50%
Huntington
50%

Total votes: 20

oldmo31
Varsity

Re: Huntington 35 Eastern Meigs 0

Post by oldmo31 »

Only thing I know is Huntingtons' quarterback was the best athlete on the field.Nice game young man..

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 2018 Huntington @ Eastern Meigs

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

Route 7 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:41 pm I have a lot of faith in my Eagles to get it done this year. Most of the seniors have started 3 or 4 years and they are sick of losing. What this team needs is leadership and the seniors this year are all very intelligent football players. I expect Eastern to use a lot of different players this year. If they can stay healthy I expect a 6-4 or 7-3 season this year. Good luck to the Eagles as they try to turn things around this year.

If they are able to move the ball on the offensive side(something they struggled to do last year), then the defense, which did a solid job last year, can actually get off the field some. Time of possession is something Coach Newland should stress this year.

I’ll take Eastern by 7 points in this one, 20-13
Time of possession? That’s dumb
They should emphasize trying to score on offense and trying to stop people in defense. Those stats have way more meaning

cattle123
Waterboy

Post by cattle123 »

zz top wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:00 pm
HammeredEagle wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 pm Lots of people saying a coaching change is needed. I’ll say this, from what I remember the last few years there was 2 years with a Senior class with only 4 or 5 players and a couple of them were first year players. Last year at one point in time they were starting 6 freshmen due to injuries. Numbers are down across the league from what I hear. I’ve seen many posts saying to give the job to the baseball coach, but I think I remember seeing him on the staff last year. Don’t know much about Huntington, but if the Eagles are healthy they should have a good season.
He quit the football staff late this summer
Coach of the baseball team, Mr. Bowen didn't quit the coaching staff. he wasn't giving a fair opportunity to help the team improve. In other words, he was kicked off for trying to help, when he has the most football knowledge out of what's there

zz top
Waterboy

Post by zz top »

cattle123 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 am
HammeredEagle wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 pm Lots of people saying a coaching change is needed. I’ll say this, from what I remember the last few years there was 2 years with a Senior class with only 4 or 5 players and a couple of them were first year players. Last year at one point in time they were starting 6 freshmen due to injuries. Numbers are down across the league from what I hear. I’ve seen many posts saying to give the job to the baseball coach, but I think I remember seeing him on the staff last year. Don’t know much about Huntington, but if the Eagles are healthy they should have a good season.
Coach of the baseball team, Mr. Bowen didn't quit the coaching staff. he wasn't giving a fair opportunity to help the team improve. In other words, he was kicked off for trying to help, when he has the most football knowledge out of what's there
I probably heard a different sides version of what happened. Thanks for clearing that up. I definitely agree he has the most knowledge

cattle123
Waterboy

Post by cattle123 »

zz top wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am
cattle123 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 am

I probably heard a different sides version of what happened. Thanks for clearing that up. I definitely agree he has the most knowledge
Bowen spent 4 years as a QB at Marietta College, while the coaching staff now has NO experience at all.

Return to “Football”