Attendance

mattash
Site Admin

Attendance

Post by mattash »

Which 2018 game has been the biggest crowd so far?

Games I witnessed so far.

1. Ironton @ Burg 10k plus?
2. Trimble @ NY 7 or 8k?
3. Ashland @ Ironton
4. West @ Portsmouth
5. Ironton @ Fairland
6. Alexander @ SP

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Attendance

Post by Dundas »

Does anyone know the total from the Jackson/Wellston game?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm Does anyone know the total from the Jackson/Wellston game?
I think Gallia at Jackson had more, maybe not

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:21 pm Does anyone know the total from the Jackson/Wellston game?
I think Gallia at Jackson had more, maybe not
That might be true. I didn’t go to the gallia/Jackson game but it being in Jackson probably helped. Wellston just can’t physicaly hold a massive crowd like Jackson. I’d still like to know the number if anyone has it though.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Two of the games I attended had pretty good crowds, Waverly at Unioto, Gallia Academy at Jackson probably larger.

Cameroncrazie
Riding the Bench

Post by Cameroncrazie »

Russell at Greenup in the Backyard Brawl. Not many if any empty seats.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

True wellston attendance won’t be know I wasn’t there because no room but I’d say close to 5000 at both

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

There was no place more opposing than the old stadium at Jackson. I would like to know what it must have been like for the away team. It got loud there. Felt like you had the whole town on your back. stands were right on the field. I am really disappointed in the space between the field and stands at alumni stadium.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:38 pm Which 2018 game has been the biggest crowd so far?

Games I witnessed so far.

1. Ironton @ Burg 10k plus?
2. Trimble @ NY 7 or 8k?
3. Ashland @ Ironton
4. West @ Portsmouth
5. Ironton @ Fairland
6. Alexander @ SP
Nowhere near 10k at burg ironton
I would guess 5-7000

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:53 am There was no place more opposing than the old stadium at Jackson. I would like to know what it must have been like for the away team. It got loud there. Felt like you had the whole town on your back. stands were right on the field. I am really disappointed in the space between the field and stands at alumni stadium.
All the new stadiums are built that way. I much prefer the old one's where fans were right up on the action but tis no more .......... I guess they call that progress but they're not fan friendly that's for sure. Some of the stadiums still in use that I enjoy include (Some have been renovated a little) are Troy, Grove City, Hagley field (old Columbus North that Watterson uses), New Lex, New Philadelphia , Waverly, Massillion, Ironton and Sheridan. The one's I miss and no longer in use are Logan, Jackson, Groveport (new one on same spot but need binoculars) and old Columbus Mohawk (later Africentric where the field overlooked all of downtown Columbus lit up buildings at night, quite a sight).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Large attendances are usually exaggerated, sometimes by thousands. A person can get a Ball Park guesstimate by knowing the actual capacity. Back in the 90's Bellaire usually drew 5, 000 on low games and maybe 7, 000 against Martine Ferry. Last week against WV #1 ranked John Marshall, maybe 3,500. Only St C and Ferry will bring more. Several years ago when Bellaire and Shadyside resumed playing since the early 50's, in the area of 6,000.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:13 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:53 am There was no place more opposing than the old stadium at Jackson. I would like to know what it must have been like for the away team. It got loud there. Felt like you had the whole town on your back. stands were right on the field. I am really disappointed in the space between the field and stands at alumni stadium.
All the new stadiums are built that way. I much prefer the old one's where fans were right up on the action but tis no more .......... I guess they call that progress but they're not fan friendly that's for sure. Some of the stadiums still in use that I enjoy include (Some have been renovated a little) are Troy, Grove City, Hagley field (old Columbus North that Watterson uses), New Lex, New Philadelphia , Waverly, Massillion, Ironton and Sheridan. The one's I miss and no longer in use are Logan, Jackson, Groveport (new one on same spot but need binoculars) and old Columbus Mohawk (later Africentric where the field overlooked all of downtown Columbus lit up buildings at night, quite a sight).
Everyone would love for their schools bleachers to be right up to the field but not all schools have enough acres of land to build a separate track.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”