Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by Buramgerdin »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 pm
Buramgerdin wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:03 pm Someone might have lost something around here, like their mind maybe?

My only question is, will Woodard run the score up because of the trash talk going on on FB? I am hearing he is considering it.
what a nutty thing to say. I have not seen one ironton poster, including myself trash talking about the tigers. I think everybody is optimistic things should look better, and more fundamentally sound. but trash talk, puh--------leeze. especially aimed at the state champion burg pirates. Woodard could care less. no way he is thinking that because of posters here. as trump would say ------ fake news.it might sound cool from a poster but no way there is a connection otherwise.
Reading comprehension much?

FB = FACEBOOK.

The Tiger Football page which is being ran by the Head Coach has quite a few provocative posts aimed directly at the Burg #restoretheroar

I can promise you it has been brought to Woodards attention too.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

#restoretheroar :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2rGJeSRiWQ

Go Fighting Tigers....

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 pm wheelersburgs skill guys will go both ways as well. They have to to avoid a drop off in ability.
That statement will be proven false after week 1
Burg played a ton of kids last year all season with little to no drop off. The burg had no players go full time both ways last year until the last 2 ballgames.
Last edited by fbnut on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:50 pm Who lost more talent off last years team? Which team was considerably younger? Which team has had the biggest off season change? Those will be answered soon.
Which team returns more talent?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm You win games on the line of scrimmage. Wheelersburg is replacing 4 starters on o line and all 4 down lineman.... Remeber that. The young kids at ironton got a lot of valuable experience last year due to injuries ect. Irontons skill guys will be just as good as Wheelersburg’s overall trust me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ironton doesn’t have the best player on the field come August😳😳😳😳😳😳😳.
Big statement about best player on the field since the burg returns tha D5 offensive POY and only player in the state who was a finalist for Mr Football last year

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

The cockiness being exhibited by Ironton posters including some TOUGH coaches in here is embarrassing. Better be prepared to eat a lot of crow after week one. Of course the excuses will be many. Pirates will name the score, again.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:50 pm Who lost more talent off last years team? Which team was considerably younger? Which team has had the biggest off season change? Those will be answered soon.
Who lost way more talent? Burg
Who returns way more talent? Burg
5 of the 7 tds burg scored last year in week 1 were by players that are returning this year. Plus the QB
Burg returns a lot of players that saw a lot of playing time last year
Those players got a season and a half worth of experience last year alone
Last edited by JTEK on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am
TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 am This game is going to be very interesting! Much better than the so called experts think.
It will for the first quarter. Ironton has lost to players to transfer, and a few starters from last year's team. I know Ironton fans are excited for the change but they will not have the depth to keep up with Burg this year.
I think your underestimating Ironton. The last few years will he night and day difference to now. Also rumors swirling around town that the new transfers moving in far exceed what we lost. The tigers will look completely different.
Where are these supposed new Transfers coming from?

Tank14
Waterboy

Post by Tank14 »

Guess my Tigers are back on the recruiting trail. Hope the new staff don't start out with recruiting violations by throwing it out here on seops.

CGFAN#1
Freshman Team

Post by CGFAN#1 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm
TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:54 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:08 am

It will for the first quarter. Ironton has lost to players to transfer, and a few starters from last year's team. I know Ironton fans are excited for the change but they will not have the depth to keep up with Burg this year.
I think your underestimating Ironton. The last few years will he night and day difference to now. Also rumors swirling around town that the new transfers moving in far exceed what we lost. The tigers will look completely different.
Where are these supposed new Transfers coming from?
Typical Ironton. Get a little excitement to any program and the Ironton social machine starts recruiting. I used to root for Ironton except for when they played CG that is until CG had their coaching change issues and anyone who could walk and not fall down was asked to transfer to Ironton. Anyone considering transferring to Ironton just needs to look back at how these same Ironton recruiters were turning on their own (coaches, former players and kids that left) recently in such an ugly fashion. I am sure it will happen again. Any Ironton kid who wants out of that Jerry Springer episode is welcome at CG, Rock Hill, Green and apparently Raceland.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

TOUGH wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm You win games on the line of scrimmage. Wheelersburg is replacing 4 starters on o line and all 4 down lineman.... Remeber that. The young kids at ironton got a lot of valuable experience last year due to injuries ect. Irontons skill guys will be just as good as Wheelersburg’s overall trust me. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ironton doesn’t have the best player on the field come August😳😳😳😳😳😳😳.
They will have the best player on the field until the Burg players come onto the field.lol Just couldn't help my self on that one. :lol:

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

What year did Coach Woodward become head coach at Burg? And would that be the difference in Burg winning most games since then? I think Coach Woodward is doing an amazing job as head coach and he has an amazing staff working with him! Those guys know how to get the boys ready to play ball anytime and also finding out that giving those players the mentality to keep playing til that final second of the game even if they are behind!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

That statement is laughable so long as Tanner Holden is playing that night. Nobody in southeastern Ohio has anybody close to his talent, let alone Ironton. I get you're pumped about Pendleton, but c'mon man.*

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Only 62 days until this game. I predict another running clock. Sorry Tigers. Glad you got a new coach that should turn things in the right direction but you are not catching the Burg this year. Wish you were still in the same region because it’s always nice beating Ironton twice in the same year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Look. Ironton is going to have a tough road to hoe week 1. They better hire an NFL defensive coordinator long before then to get that secondary ready. With Holden, Donini and Mathews alone that’s enough to put back 21 real quick. All this excitement is good for the Ironton community and all. But when did being unrealistic become so popular? Win your conference. Win your Region. Then let’s talk.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

TOUGH is the new IBTT. Remember all those transfers that were going to be D1 athletes a couple seasons ago?

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Otto wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:34 am TOUGH is the new IBTT. Remember all those transfers that were going to be D1 athletes a couple seasons ago?
I am almost certain he will not make outrageous predictions that blow up in his face (Ironton would beat Burg by 21 a couple seasons ago and Ironton would beat Coal Grove by 30 last season).

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't see anything in either video that refers to ironton or burg.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:57 pm Look. Ironton is going to have a tough road to hoe week 1. They better hire an NFL defensive coordinator long before then to get that secondary ready. With Holden, Donini and Mathews alone that’s enough to put back 21 real quick. All this excitement is good for the Ironton community and all. But when did being unrealistic become so popular? Win your conference. Win your Region. Then let’s talk.
You better worry about winning your own Region this year, If I'm not mistaken Madison returns just about everyone that took the Burg to the wire in the State Semi's last year.

Return to “Football”