Wheelersburg 28 Ironton 6

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Re: 2018 Ironton @ Wheelersburg Football

Post by TOUGH »

I could see this game being a record attendance at the Ed Miller Stadium. I think a lot of people will want to be there to see the defending state champions and what they have returning and the celebration they will throw for last years team and then a lot of people are intrigued by the Fighting Tiger program and hiring one of the youngest coaches in the state to take over a historic program while being from the Wheelersburg area. Should be a dandy.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

real nice last couple posts.....again I am just an outsider looking in and a football guy that loves the game, the traditions, and all the great things high school football bring into so many peoples lives. with the defending state champs opening up with a new era of Ironton fighting tiger football this game has truly never left the map of the eyes of football guys (just been overlooked in recent years) but it just quickly got a golden star above the name Ironton @ Wheelersburg Week 1. Lots and lots to look forward to for this game and honestly both sides of the fence should be tickled to death that this atmosphere and anticipation is back on the front burner for this game......with the intensity both programs are thriving off of; don't take your eyes off the game for a split second cause you are liable to miss a highlight reel hit, pass, catch, TD and so forth.....if you so happen to miss a play......id say its save to say that WSAZ and Football Friday Night will have the camera crew there and the infamous Keith Morehouse providing once again a historical game summary and insight........I don't have a dog in this fight but I will be honest and say, I am really looking forward to seeing the showdown on the river........good for all involved!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

TOUGH wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 am I could see this game being a record attendance at the Ed Miller Stadium. I think a lot of people will want to be there to see the defending state champions and what they have returning and the celebration they will throw for last years team and then a lot of people are intrigued by the Fighting Tiger program and hiring one of the youngest coaches in the state to take over a historic program while being from the Wheelersburg area. Should be a dandy.
I could also see a big crowd for this one. A lot of anticipation and the beginning of Friday night lights. As for celebrating last year's team, there wont be any celebrations. The HC as well as the team , literally buried last year's season a few months ago. You can see the Tombstone as you make your way to the visitor side. Eyes straight ahead with their goals in place.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

No celebration of last year's team... That was last year! As for this game, although I don't believe it will be close it's still a rivalry game! I think the tigers are on the right track and will make a huge leap in the right direction throughout the season. I look for the pirates to pick up where they left off and continue to work towards their goals for the season. Goal #1. BEAT IRONTON!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

A lot of hype around the hiring Pendleton. Wheelersburg currently has the substance, though. I don't even know if there's a doubt that Burg wins this one going away.
Burg 48 Ironton 7

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

4th and iches wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am
TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm [quote=TOUGH post_id=<a href="tel:1672330">1672330</a> time=<a href="tel:1531673642">1531673642</a> user_id=13571]
Back on topic,

By no means am I or any Ironton Tiger going to guarantee a win but I think this will be a good game. I think some of the scores being posted on here are a little crazy. There’s no doubt Ironton will be better than last year and I think burg takes a step back upfront on both sides so I expect a better game and depending on how much we improve will determine if it’s a great game.
The burg did not have a great dominating oline last year. They were an ok to solid oline. The oline will be as good if not better this year with a much more physical style running game. The burgs offense will not take a step back this year. The Dline was a great dominating group and I don’t think they will be as good. That’s not to say that they won’t field a very good D. The coaches will make sure the burg has a very good D on the field.
They lost quite a bit. If I remember correctly I saw where they lost 4 starters on O line. Very rare do you lose that many STARTERS and be better the following year. They also lost their Fullback and Linebacker who was the best player on the team and whole D line and quite a few DBs. I agree they always reload and are very good but it’s hard to replace a State champion and not think there’s going to be a drop off.
What’s your point .. ironton lost the entire line and their best defensive player transfed to wheelersburg looks like irony in is in worse shape than last year
[/quote]

Hardly their best defensive player.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I'll definately be listening to Jason on WIRO!
Not a fan of watching a game at the Burg. Little seating,Leaving the game is a huge bottle neck.
I'm sure it will be packed. Would love for those Tigers to ruin the parade and send them Pirate mom's home with their jugs hung low lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that was priceless. why didn't I say that 12.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

POST OF THE WEEK STUFF RIGHT THERE FOLKS. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

12gauge wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 am I'll definately be listening to Jason on WIRO!
Not a fan of watching a game at the Burg. Little seating,Leaving the game is a huge bottle neck.
I'm sure it will be packed. Would love for those Tigers to ruin the parade and send them Pirate mom's home with their jugs hung low lol
You’ll be able to beat the huge bottle neck by leaving early. This game will be over early.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

12gauge wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:56 am I'll definately be listening to Jason on WIRO!
Little seating? Sit on the visitor's side at Ironton sometime if you want to know about "little seating". If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Otto wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am
Little seating? Sit on the visitor's side at Ironton sometime if you want to know about "little seating". If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.
Breaking news if you walk through the gate at 6:50pm you won’t get a seat. If you want a seat try showing up around 6pm

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

JTEK wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:37 am [quote=12gauge post_id=<a href="tel:1673247">1673247</a> time=<a href="tel:1532523362">1532523362</a> user_id=270]
I'll definately be listening to Jason on WIRO!
You’ll be able to beat the huge bottle neck by leaving early. This game will be over early.
[/quote]

Love the Arrogance... The Fighting Tigers will show up.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

12gauge wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:44 am
4th and iches wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am
TOUGH wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:10 pm

The burg did not have a great dominating oline last year. They were an ok to solid oline. The oline will be as good if not better this year with a much more physical style running game. The burgs offense will not take a step back this year. The Dline was a great dominating group and I don’t think they will be as good. That’s not to say that they won’t field a very good D. The coaches will make sure the burg has a very good D on the field.
They lost quite a bit. If I remember correctly I saw where they lost 4 starters on O line. Very rare do you lose that many STARTERS and be better the following year. They also lost their Fullback and Linebacker who was the best player on the team and whole D line and quite a few DBs. I agree they always reload and are very good but it’s hard to replace a State champion and not think there’s going to be a drop off.
What’s your point .. ironton lost the entire line and their best defensive player transfed to wheelersburg looks like irony in is in worse shape than last year

Hardly their best defensive player.
[/quote]

I thought that was funny too! According to max preps, there was another kid that was the best defensive player. These kids are working their butts off! All the drama and negativity from players and parents are gone and it has been nothing but hard team work and positivity! All giving 100% and their is no player making it all about themselves. The TIGERS have a bright future!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

🙄 KD

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Yeah,Tigers will show up and so will Burg.The young man who was said to be or not be the best defensive player on Ironton’s team is now a member of the Burg TEAM and that’s all that matters.Good luck to him and all of the Burg players! GO PIRATES!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

IBTT wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:21 pm🙄 KD
Who’s KD? And not exactly sure what that means. However if you would like to start naming names, we can do that. The whole town of Ironton has a few if not many stories that could be told on Ole IBTT!

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

Does anyone know all the teams attending the Ironton 7 on 7 tournament Saturday? I’m hoping to make it to over to watch. I’ve got the football itch again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

man I do too bad. hope to make more games this year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 pm man I do too bad. hope to make more games this year.
1 game would be more than last year, wouldn't it?! Lol

Seriously though, I'd like to watch the west and Ironton scrimmage.

Return to “Football”