Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

JTEK
All State

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 pm I agree on the Dline because they were a very special group. My point on the oline is that they were not a great dominating group. They did there job. They were solid. They have a chance to be better on the oline even with returning only 1 starter. The burg replaces 3-4 starters on the oline every year. I’m not saying as a team they will or will not be better than in 17. Some groups will be better, some will be about the same and some will not be as good.
The linebackers and safetys are going to be very very good. All the skill players on offense are very very good.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton will essentially field the same team minus 2. I don’t think the freshman coming up can help that much. They have a few big boys but not sure they’re ready. Ironton will play inspired and should compete early. I think burg starts to pull away early third. Hard to make predictions yet. Both ironton and burg must find offensive and defensive lines. I think both are going to be good at skill positions with burg having a slight edge.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:04 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:48 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:34 pm What's impressive...Ironton 8 finals, 2 titles=25% success,...Burg, 2 finals, 2 titles=100% and the finals last year(best game I've ever witnessed)Burg down at the end of the game, refused to give up and marched down the field and won! The QB? well we all heard about and saw his determination! The same determination this entire team exudes! Concerning Burg vs. Ironton this year? I'll use a line from a legendary SEO coach, (Burg)..."We'll show up."
i agree 100%. that burg - eastwood state final was def the best game i've ever watched and i've seen some good one's since i started watching burg games in the early 90's. when they scored on us with 1:27 left in the game i actually started tearing up. i said to myself we can't lose like this. then when we hit bryson i knew then we was gonna go into ot. then when we scored i looked at a buddy and said we are either gonna win 21-20 or lose 22-21. i no sooner said that when they fumbled
it was an awesome nail biter of a game to watch dogg. blessed to have got to see it. proud of you guys.
Thanks bait

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

Truth be told, very easy prediction here...

Burg wins with a running clock early in the fourth. Pendleton hasn’t coached a football team before, there’s no way he will be able to coach against the Pirates’ coaching staff. He might be able to give his young men a little hype or prowess, but that will be very short lived. After they get smacked in the mouth and can’t run it for more than 20 yards in the first half, they will remember that they can’t beat this team. It will be another sad and disappointing game. We miss the good Wheelersburg and Ironton football games. Burg is too dominant. Both their defense and offense will be better this year. The ability of their coaching staff is like a redwood tree, it never stops growing until it is above all other things, peering down on things around it. Recently Ironton’s football program has been an acorn without water, it’s dying. Hopefully Pendleton can bring some water to that acorn...

Truth be told. Sorry if it hurts. Go buckeyes.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's deep man for a 1st post. I kinda teared up a lil bit.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1672330">1672330</a> time=<a href="tel:1531673642">1531673642</a> user_id=13571]
Back on topic,

By no means am I or any Ironton Tiger going to guarantee a win but I think this will be a good game. I think some of the scores being posted on here are a little crazy. There’s no doubt Ironton will be better than last year and I think burg takes a step back upfront on both sides so I expect a better game and depending on how much we improve will determine if it’s a great game.
The burg did not have a great dominating oline last year. They were an ok to solid oline. The oline will be as good if not better this year with a much more physical style running game. The burgs offense will not take a step back this year. The Dline was a great dominating group and I don’t think they will be as good. That’s not to say that they won’t field a very good D. The coaches will make sure the burg has a very good D on the field.
They lost quite a bit. If I remember correctly I saw where they lost 4 starters on O line. Very rare do you lose that many STARTERS and be better the following year. They also lost their Fullback and Linebacker who was the best player on the team and whole D line and quite a few DBs. I agree they always reload and are very good but it’s hard to replace a State champion and not think there’s going to be a drop off.
[/quote]

Carmichael was the best defensive player for sure. Offensively that can be debated. The Burg returns MOST of their secondary along with another stellar LB and a hard hitting Donini on the edge. The DLine will have some question marks. The Oline is always new every year. Usually 3-4 new starters going into the season. But these “new” starters had plenty of valuable playing time. Plus this entire team practiced and played for 15 weeks last year. You may be surprised when you see what they field this year. Every year we hear, The Burg won’t be as good as last year. But every year it’s proven wrong.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:54 pm Back on topic,

By no means am I or any Ironton Tiger going to guarantee a win but I think this will be a good game. I think some of the scores being posted on here are a little crazy. There’s no doubt Ironton will be better than last year and I think burg takes a step back upfront on both sides so I expect a better game and depending on how much we improve will determine if it’s a great game.
you may not be guaranteeing a win, but you sure seem MOREHEAD over heels than any other ironton fan. you seem more excited than JERROD from subway when they have 5.99 foot longs. i have no doubt that the head coach PENDLETON will have this team better. but it does not happen over night.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Footballelite,

Ole buddy your name guessing isn’t on the elite level you think it is. I’m fired up cause the Tigers finally got some direction compared to what we’ve seen the last few years. We’re gonna show again that we’re for real. Tigers fight like no other. I wish I was apart of our staff helping the Tigers cause they are getting the once called sinking ship back sailing in the right direction. Hopefully soon we become a navy destroyer and sink the pirate ship.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

footballelite wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 pm
TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:54 pm Back on topic,

you may not be guaranteeing a win, but you sure seem MOREHEAD over heels than any other ironton fan. you seem more excited than JERROD from subway when they have 5.99 foot longs. i have no doubt that the head coach PENDLETON will have this team better. but it does not happen over night.
that hain't cool hoss.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TOUGH wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm Footballelite,

Ole buddy your name guessing isn’t on the elite level you think it is. I’m fired up cause the Tigers finally got some direction compared to what we’ve seen the last few years. We’re gonna show again that we’re for real. Tigers fight like no other. I wish I was apart of our staff helping the Tigers cause they are getting the once called sinking ship back sailing in the right direction. Hopefully soon we become a navy destroyer and sink the pirate ship.
I'm very excited to see the new product on the field as well.

Truthful
Waterboy

Post by Truthful »

it is weird that coach p and the rest of the tiger fans on here are setting wburg up that they have lost a talented squad and don’t have much talent back.will make the running clock even more embarrassing!sad!youll have that I guess!!!

TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:23 pm Footballelite,

Truth be told, even if it hurts.

Always be weary of high hopes with no evidence or support. You may be very disappointed coming week 2. It is intriguing to see how quickly opinions sway. The sad undermining truth lay in this statement: the Ironton Tigers used to be a good football team and the navy destroyer wasn’t built in a year. I also noticed that you used the word “hopefully” to portray the idea that Ironton may be able to sink the pirate ship. I found this statement rather illusive and enlightening because even you are not confident in Ironton’s ability. Hope has never been a predicater for success. I must agree with you however, that I hope Ironton will be better than they were last year. But I KNOW (not hope) that they will not be able to damage or even scathe the pirate ship.

This is not arrogance, this is merely the truth being told and once again, sorry it hurts.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

It's not the truth it's just your opinion, I have an opinion, I have no
idea you will win the game, it's 38 days away. I will say there will
be no running clock and that's my opinion.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Truthful wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:56 pm it is weird that coach p and the rest of the tiger fans on here are setting wburg up that they have lost a talented squad and don’t have much talent back.will make the running clock even more embarrassing!sad!youll have that I guess!!!
who doesn't lose a bunch of seniors every year. that's why you build for the future. no matter what team you are.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:21 am It's not the truth it's just your opinion, I have an opinion, I have no
I hate the running clock. To me it shows more embarrassment to the team on the losing end. I don’t think there will be a running clock either but I think burg pulls away late.

TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:21 am It's not the truth it's just your opinion, I have an opinion, I have no
We will see what is truth and what is opinion. Are opinions considered truth if they do indeed come true? Yes; hereby, I am speaking truth because my opinions will indeed come true.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

TruthBeTold wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:25 pm
We will see what is truth and what is opinion. Are opinions considered truth if they do indeed come true? Yes; hereby, I am speaking truth because my opinions will indeed come true.
You're not a nice person.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Both teams have had many years of success between them. It is okay to talk smack before the big game, but real rivals respect their opponent regardless. I am happy for the Burg's success and I hope they continue to be successful in their move to region 20. I have been and will always be a Tiger fan. It is understandable to me as a former player and current fan why there is a spark of excitement over the new direction of the program. I can only hope that excitement results in a better competitive spirit on the field. I do not expect the Tigers to beat the Burg, but I do expect them to make improvements over past years in this rivalry.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:07 pm
TruthBeTold wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:25 pm
You're not a nice person.
Truth always hurts, I’m sorry.

TruthBeTold
Waterboy

Post by TruthBeTold »

laser breath wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:53 am
I hate the running clock. To me it shows more embarrassment to the team on the losing end. I don’t think there will be a running clock either but I think burg pulls away late.
Is it more embarrassing to lose to a running clock, or more embarrassing when a team could run the score against you if there were no running clock, also potentially hurting some of your starting players when getting pounded that bad? I think the running clock is more of a protection rule for the kids.

Return to “Football”