Paint Valley 41 Piketon 8

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Re: Piketon @ Paint Valley

Post by seopcommenter »

joeboggs1 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm Tyler has ran one of the better and more consistent programs in the SVC in recent memory. Unfortunately, defections and injuries have just caused a bunch of problems for the Streaks this year. Paint Valley is catching them at a good time. The Cats are playing extremely well, and the young guys are boasting with a ton of confidence right now. This game may start a tad closer than most expect, but I fully expect Pv to eventually pull away.
Consistently 5-5 or 6-4! maybe practice four more then an hour a nite and they might have Moore consistentcy !!

pv win by 47

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Reporting a good week of practice so far this week from Piketon camp so ya never know!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Always interesting to see how the league games play out. Such a drastic difference in the level of non league competition you just never know what could happen. Obviously the beating Piketon took at the hands of Wellston and the dominance PV showed in their game with them is cause for concern but it’s still all about how teams match up with each other. Good luck to the streaks Friday night!

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Streaks 20-13

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon versus Paint Valley since 2003, Coach Gullions first year at Piketon, Coach Hollon had been at PV for a while before that. In the last 15 meetings, Piketon leads the series 11-4. Piketon holds the most wins in a row from 05-12. 8 in a row. PV has only strung 2 wins in a row, 1 time in the first meeting under Gullion in 03' and 04. Piketon has won the last 2 meetings.

I know, I know, this is a completely different year and situation, just adding some fun fodder to talk about.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:31 pm Piketon versus Paint Valley since 2003, Coach Gullions first year at Piketon, Coach Hollon had been at PV for a while before that. In the last 15 meetings, Piketon leads the series 11-4. Piketon holds the most wins in a row from 05-12. 8 in a row. PV has only strung 2 wins in a row, 1 time in the first meeting under Gullion in 03' and 04. Piketon has won the last 2 meetings.

I know, I know, this is a completely different year and situation, just adding some fun fodder to talk about.
Where you been bro

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

My old username was locked and the email I used was old and I couldnt get into it to unlock. Just read for a while, and decided to rejoin the conversation.

Slappy
Riding the Bench

Post by Slappy »

I watched Piketon practicing yesterday as I got to the field early for the Jr. High game, I have a hard time believing that the streaks can beat PV. I predict a 40-14 type of score.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mlittle wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:53 pm Piketons defense is getting a lot better. 1st week Waverly scores 50. Week 2 wellston scored 48 and Saturday the streaks D held Valley to 44. If they continue this pattern I could easily see them holding PV to 42 points.

PV 42
Piketon 0
If it wasn’t for a missed extra point and a late jv touchdown by Piketon, I’d have nailed this one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

No real shocker here, this just isn't Piketon's year. Just nothing for Piketon to hang their hats on yet, need to get an identity and find that defense

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That defense would struggle to stop most jv teams

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 am That defense would struggle to stop most jv teams
That's bad by this pointed in the season you are who you are. Piketon might be a 1-2 point win, does grooms make that much of a difference in a couple weeks time will tell.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 am That defense would struggle to stop most jv teams
That's bad by this pointed in the season you are who you are. Piketon might be a 1-2 point win, does grooms make that much of a difference in a couple weeks time will tell.
It’ll be nice to have another weapon but our skill players aren’t the issue

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Paint Valley 41 Piketon 8

Post by mattash »

Paint Valley 41 Piketon 8

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”