Possible teams to Expand the FAC? And Future of the FAC?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Possible teams to Expand the FAC? And Future of the FAC?

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:55 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:17 pm

Where there's smoke there's fire, different ppl have seen different outlets stating the exact same thing. Also stated by a Hillsboro coach they were looking to leave at 1st chance, my guess is if the Adams county teams can find their footing Hillsboro will look to head that direction.
Huh? Find their footing?
Huh? Yep
I guess I just don’t understand. Hillsboro going the way of Adams Co teams? Please dumb it down for me because I am confused.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Dundas wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:37 pm
Dandy Don wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm Small chance this mishmash of schools lasts two more years, just not seeing anything long term here. Chilli may leave first actually beating McClain and Boro to the punch. Not sure who could join quick enough to save it.
Where would Chillicothe go? Back north or independent?
MSL schools along the 23 corridor are seeing and will see for some time tremendous growth similar to what happened along the 33 east corridor out of Columbus with CW PC PN Lancaster. That direction and group of teams will see some realignment with school sizes in the league now. Chilli will most likely end up there, better competition, more natural fit imo.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I agree that the FAC is a good football conference. Chillicothe is the champ until someone takes the crown on the field , Jackson is loaded with fast talent , courthouse has the best player in the league , Hillsboro has a great coach and a stout run game , Miami Trace has the kids and talent to reload fast .

Should be another fun year!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 pm I agree that the FAC is a good football conference. Chillicothe is the champ until someone takes the crown on the field , Jackson is loaded with fast talent , courthouse has the best player in the league , Hillsboro has a great coach and a stout run game , Miami Trace has the kids and talent to reload fast .

McClain hired a great young coach too

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:40 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 pm I agree that the FAC is a good football conference. Chillicothe is the champ until someone takes the crown on the field , Jackson is loaded with fast talent , courthouse has the best player in the league , Hillsboro has a great coach and a stout run game , Miami Trace has the kids and talent to reload fast .

McClain hired a great young coach too
Yes McClain is a work in progress but have had success in the past . Most leagues have 1-2 teams who are good . The fac has 3-4 and when MT gets back it’ll be a real fun league

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Hillsboro and McClain are in a bad spot because they are too big of schools to join the SHAC, plus the league has no football so wouldn’t make sense. The SVC would be ideal for both but then again that league has smaller enrollment besides Unioto. It’d be a waste of time for Hillsboro to play the Adams county schools once they find their “footing” because a D3 School wouldn’t benefit anything from playing D7. Especially when all those schools just started football.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

BallDontLie wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm Hillsboro and McClain are in a bad spot because they are too big of schools to join the SHAC, plus the league has no football so wouldn’t make sense. The SVC would be ideal for both but then again that league has smaller enrollment besides Unioto. It’d be a waste of time for Hillsboro to play the Adams county schools once they find their “footing” because a D3 School wouldn’t benefit anything from playing D7. Especially when all those schools just started football.

If McClain and Hillsboro really want in the SVC they would need to get ahold of Waverly and try to make a big small division of the SVC
Big would be : Unioto Hillsboro McClain Waverly Zane Trace and either Westfall or Piketon
then the small could like : Adena Paint Valley Huntington Southeastern and Westfalk/Piketon which ever doesn't go into the big, that's what I think would be needed

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BallDontLie wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:49 pm Hillsboro and McClain are in a bad spot because they are too big of schools to join the SHAC, plus the league has no football so wouldn’t make sense. The SVC would be ideal for both but then again that league has smaller enrollment besides Unioto. It’d be a waste of time for Hillsboro to play the Adams county schools once they find their “footing” because a D3 School wouldn’t benefit anything from playing D7. Especially when all those schools just started football.
Guess Athens and the TVC is only ones to have a big fish in a small pond. Hillsboro is far from football powerhouse, LOL. There's several teams along that 32 route that fall right in line with where Hillsboro would fit, probably more in the Georgetown area like a southern buckeye league. Jackson needs the FAC to make it because they have nowhere to turn as each league falls apart with their location and size it's hard to stay part of a league. Independent could be Jackson's future not that far from now.

One thing everyone is agreeing on FAC expansion noone thinks it's going to happen. SVC won't change anything to add schools even though they really need to add 2 more teams and split division.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

SBAAC is where Greenfield and Hillsboro likely land in.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

I agree, their former conference SBC would be their best option to land. They have big school small school. Don't see the SVC expanding at this point. I don't think the Fayette and Highland schools will vote to add anyone east of Jackson. Six team is a hard sell to schedule 5 non leagues game in SE OH. I still think McClain is in over their heads. Being the smallest is part of the problem

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Looks like the FAC has lasted longer than the naysayers predicted .

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Hopefully they stay together. Seems like a good league.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

mattash wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:34 am Hopefully they stay together. Seems like a good league.
You get that IronChief trophy made for the Logan Jackson series ??

Make no mistake that’s a huge game for both programs . It would look great in the Jackson trophy case this school year 😂

Return to “Football”