2018 Ironton Head football coach

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Mavrick2016 »

79Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:32 pm Wouldn't be surprised at all to find, after all this time and speculation, that Vass is re-hired and nothing changes.
If Vass is rehired, he will have a new staff with him, that will make them a lot better.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

He would have to have an ENTIRE new staff with NO holdovers. If he attempts to keep 1 old assistant, get rid of him.

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

My choice is for Pendleton, Hard hitting running back and linebacker, He will instill into the program what has been missing for a few years.I think he will bring some good coaches with him, If things stay the same it will year 4 without me going to a tiger game. Pendleton can bring us up a notch. Hope the board gets it right and gives him a chance. He will bring fans back to the seats

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Kleao wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:18 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:51 pm
eagle one wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 am

heard from a very good source that pendelton would not be a great hire that he is a little bit of a know it all and a little bit cocky
Mark Dantonio says Pendelton is one of the smartest kids he’s ever coached and he knows football. Hard to believe you wouldn’t agree with that considering he is probably the best choice for the job. He did play for a big Power 5 program.
So have 3 of the new staff that Coach Vass is bringing on. All 3 division one schools.
Why would a new staff change anything he is the problem bottom line! He needs to go find another place to coach he had his chances.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Gator B Long wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:38 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 am
Tartanblue wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 pm Is it safe to say yet, that this whole situation could have put Ironton into the era of being a mediocre team who lives on their successes from an era of which they were considered the cream of the crop in southern Ohio. The longer this goes the more it could hurt the program, especially with schools like Coal Grove and Oak Hill impressing more people now and Rock Hill having Lutz son as their head coach looking to turn that program straight again, the longer this takes Ironton could see kids head there or Burg.
hey ole blue. mark ''hammer'' lutz is bob Lutz's nephew not his son. but been coaching since high school. so he has the experience, plus he played for coach klutz.
Wow! YTB calling Bob Lutz a "klutz"-Freudian slip? :lol:
I corrected that. must have hit between the keys and not realized it. that was absolutely not intentional.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

It is time for change! If Vass current staff and family are leaving for other jobs should that not say something itself. There is no one inside the four walls of Ironton city schools that should even be considered for the job. The interview process is a joke with former staff interviewing candidates. He is also part of the problem he needs to get out of the middle of this whole process because he hold grudges with others trying to get the position of HC. If the board does not do their job this time they will be back at it in 2 years looking again.

If I was grading this HC here is what he would get:
- Regular season Friday night = D
- Special Teams = C because of the kicker other wise D
- Discipline during the season = F
- Placing kids in the right position and playing kids that have worked hard for a starting role = D-
- Getting 7 on 7 setup during the spring = D
- Putting a staff together = D
- Off season conditioning program = F

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

You can't have off season conditioning program, without a coach.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

We have not had one since Vass took over the program. Also keep in mind this is an 8th period class he is in charge of daily. Where the kid do nothing half the time just like the coach.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

They working out in 8th period, and they never had a outside visitor come to the class, like you said do did.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

When is the April board meeting

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

any time frame involved yet as to a hire date.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

4th and iches wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 am When is the April board meeting
I think there is one tonight but I believe that is about the Super.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sounds to me the more I read these posts and others that the guidance of the school and the athletics in regards to football and many are now saying basketball now. sounds to me like every one involved needs replaced at this point. let's be honest I haven't lived back that way for 8 years now.and know none of the players. but they are replacing the super, hiring a new football coach/staff, and apparently many are displeased a great deal by the ad/basketball coach/basketball program. it sounds to me like they are doing a complete reboot. but it makes no sense to me as to who is involved in the football coach hiring process.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

School site say's the next BOE meeting is April 16th.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Sounds to me like somebody is afraid to actually make the final decision . Might be the school board that needs revamping.

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that may well be the case also waterboy.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I'm not confident in this process at all. I hope I am proven wrong.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
gonefishin
Waterboy

Post by gonefishin »

Gee whiz, can a decision be made before spring ball?

donaldtrump
Freshman Team

Post by donaldtrump »

It's final!!!!!!! Board has decided!!!!!!! Yours truly Me, Donald Trump flew into Lawrence County early this Morning and helped the Board come to a final decision on who they would hire!!!
KIM JUNG UN will officially be announced as the Fighting Tigers new Head Coach at the next Board meeting!!!!
Mr. Kim Jung UN promised there would be "NO Disciplinary Problems

Rumor has it Mr. Kim Jung has picked the great Grandson of Mao Zedong to be Offensive coordinator!!!!
Great nephew of Idi Amin to be Defensive Coach and Head trainer will be 1st cousin of Jeffrey Dahmer!!! Hannibal Dahmer!!!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I wonder if they voted on a new Super last night or Monday?

Return to “Football”