2018 Ironton Head football coach

Game day
All State

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by Game day »

I agree with that but kids are not coming to Ironton anymore because of the staff. And talent might be better but when you do nothing all winter and you are poorly coached a lot of talent goes to waste.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Game day wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am I agree with that but kids are not coming to Ironton anymore because of the staff. And talent might be better but when you do nothing all winter and you are poorly coached a lot of talent goes to waste.
I agree, we didn’t make the best use of our talent last year. The backfield should have been loaded last year and we decide to go to the Spread and it turned the running game into nothing. The kids were put in a no win situation with the play calling.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

So did Ironton actually lose 3 kids to transfer thus far? Or is that just a rumor?

Who went where? Please don't post anything if it's "well he said he's going to go here" or blah blah, what kids have actually left and enrolled elsewhere?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Taking this long to make what on the outside appears to be a very basic simple decision to change directions and go a different way very well could be the reasons for some of the transfers - if indeed there have been any.

What is not known now that wasn't known after Week 10?

irontonguy2018
Waterboy

Post by irontonguy2018 »

So. Who thinks they'll hire a coach Monday. At the board meeting.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Luke Salmons, Trevon Pendleton, Fred Ray....Maybe in that order.

https://www.midlandfootball.com/page/sh ... ke-salmons

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Maybe they pull up a pee wee coach that thinks he knows all the answers

TanksAllTimeGreat
Waterboy

Post by TanksAllTimeGreat »

Take it for what its worth, but I was told today by someone close to the Cabell Midland program, that Luke Salmons is being courted to be the next coach of the Tigers. I live in the Barboursville area now and have got to watch his teams a ton.

I hope this is true! Fresh blood from the outside who doesn't play the last name favorites. He doesn't care who you are or what your last name is. If you can play, you will play. You want someone who will motivate the kids and the fan base to get on board? He gets 100% attendance to an off season strength and conditioning program that rivals most small colleges. If you want a quick turn around, I would have to believe he's your guy. Just look what he did at Lawrence County and Cabell Midland. If he does in fact get the nod, get ready for multiple 1,000 yard running backs and teams that will contend for championships every year.

Jukeboxer
Waterboy

Post by Jukeboxer »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:42 pm Luke Salmons, Trevon Pendleton, Fred Ray....Maybe in that order.

Some "fresh" names, indeed. I've heard a lot of complaints about who is doing the interviewing. But again, I ask, if NOT the AD, then who "should" be doing the interviewing??

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TanksAllTimeGreat wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:02 pm Take it for what its worth, but I was told today by someone close to the Cabell Midland program, that Luke Salmons is being courted to be the next coach of the Tigers. I live in the Barboursville area now and have got to watch his teams a ton.

I hope this is true! Fresh blood from the outside who doesn't play the last name favorites. He doesn't care who you are or what your last name is. If you can play, you will play. You want someone who will motivate the kids and the fan base to get on board? He gets 100% attendance to an off season strength and conditioning program that rivals most small colleges. If you want a quick turn around, I would have to believe he's your guy. Just look what he did at Lawrence County and Cabell Midland. If he does in fact get the nod, get ready for multiple 1,000 yard running backs and teams that will contend for championships every year.
Not sure why he would leave current job for ironton. Roots in WV, competing for state titles, already has a good thing going, much bigger school.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Interesting
Last edited by Game day on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:42 pm Luke Salmons, Trevon Pendleton, Fred Ray....Maybe in that order.

My vote is for Pendleton someone from the outside bringing a staff that has Ironton ties and these ties have coached high school football at other schools. Solid Coach with a great supporting cast. He loves football and will bring 24/7 work habits.

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

TanksAllTimeGreat wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:02 pm Take it for what its worth, but I was told today by someone close to the Cabell Midland program, that Luke Salmons is being courted to be the next coach of the Tigers. I live in the Barboursville area now and have got to watch his teams a ton.

You joined this forum yesterday to push a coach from West Virginia. Strange say the least.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

where is this coach coaching now.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 am where is this coach coaching now.
Cabell Midland.

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Luke Salmons is known to have left more than one school at the alter. FYI, he has interviewed for other jobs while at Midland in the past, including another school other than Ironton this year, and once receiving an offer, turned them down.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

I’ve said this before. Why would a coach leave one of the biggest schools in wv with 70-80 players to choose from to come to Div V Ironton with a lot smaller roster, to coach in the OVC???

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 am Luke Salmons is known to have left more than one school at the alter. FYI, he has interviewed for other jobs while at Midland in the past, including another school other than Ironton this year, and once receiving an offer, turned them down.
Thanks I heard something similar but I was hoping someone else would bring this up besides myself.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

coach knows wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:02 am
Buramgerdin wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 am Luke Salmons is known to have left more than one school at the alter. FYI, he has interviewed for other jobs while at Midland in the past, including another school other than Ironton this year, and once receiving an offer, turned them down.
Thanks I heard something similar but I was hoping someone else would bring this up besides myself.
Sounds like he uses interviews as leverage against CM. I'd steer clear of someone like that. Not saying he wouldn't be good for Ironton but would he even come here if offered?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

You want to hear something funny? The Reds mercy ruled the Tigers on opening day at little league Saturday. The Tigers coach,Mark Vass.

Return to “Football”