Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
se-alum
All Conference

Re: WK2 1-0 Southeastern @ 0-1 Vinton County

Post by se-alum »

This game should give us a good idea of where SE sits this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kind of wondering the same thing, has SE changed their offensive style any with the loss of the RBs from last season?? Figured they'd spread it out more let Ruby do his thing.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Southeastern by 14

Walk by Faith not by sight.
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This will be a tough one for VC. Interested to see how they bounce back after a tough, close loss to Unioto. SE comes in on a 13 game regular season winning streak, so they will have all the confidence in the world Friday night. Looking forward to another battle.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:18 pm Kind of wondering the same thing, has SE changed their offensive style any with the loss of the RBs from last season?? Figured they'd spread it out more let Ruby do his thing.
SE is running the same offense as last year.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

If Matt Queen is still there, I am sure that it is the same offense from last year. You will see a lot of trapping, a few counters, and some QB waggles. Must control the line of scrimmage on both sides to stay in it.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:36 pm If Matt Queen is still there, I am sure that it is the same offense from last year. You will see a lot of trapping, a few counters, and some QB waggles. Must control the line of scrimmage on both sides to stay in it.
Their offense last year seemed like the perfect fit for the players they had. I am not sure about this years group as I know all the backs and WRs were seniors. Let's not get to crazy but the SE season from a year ago was a once in a generation type thing. Their previous winning season was 2001-2002 if I am not mistaken. They may have had one when Diehl was there...but I am not sure.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Last year was Southeastern’s first winning season since 2016 lol, 2010 before that. One thing to note is that while they lost a lot of talent, they still have Lane Ruby and that alone will give them a chance in the majority of their games.

I’m very interested in this game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:37 pm Last year was Southeastern’s first winning season since 2016 lol, 2010 before that. One thing to note is that while they lost a lot of talent, they still have Lane Ruby and that alone will give them a chance in the majority of their games.

I’m very interested in this game.
I’ve watched film from their scrimmage and week 1 game and Ruby is a phenomenal player. If he gets out in the open, he is gone. Very fast and really good at ball fakes in the offense they run. It will be a challenge for VC to slow them down for sure. On the other hand, VC played unioto tough, and had pretty good success against Logan Elm in their scrimmage. Which btw looks like a better team than most thought after leading Zane Trace for nearly the entire game last Friday. Should be a great matchup against neighboring school districts. I’m glad to see this game on the schedule.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Also, we had coach Queen as our guest this week o the Viking RedZone. We did one segment for the Unioto Review show and he will be on multiple segments when we release the Southeastern preview tomorrow. Give it a listen.

http://www.vcvikings.com/

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Anyone have Ruby’s stats from the NW game?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:54 pm Anyone have Ruby’s stats from the NW game?
11 carries for 147 and 3 TDs. 3-7 passing for 76 and another TD

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:06 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:54 pm Anyone have Ruby’s stats from the NW game?
11 carries for 147 and 3 TDs. 3-7 passing for 76 and another TD

Thanks Dani!

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

Vinton County May have lost a lot of athletes, but they got size and the defense played well in the first half against a loaded Unioto team. Southeastern Beat a very bad NW team. I think this test is just to big for Southeastern this week. Ruby will struggle, he wouldn't be the 5th best athlete on VC's Roster.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:39 pm Vinton County May have lost a lot of athletes, but they got size and the defense played well in the first half against a loaded Unioto team. Southeastern Beat a very bad NW team. I think this test is just to big for Southeastern this week. Ruby will struggle, he wouldn't be the 5th best athlete on VC's Roster.
I agree with everything but the last sentence. Ruby is a special athlete and in the open field, he is next to impossible to bring down. He has that “it” factor.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 pm
Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:39 pm Vinton County May have lost a lot of athletes, but they got size and the defense played well in the first half against a loaded Unioto team. Southeastern Beat a very bad NW team. I think this test is just to big for Southeastern this week. Ruby will struggle, he wouldn't be the 5th best athlete on VC's Roster.
I agree with everything but the last sentence. Ruby is a special athlete and in the open field, he is next to impossible to bring down. He has that “it” factor.
I agree with everthing that you said about Ruby.Hes a very special athlete not only as a QB, but likewise as a basketball player for Southeastern.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dundas wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 pm
Agreed! He would be the best athlete on most teams in the area

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Se by 15

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol...Ruby is a stud athlete ...football, basketball went for close to 30 in district game as a freshman, district long jump champ, state qualifier and a top sprinter as well.

If VC has 5 athletes better than him...well, just no lol

Return to “Football”