2018 Ironton Head football coach

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I never saw the part about hating vass, I am no party to that. or supportive of it. I definitely think it's time for a change. but coach vass is a great guy, as well as others on the staff. but ole bait ain't got no hate in him for anybody. just wanted to clarify that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

My sources say Coach Triplett does want to come back and coach if Pendelton were to get the job. I’m also hearing other Ironton names interested in helping him. Surprised Coach Triplett would want to come back after the way he was treated trying to follow the footsteps of a legend. He must believe in Pendleton. I know Pendleton played for him and all but I just don’t believe coach would come back just to coach. My source has said Pendelton has a lot of outsiders willing to come on board and coach as well with a lot of experience. It will be interesting how this plays out. It’s almost like does Ironton go with status quo with head coaching experience or do they take a chance on a young energetic unproven coach looking for their chance.
Last edited by TOUGH on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

How many paid assistants does the school allow?

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I'd say as many as they have shirts and khakis for. Just kidding.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TOUGH wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 pm My sources say Coach Triplett does want to come back and coach if Pendelton were to get the job. I’m also hearing other Ironton names interested in helping him. Surprised Coach Triplett would want to come back after the way he was treated trying to follow the footsteps of a legend. He must believe in Pendleton. I know Pendleton played for him and all but I just don’t believe coach would come back just to coach. My source has said Pendelton has a lot of outsiders willing to come on board and coach as well with a lot of experience. It will be interesting how this plays out. It’s almost like does Ironton go with status quo with head coaching experience or do they take a chance on a young energetic unproven coach looking for their chance.
this sounds very exciting to me.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Pendleton would be a homerun hire and if they could bring Triplett in with him then it's a grand slam. The real question is, if both of those two are indeed actually interested.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
ClubSandwhich
Waterboy

Post by ClubSandwhich »

This is not the place for someone with zero head coaching experience to come in and learn on the fly! Have we fallen off so far that we are the starting point for new coaches? This should be a job for an established coach that has the experience to organize a program.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Big part of the issue of getting a head coach with experience is there was no teachers position open.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

Pendleton doesn't need a teaching position nor does Triplett. Annother plus for this option.

Gone Country
Waterboy

Post by Gone Country »

Lots of posters, in the knowsters, go on about how Triplett " was treated at Ironton" . Who has heard him complain? Not hearsay but first hand?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 am Pendleton would be a homerun hire and if they could bring Triplett in with him then it's a grand slam. The real question is, if both of those two are indeed actually interested.
I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS IS IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSPIRING.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Gone Country wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:55 am Lots of posters, in the knowsters, go on about how Triplett " was treated at Ironton" . Who has heard him complain? Not hearsay but first hand?
he was treated very poorly and handled it with the utmost dignity. and was very respectful and honorable. who would not want him back.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Has your BOE terminated VASS? If not he will be rehired!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Did not renew his contract and was told they are going to interview internally and externally.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

moonshine wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:08 am Has your BOE terminated VASS? If not he will be rehired!
That is correct. I have said this in an earlier post that Ironton needs to fire him or they will have problems.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

ClubSandwhich wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:10 am This is not the place for someone with zero head coaching experience to come in and learn on the fly! Have we fallen off so far that we are the starting point for new coaches? This should be a job for an established coach that has the experience to organize a program.
This seemed to workout well for the 2017 OVC champs. Evan Ferguson took Coal Grove deep into the playoffs in his first year and btw handled Lawrence Counties premiere football academy. I don’t think you guys have noticed but there’s a youth movement going on in the coaching ranks and these decisions are paying great dividends. Ex. Coal Grove- first year head coach. Wheelersburg- Rob Woodward wasn’t a head coach and was fairly young when he was hired. West- Johnson was a young guy and I don’t think had ever been a head coach. The game is changing. The concepts these younger coaches are learning is the new age. These coaches are up to date with the evolving social media age and recruiting and technology. Successful progrgrams now days need high energy guys at the helm. Kids today aren’t the same as they were when us old timers came thru. It’s just a different era.

farmer8
Riding the Bench

Post by farmer8 »

whoever the coach is he will take a definite butthole licking from the parents so he better be ready!!!

WHOS YOUR FARMER?????
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 am Pendleton would be a homerun hire and if they could bring Triplett in with him then it's a grand slam. The real question is, if both of those two are indeed actually interested.
That is a really good question. Just because someone applied for the job doesn't mean they really want it. There is another job here in Scioto county that he wants.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:45 pm
That is a really good question. Just because someone applied for the job doesn't mean they really want it. There is another job here in Scioto county that he wants.

If your ensinuationg West. I think Pendleton knows Ironton is a better job than West. That doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out. Not many schools in Southern Ohio has a name as well known as Ironton around the state. It’s still a top tier job and with the right coach they will get back to their winning ways. Hearing Pendleton is bringing quite a bit of head coaching experience with him on his staff if he is selected. I’m hearing names of 3 or 4 coaches who have head coaching experience.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Most people want too coach their high school, so Pendleton went too
West so it's probably is dream is too coach there.

Return to “Football”