2018 Ironton Head football coach

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton Head football coach

Post by TOUGH »

Buramgerdin wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:01 am [quote="4th and iches" post_id=<a href="tel:1661570">1661570</a> time=<a href="tel:1524395625">1524395625</a> user_id=14062]
Lafon was asked by a local sports editor if Pendleton was offered the job he said no
That was Snyder from the Independent, and that was over 24 hours ago.

Have I been wrong one single time in this thread?

Pendleton had a meeting with the powers that be yesterday, has been offered the job, but I do not know if he accepted or declined yet.
[/quote]

That’s exactly what I was told as well and confirmed he accepted the job. I was also told the deal would have been done days ago but Lafon didn’t want to hire him but everyone else did. So there were many meetings and discussions and finally they pulled the trigger.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

If all of that is true the kid must really want the job to be 4th choice and the AD not want to hire you and still take the job . He better watch his back lefon is a snake in the grass

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I don’t think he was 4th option.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

It's to the point in this process where one can't believe anything. It's been botched beyond belief. Regardless of who is hired or when, there will be a long recovery process.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Remember Bob Lutz wasn’t the first choice when he got hired as well. He was also young when he was hired and was also hired late in the year. Not saying this is going to turn out the same way but it’s eerily similar.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

I think you took me wrong I wasn’t bashing him for being 4th choice just saying he must really want this job

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

No I understand what you’re saying. I think he must know he’s young and unproven and just wants a chance. After reading articles and talking to people, he seems like a very selfless person that doesn’t have an ego like some would think after accomplishing what he’s accomplished. People like him seem to flourish and believe in there abilities even when others don’t. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Ironton turns into a power again.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Ironton football will be back with Pendletons leadership.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Good luck to him he’s gonna need it , a lot of things stacked against him right now, I know we’ve lost a few kids and I’m hearing anywhere from 5-10 more will be leaving soon so the Tiger faithful gonna have to be patient

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

I hope this true for the kids sake. If it is true it is time to move forward from the past and start something new. I hope he gets to meet the kids soon.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

4th and iches wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:58 am Good luck to him he’s gonna need it , a lot of things stacked against him right now, I know we’ve lost a few kids and I’m hearing anywhere from 5-10 more will be leaving soon so the Tiger faithful gonna have to be patient
Kids will be drawn to a dynamic young coach like Pendleton.

4th and iches
Freshman Team

Post by 4th and iches »

Ones here are leaving so not these kids

coach knows
Freshman Team

Post by coach knows »

4th and iches wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:58 am Good luck to him he’s gonna need it , a lot of things stacked against him right now, I know we’ve lost a few kids and I’m hearing anywhere from 5-10 more will be leaving soon so the Tiger faithful gonna have to be patient
Quit putting this out here this does not help anyone. I know you are concerned but this helps nothing. Wait tell the kids meet him he has over came a lot occurring to the article I read. So please stop putting this out hear. Thanks in advance for your help!

Getting Older
Riding the Bench

Post by Getting Older »

Those kids that left can easily come back. It is true he better watch his back, but it's a plus for him to have Triplett with him. He definitely knows who to watch out for. With what Pendleton has been through he'll be fine.get your staff together, be organized be confident and lead the way.they will follow. The ones that left or are leaving good by..yhey are weak mentally and would fold under tough conditions. Mom's and dad's let him coach.mind your own business and kick your kid in the but if he complains. Be a parent not a wanna be coach

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

4th and iches wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:15 am Ones here are leaving so not these kids

This very reason is why Ironton is in the shape it’s in. These kids have never met Coach Pendleton and when they do I bet he wins them over. Many of my Portsmouth friends have said this guy is just a winner point blank.

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Getting Older wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:37 am Those kids that left can easily come back. It is true he better watch his back, but it's a plus for him to have Triplett with him. He definitely knows who to watch out for. With what Pendleton has been through he'll be fine.get your staff together, be organized be confident and lead the way.they will follow. The ones that left or are leaving good by..yhey are weak mentally and would fold under tough conditions. Mom's and dad's let him coach.mind your own business and kick your kid in the but if he complains. Be a parent not a wanna be coach
So kids that transfer are weak mentally and would fold. Does that mean all the transfers that came to Ironton were weak mentally and folded under tough conditions?

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Hearing Pendleton is meeting with the powers to be this evening and a decision will be made on his part.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

pistol wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 pm
Getting Older wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:37 am Those kids that left can easily come back. It is true he better watch his back, but it's a plus for him to have Triplett with him. He definitely knows who to watch out for. With what Pendleton has been through he'll be fine.get your staff together, be organized be confident and lead the way.they will follow. The ones that left or are leaving good by..yhey are weak mentally and would fold under tough conditions. Mom's and dad's let him coach.mind your own business and kick your kid in the but if he complains. Be a parent not a wanna be coach
So kids that transfer are weak mentally and would fold. Does that mean all the transfers that came to Ironton were weak mentally and folded under tough conditions?
That is a great call out Pistol. If somehow this divided community can turn the football program around the 5 people on here who post 99% of this garbage will be ravenous animals recruiting any and everyone to Ironton. I hope everyone will just be adults and allow the coach to coach and the parents to parent. If kids transfer from Ironton it is to escape the chaos with the hope to make better memories for themselves and for that I wish them the best.
As I have said in the past school sports are memories for the kids and families not old timers like all of us.
Whether those memories are at CG, RH or Ironton it is theirs and I wish them the best because whoever is playing for CG I will be rooting for them first then the rest of Lawrence County schools next.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Does Pendleton teach?

Vike73
Riding the Bench

Post by Vike73 »

I'm late to the party reading a lot of this thread, boy am I glad I did, better than TV. As far as the position, I think want Pendleton. Kid sounds tough as a 2 dollar steak.

Return to “Football”