Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by orangeandblack98 »

there is no way burg is losing this game 35-14. i take burg by 2 tds

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

langra wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:32 am
Westfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 am Hartley would be playing D5 football if it wasn't for competitive balance. They have an enrollment of 207 and a cb of 90 for a 297 adjusted enrollment. The D5 cutoff was 210
Bishop Hartley has an enrollment of 284 boys and 426 girls per there school website. High School Enrollment by race
Indian 1 0.1 %
Asian 11 1.5 %
Hispanic 19 2.7 %
Black 137 19.3 %
White 533 75.1 %
Two or More Ethnicities 9 1.3 %

This is enrollment before CB adjustment. Just sayin :D
Not according to the OHSAA site

https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournament ... ssignments

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

callie15 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am This was a mistake to take on Hartley, as good as the Burg has been they are not in the bigger Columbus schools class .They bowed to people that couldn't beat the Burg, to get some one else to do it for them. you'll see the low lives come out in force com e sat morning. The Burg needs to come out without major injuries and move on and learn something , play in your own backyard with kids your size.
Play in our own back yard? With who? Burg will be fine playing Hartley. Those kids put their pants on one leg at a time as well.. yes, Hartley will most likely win... burg will learn from the loss and turn it into a positive impact on this season.. 2014 burg played Hartley for the region in Chillicothe. No one gave burg a chance and we took Hartley to over time. Hartley ended up winning the game, but were so beat up they couldn’t win the following week. Haha no matter the outcome of the game I am proud that Wheelersburg is playing them. Burg has proved to the entire state that we can compete in football.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

donaldtrump wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:32 am Well in my opinion if Burg held anything back it wasn't where the majority of football games are won. The line of scrimmage. Yes Ironton lost but they weren't manhandled by no means...Burg not nearly as stout in the trenches as last year. They may whip most in this area but I predict Hartley bullies Burg on the line of scrimmage...I would be surprised if Burg keep this close...
You may be right. However, Hartley was dominated on the los against tcc.

TOUGH
Freshman Team

Post by TOUGH »

I see a lot of people posting negatively about Wheelersburg after last weeks performance against Ironton. Do you guys ever think maybe Ironton has just gotten better. Wheelersburg returns almost all the skilled kids on offense and the defense is still very good. Last year I thought Wheelerburg struggled to run the ball almost the entire season. They were a big play team that did everything on the outside. They are still very good on D with different kinds of skills at some positions. I just thought Wheelersburg was equally as good as last year but Ironton has just closed the gap that much.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Hartley 28-7

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

TOUGH wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:24 pm I see a lot of people posting negatively about Wheelersburg after last weeks performance against Ironton. Do you guys ever think maybe Ironton has just gotten better. Wheelersburg returns almost all the skilled kids on offense and the defense is still very good. Last year I thought Wheelerburg struggled to run the ball almost the entire season. They were a big play team that did everything on the outside. They are still very good on D with different kinds of skills at some positions. I just thought Wheelersburg was equally as good as last year but Ironton has just closed the gap that much.
I think it’s more or less about just how good Bishop is.. I will agree with you that Ironton did improve from last year and that made a big difference in their game, but Bishop is just an entire different team and that’s why I think so many people are skeptical about Burg. It may not be a huge blowout but it may not be pretty..

langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Westfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm
Westfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:33 am Hartley would be playing D5 football if it wasn't for competitive balance. They have an enrollment of 207 and a cb of 90 for a 297 adjusted enrollment. The D5 cutoff was 210
Bishop Hartley has an enrollment of 284 boys and 426 girls per there school website. High School Enrollment by race
Indian 1 0.1 %
Asian 11 1.5 %
Hispanic 19 2.7 %
Black 137 19.3 %
White 533 75.1 %

That is 2017 enrollment. Enrollment for 2018 is what is stated above per school website which means they added 77 boys to there enrollment this school year. Last year is in the history books, this is the present.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont think it will be a blowout....itll be one of those games where Burg stays just out of reach, which you would expect from a D3 power taking on a D5 power.

Burg will hang around, Hartley will score late to make it look "worse" than it really was.

Hartley 27
Burg 14

Great early game for the Pirates, and I'd like nothing more to be wrong....best of luck this weekend!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Hartley by 2 TDs. No disrespect to Burg.

Just think they will run into a powerhouse that is bigger than their own powerhouse. That is all.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Bishop Hartley Twitter is pretty active today talking about this game. Lots of #BeattheBurg but they also Tweeted a long quote/article from some source that said Burg "doesn't play a very tough schedule to start the season." Hartley tweets "We'll try our best" to that quote that somebody found. I don't think Hartley needs any additional motivation for this game lol. Burg has a large task at hand for this week, in a rare regular season game where they are the underdogs. Good luck to Burg on Friday!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

callie15 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am This was a mistake to take on Hartley, as good as the Burg has been they are not in the bigger Columbus schools class .They bowed to people that couldn't beat the Burg, to get some one else to do it for them. you'll see the low lives come out in force com e sat morning. The Burg needs to come out without major injuries and move on and learn something , play in your own backyard with kids your size.
????? You’re satisfied with 30-40 point victories rather than a game that will test who this Pirate team is? You sound ignorant.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm
????? You’re satisfied with 30-40 point victories rather than a game that will test who this Pirate team is? You sound ignorant.
Wow what a defeatist mentality! Jackson has lost 5/6 to the burg but will never stop playing them. Well either get better or get rolled

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

langra wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:46 pm
Westfan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Indian 1 0.1 %
Asian 11 1.5 %
Hispanic 19 2.7 %
Black 137 19.3 %
White 533 75.1 %

That is 2017 enrollment. Enrollment for 2018 is what is stated above per school website which means they added 77 boys to there enrollment this school year. Last year is in the history books, this is the present.
OHSAA only uses grades 9-11 when figuring enrollment numbers for Sports, they have 207 in those grades.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

Go Burg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:33 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm
Wow what a defeatist mentality! Jackson has lost 5/6 to the burg but will never stop playing them. Well either get better or get rolled
Right. If we get rolled, we get rolled. That’s the name of the game. Push your team beyond their limits and see what happens.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This a win win for burg . If they win the confidence in the program will go through the roof . If they lose a close game this game will do more to prepare them for another state title run than any of the wins will . If they blown out at least they will earn the respect for playing a state power 2 divisions bigger . The Local d3 schools Jackson and Athens could learn something from burg

Atilla the Pun
Waterboy

Post by Atilla the Pun »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:48 am It's so unheard of to me that a DIII Columbus school scheduling all the way down to DV for an out of conference game, shows where burgs program is too, I'll be rooting them on for this game
West played Hartley several times in the 90’s, Burg played Ready in the regular season as well, not unheard of

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I have a good feeling that Burg goes up north and comes away with a victory. It'll be close. I'd say 35-31.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Win or lose this game only helps the Pirates, playing up will help prepare them for the post season. Knocking Burg for scheduling up is crazy, who should they play Portsmouth? South Point? Zane Trace? Those are games that would be completely lopsided. At least they have the guts to schedule up and play teams not from this area.

Return to “Football”