.
Curious what you do that gives you access to all these programs ?

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I have coached in the past and have built good relationships with other coaches and schools. I have also helped some of these coaches when they asked for help or references.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Oak wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am
coach knows wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 am Over the past 3 months I have went to several schools and observed their off season weight lifting programs.

The Schools I visited:
- Wheelersburg
- Ironton
-Coal Grove
-Rock Hill
- Portsmouth West

Curious what you do that gives you access to all these programs ?
He disguises himself as a water cooler. 😂 😂

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

lol

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

What does the schedule look like for this year?

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Game day wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:57 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm programs such as Ironton demand success and those that truly know the game of football understand that this does not happen overnight in a RE-BUILD ERA but at a program such as history filled as Ironton's program is overnight success is not the unthinkable. thei ingredients for success lay in place but you have to let someone come in and establish what is and how it is going to be. the community support is there so even if you do not totally agree with 100% of what is taking place, FANS GO SUPPORT your fighting tigers win loose or draw being there for the kids goes along ways, positive attitude, hard work, determination and never give up attitude is highly contagious and when it is seen day in and day out from January-December from EVERYONE top to bottom in the program all of a sudden 6-4 just went to 8-2. school board, administrators, coaches, players, boosters, and fan community support come together as a TEAM and when the fighting tigers have that again, I pity the teams that knocked them while they were done......cause they wont be there forever
Very well said but this staff has had about 7 years to put something together and every year it gets worse. I still believe they should look at the entire athletic programs in general.
Exactly! 7 years! And people come on here and act like this crew hasn't been given enough time. If you can't figure things out after 7 years, it's probably never going to happen.

Return to “Football”