Waverly 41 Fairland 27

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 4 Fairland (2-1) at Waverly (3-0)

Post by greygoose »

How's Marquez doing?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Which Fairland will show up...………...Athens or Ironton?????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Tigers honor Waverly's 50 year graduating class with a 46-21 victory.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
TIGERTOWN87
Waterboy

Post by TIGERTOWN87 »

The biggest question in this game is, will it be over by midnight? Both teams will throw it all over the field...I really look forward to seeing the very impressive QB from Fairland.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I don't think the Tigers have faced an offense like this yet, so this will be a new challenge. Will definitely be completely different from what they faced last week I believe. Fairland's QB seems to be pretty mobile, I see that as an area of concern for the Tigers as they will have to respect both his arm and his legs. I expect there to be another big crowd for Waverly, curious to see how the Dragons will travel. The weather looks excellent for Friday so we should be able to have both high powered offenses on full display.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Fairland has no defense. Offensive line can not protect against an average defensive front. what Fairland does well is nickle and dime you to death then pop you for a big play. Not enough firepower this week. I predict a running clock by middle of 3rd quarter. Waverly 56 Fairland 20

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

"Tigers honor Waverly's 50 year graduating class with a 46-21 victory."

What is a 50 year graduating class...not sure what you mean??

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:46 pm "Tigers honor Waverly's 50 year graduating class with a 46-21 victory."

What is a 50 year graduating class...not sure what you mean??
Waverly’s class of 1968 will be in town this weekend for their 50 year class reunion.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 am Which Fairland will show up...………...Athens or Ironton?????

Waverly being more similar to Athens then Ironton, Waverly isn't too physical but are very quick and athletic at most positions

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:25 pm How's Marquez doing?
My understanding is he is ready to go.
Also heard Zach Brown may be back next week vs NY.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Think Waverly will be too much for the dragons.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 am I don't think the Tigers have faced an offense like this yet, so this will be a new challenge. Will definitely be completely different from what they faced last week I believe. Fairland's QB seems to be pretty mobile, I see that as an area of concern for the Tigers as they will have to respect both his arm and his legs. I expect there to be another big crowd for Waverly, curious to see how the Dragons will travel. The weather looks excellent for Friday so we should be able to have both high powered offenses on full display.
Waverlys defense is not that big. They gave up quite a few yards to a good running back from Unioto. I will admit that Unioto did make a lot of mistakes and had a few turnovers. I think a good big running back would probably hurt Waverly more because of there size,rather than a mobile QB. I know that Fairlands QB is supposed to be pretty good. I will add he better be a good passer and runner,because with Waverlys speed on defense, they will really be getting after him. I look for a good ballgame but I think Waverly will be to much for the Dragons.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:07 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 am I don't think the Tigers have faced an offense like this yet, so this will be a new challenge. Will definitely be completely different from what they faced last week I believe. Fairland's QB seems to be pretty mobile, I see that as an area of concern for the Tigers as they will have to respect both his arm and his legs. I expect there to be another big crowd for Waverly, curious to see how the Dragons will travel. The weather looks excellent for Friday so we should be able to have both high powered offenses on full display.
Waverlys defense is not that big. They gave up quite a few yards to a good running back from Unioto. I will admit that Unioto did make a lot of mistakes and had a few turnovers. I think a good big running back would probably hurt Waverly more because of there size,rather than a mobile QB. I know that Fairlands QB is supposed to be pretty good. I will add he better be a good passer and runner,because with Waverlys speed on defense, they will really be getting after him. I look for a good ballgame but I think Waverly will be to much for the Dragons.
I agree, all we heard about Unioto was they had a stout defense and they were very fast (several track sprinters playing). As one of their own commented after the game Friday night, “I thought we were fast until tonight”. Meaning, Waverly was crazy fast - overall team speed. You’ll be hard pressed to find a 4 or 5 man secondary any faster than these Tigers. They aren’t big up front defensively but they brought a lot of pressure to the Shermans QB, and they have a nice o-line.
Tigers did give up a lot of between the 20’s yardage to the running back but made the stops when needed.

Momma
Waterboy

Post by Momma »

Will the defense line Swepston be eligible to play the second half of the season? I heard he done some school hopping. I heard he has a brother on the team as well. He was in top 10 in sacks in SVC last year.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

I am pretty sure his mother and step father live in the school district. He has been at Waverly since he was a kid and left for 1 year while living with his father and now he is back. At least I think that is the case. He played baseball for Waverly this last spring.

seopcommenter
Riding the Bench
Location: i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids

Post by seopcommenter »

Momma wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:04 pm Will the defense line Swepston be eligible to play the second half of the season? I heard he done some school hopping. I heard he has a brother on the team as well. He was in top 10 in sacks in SVC last year.
lots is school hooping on this wavearly team .. hard to root for them hometown boys when their arent many !! just in my opnion

wavearly will win this game by a lot of points ,, most of them scored by lebron and chillicothe/unionoto/paintvalley !!!

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

seopcommenter wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Momma wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:04 pm Will the defense line Swepston be eligible to play the second half of the season? I heard he done some school hopping. I heard he has a brother on the team as well. He was in top 10 in sacks in SVC last year.
lots is school hooping on this wavearly team .. hard to root for them hometown boys when their arent many !! just in my opnion

wavearly will win this game by a lot of points ,, most of them scored by lebron and chillicothe/unionoto/paintvalley !!!
"i like to back my statemints up with historical factoids"

Seems to me you need to check up on your factoids a bit more. Dakota has been a Waverly kid his whole life with the exception of last year. In the world we live in today split family homes are everywhere, you cant blame a kid for wanting to live with either parent no matter what the circumstances. The Tigers definitely have benefited from the addition of Shoemaker no question, but it happens everyday at certain schools. In both these situations the kids are at Waverly due to family situations not just to play sports.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Omega wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:10 am Tigers honor Waverly's 50 year graduating class with a 46-21 victory.
And that class had some pretty good years on the football field. Won most of their games. (Never lost to Wheelerburg either) ;)
Last edited by old benchwarmer on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think the first half of this game will be close, I could see both teams being able to put points on the board early. But come the second half I think Waverly will find ways to make stops/create turnovers and continue to score on offense. The score at the end of the game will be fairly lopsided. Just hoping everyone comes out healthy as we approach midseason.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

old benchwarmer wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 am
Omega wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:10 am Tigers honor Waverly's 50 year graduating class with a 46-21 victory.
And that class had some pretty good years on the football field. Won most of their games.
Dave Adams, Bobby Dixon, Dave Howard, Bill Kalfs, Jeff Schmitt, Joe Skinner, Joe Vulgamore, and Eddie Wang were pretty good griders even by today's standards.
Last edited by Omega on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”