Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by Poo Bear »

I love how burg fans are playing the underdog . Calpreps has it a 1 Point game so its basically a pick em game . Burg is d5 state champions and loaded to the gills. You’re not an underdog . It a toss up game .

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Loving all these Burg haters. It’s tiring every year hearing the same Tired things from them. People saying Burg is going to get killed, gonna get beat bad, etc. The people talking have not won a state championship, and their schools won’t play a much bigger school like Hartley. When Burg wins, they are MIA. If Burg loses Friday, the first regular season game after winning 36 in a row, the haters will be on here Friday night as giddy as schoolboys. Go Burg!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:35 pm I love how burg fans are playing the underdog . Calpreps has it a 1 Point game so its basically a pick em game . Burg is d5 state champions and loaded to the gills. You’re not an underdog . It a toss up game .

Not sure what all they had coming back. Burg is not exactly "loaded" to the gills either. They had one returning offensive linemen back from last years team. They are still trying to figure who works where the best, but they will get it. Not going to use that if the Burg gets beat though. If Burg loses oh well. Not the end of the world. The coaching staff will use the game the rest of the year and work on what didn't work and what did work and move on to face Heath the next week and then back to Columbus week 4 to face Bishop Watterson.

Burg has always scheduled some nice games, 4 year deal once with Newark Catholic. Two year deal with Cabell Midland in WV. They have played Cols. Bishop Ready in the regular season before. Bottomline is Burg will play anyone home or away and expect to win against whoever they play. There's not a player or coach on this Burg team that is going to Columbus on Friday that thinks they are going to lose.NONE!!!!!!! If you go into a game thinking you have no shot, then the majority of the time you will lose.

WE'RE MF'IN WHEELERSBURG! LOVE US OR HATE IT! WIN OR LOSE YOU WILL KNOW YOU'VE BEEN IN A GAME AGAINST THE BURG!!!!!!!!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:45 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:35 pm I love how burg fans are playing the underdog . Calpreps has it a 1 Point game so its basically a pick em game . Burg is d5 state champions and loaded to the gills. You’re not an underdog . It a toss up game .

Hartley is the DIV state champions from last year. Not sure what all they had coming back. Burg is not exactly "loaded" to the gills either. They had one returning offensive linemen back from last years team. They are still trying to figure who works where the best, but they will get it. Not going to use that if the Burg gets beat though. If Burg loses oh well. Not the end of the world. The coaching staff will use the game the rest of the year and work on what didn't work and what did work and move on to face Heath the next week and then back to Columbus week 4 to face Bishop Watterson.

Burg has always scheduled some nice games, 4 year deal once with Newark Catholic. Two year deal with Cabell Midland in WV. They have played Cols. Bishop Ready in the regular season before. Bottomline is Burg will play anyone home or away and expect to win against whoever they play. There's not a player or coach on this Burg team that is going to Columbus on Friday that thinks they are going to lose.NONE!!!!!!! If you go into a game thinking you have no shot, then the majority of the time you will lose.

WE'RE MF'IN WHEELERSBURG! LOVE US OR HATE IT! WIN OR LOSE YOU WILL KNOW YOU'VE BEEN IN A GAME AGAINST THE BURG!!!!!!!!

You should expect to win. You’ll have the best player on the field and yes you are loaded . You should for sure compete and likely a win .

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I expect Wheelersburg to win this game. I will be more surprised if they don't win than if they do win. Wheelersburg fans have done a great job of painting the underdog picture but I think they will have the best athlete (Holden) and the better quarterback. Hartley's offense is still a work in progress and Burg's defense is very good. I expect Burg's defense to keep them in the game and their offense and special teams will make enough plays to win.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Hartley is the DIV state champions from last year. Not sure what all they had coming back. Burg is not exactly "loaded" to the gills either. They had one returning offensive linemen back from last years team. They are still trying to figure who works where the best, but they will get it. Not going to use that if the Burg gets beat though. If Burg loses oh well. Not the end of the world. The coaching staff will use the game the rest of the year and work on what didn't work and what did work and move on to face Heath the next week and then back to Columbus week 4 to face Bishop Watterson.

Well said other that Hartley won DIV in 15&16. If I am not mistaken.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:06 pm I expect Wheelersburg to win this game. I will be more surprised if they don't win than if they do win. Wheelersburg fans have done a great job of painting the underdog picture but I think they will have the best athlete (Holden) and the better quarterback. Hartley's offense is still a work in progress and Burg's defense is very good. I expect Burg's defense to keep them in the game and their offense and special teams will make enough plays to win.
They are going to have to use Holden differently than they did against Ironton. Like to see some Pump and Goes, Posts. So he can ball out. Coupled with Mathews on the same side, one of the should be streaking for the end zone with out a soul around.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I’m not a burg hater but I am definitely picking Hartley to win comfortably. Holden is a very good wideout and I’m sure burg has plenty of speed and skill. Don’t be fooled into thinking that burg is the only team with great coaching and great skill players. I’ve seen Hartley take on Kenton and though they lost a close game, maulk passed for under 200 yards. Let that sink in, magic maty the king of Kenton had under 200 yards passing. Hartley has different players now obviously but the same great coaching. Both teams will be ready for sure but man Hartley just punishes you over and over and over. Good luck boys you will need it.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Pirates have the best basketball player on the field but we're playing football. Hartley DBs will have no problem with speed but they're handsie (like always), will have their backs turned to the ball, and have zero ball awareness which sounds like saying the same thing twice until you've seen it.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 pm Pirates have the best basketball player on the field but we're playing football. Hartley DBs will have no problem with speed but they're handsie (like always), will have their backs turned to the ball, and have zero ball awareness which sounds like saying the same thing twice until you've seen it.

So what you are saying is that they get away with PI a lot? If the ball is in the air the defender can’t touch the receiver, correct?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Well said other that Hartley won DIV in 15&16. If I am not mistaken.

You are correct sir. I changed it. Opened up the wrong year on the OHSAA website.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Last time we played Hartley it went into overtime. I’m sure burg is up to the task....

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I think Wheelersburg and West Jefferson will be victorious this week. Both Bishop Hartley and Bishop Ready will be searching for that first victory of the year in their third week matchup.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:17 pm Last time we played Hartley it went into overtime. I’m sure burg is up to the task....
I think #32 is going to have a good game @ DE spot. He’s fast and Physical. This one should be fun to watch. But, it will be Burgfan.com for me this Friday night.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:23 pm I think Wheelersburg and West Jefferson will be victorious this week. Both Bishop Hartley and Bishop Ready will be searching for that first victory of the year in their third week matchup.
If Ready hasn’t improved from last year, absolutely correct on WJ.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Well I got down to see the Ironton Burg game and it was nice to see Ironton getting better. The most impressive thing I seen about Ironton was they were in shape. Now for the Burg they did what they do and that's win. The Burg can play with Hartley and I think they can beat them. Cold H20 did it several times. I just got one problem this week and that's do I go to Columbus and watch Burg or do I watch Cold H20 take on Clinton Massie. I guess I will just have to do what I have done in the pass and that's put each school name in the hat then pull one out and that's where I will go. Now my picks are Burg over Hartley and Cold H20 over CM. Ironton wins this week too. I hear that Hartley has been losing some of the Black players they had been getting to Pickerington Central. Central Div I and just down the road.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Well I got down to see the Ironton Burg game and it was nice to see Ironton getting better. The most impressive thing I seen about Ironton was they were in shape. Now for the Burg they did what they do and that's win. The Burg can play with Hartley and I think they can beat them. Cold H20 did it several times. I just got one problem this week and that's do I go to Columbus and watch Burg or do I watch Cold H20 take on Clinton Massie. I guess I will just have to do what I have done in the pass and that's put each school name in the hat then pull one out and that's where I will go. Now my picks are Burg over Hartley and Cold H20 over CM. Ironton wins this week too. I hear that Hartley has been losing some of the Black players they had been getting to Pickerington Central. Central Div I and just down the road.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 pm Pirates have the best basketball player on the field but we're playing football. Hartley DBs will have no problem with speed but they're handsie (like always), will have their backs turned to the ball, and have zero ball awareness which sounds like saying the same thing twice until you've seen it.
Holden is going to be everyone’s main focus every week until this season is over. Last week he was being triple covered at times and doubled every other time. Hard to deal with that. I’ve seen him play both basketball and football. Although he is spectacular on the hardwood, he can be equally as impressive on the gridiron.

If #5 has time to throw he can pick a defense apart. He has plenty of options to feed the ball to.

I agree speed isn’t something that Hartley will struggle with. They are always above average speed at most every position. It seemed the secondary did struggle against TCC. And when they did have good coverage the QB tucked it and Hurt then with his feet.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 pm I’m not a burg hater but I am definitely picking Hartley to win comfortably. Holden is a very good wideout and I’m sure burg has plenty of speed and skill. Don’t be fooled into thinking that burg is the only team with great coaching and great skill players. I’ve seen Hartley take on Kenton and though they lost a close game, maulk passed for under 200 yards. Let that sink in, magic maty the king of Kenton had under 200 yards passing. Hartley has different players now obviously but the same great coaching. Both teams will be ready for sure but man Hartley just punishes you over and over and over. Good luck boys you will need it.
I’m pretty sure none of the players in this hartley team was there from when they held maty mauk under 200 yards passing

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 am
Rolltanks wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 pm I’m not a burg hater but I am definitely picking Hartley to win comfortably. Holden is a very good wideout and I’m sure burg has plenty of speed and skill. Don’t be fooled into thinking that burg is the only team with great coaching and great skill players. I’ve seen Hartley take on Kenton and though they lost a close game, maulk passed for under 200 yards. Let that sink in, magic maty the king of Kenton had under 200 yards passing. Hartley has different players now obviously but the same great coaching. Both teams will be ready for sure but man Hartley just punishes you over and over and over. Good luck boys you will need it.
I’m pretty sure none of the players in this hartley team was there from when they held maty mauk under 200 yards passing
Yes I said that if you read the post. My point was Hartley also has great coaching and skill players that can play. They won’t be fazed by athletic wide outs.

Return to “Football”