Raceland 27 Portsmouth West 15

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Raceland (4-1) @ Portsmouth West (4-0)

Post by Westfan »

Westsidestinks wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am Greenup had a pretty good team and running back about 5 years ago maybe , they also cane out in the paper saying blowout and how many yards there running back would get , what they got was shut out . Saturday morning when you wake up just consider this a lesson just keep your mouth shut and play the game , what is said on jerry springer sights like this is a lot different than running your mouth in the paper . Sorry boys you’ve tugged on Superman’s cape
Who is this player that supposedly ran his mouth and what way did Raceland see it?

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Westsidestinks wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:13 am
battlescar21 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:33 pm
this guys a joke
Yes he is a joke and a huge CRYBABY! He was always posting bad stuff about Ironton’s kids. He is a bully that loves to say bad stuff about kids. He has some major issues! Best if you just ignore him and he will eventually go away.
Oh no sounds like a real meanie , I’m thinking your the cry baby
Yes 4th and iches I’m the crybaby! Good Lord get a grip!

Westsidestinks
Waterboy

Post by Westsidestinks »

Westfan wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:38 am
Westsidestinks wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am Greenup had a pretty good team and running back about 5 years ago maybe , they also cane out in the paper saying blowout and how many yards there running back would get , what they got was shut out . Saturday morning when you wake up just consider this a lesson just keep your mouth shut and play the game , what is said on jerry springer sights like this is a lot different than running your mouth in the paper . Sorry boys you’ve tugged on Superman’s cape
Who is this player that supposedly ran his mouth and what way did Raceland see it?
It’s not supposedly, read the Portsmouth paper if your able

Westsidestinks
Waterboy

Post by Westsidestinks »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:56 am
Westsidestinks wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:13 am

Yes he is a joke and a huge CRYBABY! He was always posting bad stuff about Ironton’s kids. He is a bully that loves to say bad stuff about kids. He has some major issues! Best if you just ignore him and he will eventually go away.
Oh no sounds like a real meanie , I’m thinking your the cry baby
Yes 4th and iches I’m the crybaby! Good Lord get a grip!
Yes you sure seem to be

RandomW21
Waterboy

Re: Raceland @ Portsmouth West

Post by RandomW21 »

RACELAND wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm
Jolly(senator wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 pm West is tough. Could go either way. But this time I’m taking raceland in a close game.
Well we aren't playing at Raceland this year so we won't be cheated like we were last year. I'll have to take west in a close one like last year. West 14 Raceland 7
you are high! last time we played at west we got 14 flags

Agreed Jolly. And you you aren't on dope, last year when west played up at raceland they got 21 flags thrown on them. Absolutely horrible, that is what happen when they got home balled by you guys.

RandomW21
Waterboy

Post by RandomW21 »

RandomW21 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:15 am

Well we aren't playing at Raceland this year so we won't be cheated like we were last year. I'll have to take west in a close one like last year. West 14 Raceland 7

Agreed Jolly. And you must be on dope, last year when west played up at raceland they got 21 flags thrown on them. Absolutely horrible, that is what happens when a team gets home balled by you guys.

RandomW21
Waterboy

Post by RandomW21 »

RACELAND
Waterboy

Post by RACELAND »

Agreed Jolly. And you you aren't on dope, last year when west played up at raceland they got 21 flags thrown on them. Absolutely horrible, that is what happen when they got home balled by you guys.
you had 8 penalties at Raceland. how is that getting homered? what you meant to say is you should have had 21

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

If the line improves I believe this and the Burg are games West could win. I also see rain in the forecast so if it rains I’m changing my bet to west because of toughness.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Was reading on their forum some of their thoughts. Appear to be very upset about a quote from one of our running backs. And I’m very confused about it. He said
“I want to have a blowout against them.”

Is that really so disrespectful? Who doesn’t want to blow out any opponent?

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-h ... 69140.html

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

C'mon West, I like your chances. Should be a great game.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:43 am Was reading on their forum some of their thoughts. Appear to be very upset about a quote from one of our running backs. And I’m very confused about it. He said

lmao what good player don't say that?

Westsidestinks
Waterboy

Post by Westsidestinks »

buckeyenation wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:30 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:43 am Was reading on their forum some of their thoughts. Appear to be very upset about a quote from one of our running backs. And I’m very confused about it. He said

lmao what good player don't say that?
Any player from Raceland or any other well coached team unlike PW

Ramfan95
Waterboy

Post by Ramfan95 »

From my experience making statements like that to the media tends to come back to bite you. I don’t have a problem with the statement but if I were a coach, I wouldn’t be too thrilled about my players making comments like that to the media.

buckeyenation
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyenation »

I Hope Hurd has 300 yards and 4 tds if you're gonna cry about some kid saying that you're ridiculous.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Ramfan95 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:37 pm

From my experience making statements like that to the media tends to come back to bite you. I don’t have a problem with the statement but if I were a coach, I wouldn’t be too thrilled about my players making comments like that to the media.
I’m not a fan of talking to the media at all, but that? Cmon man. It isn’t like he said we are gonna go out and blow them out, won’t even be close. He said he wants to blow them out. I’m sure Raceland kids want to blow us out ? Don’t understand what is there to get bothered about.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

As an outside reading all this, I agree with you siderblood. Im not a fan of talking to the media either, but yeah he could have said a lot worse. I read the original article and didn't think he was being disrespectful or anything. Anyway, back to the game. I do expect a good game. I don't really know much about either team other that reading stuff on here. Sounds like two pretty evenly matched teams. I say the team that takes care of the ball, manages the clock, and plays smart (not many penalties) will win the game. I don't think one team will run away with this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wasn't that quote was from Media day which was like 8 weeks ago?
Regardless it doesn't say will or anything negative about Raceland. What player doesn't hope to blowout all opponents. If anything it shows respect to Raceland by picking them out over the other 9 games.

Raceland is a good team. IMO they were the 2nd best team on our regular season schedule last year and will be 2nd or 3rd this year. They are a good well coached team. It will take a great effort to beat them

Ramfan95
Waterboy

Post by Ramfan95 »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:44 pm

I’m not a fan of talking to the media at all, but that? Cmon man. It isn’t like he said we are gonna go out and blow them out, won’t even be close. He said he wants to blow them out. I’m sure Raceland kids want to blow us out ? Don’t understand what is there to get bothered about.
I’m not bothered about it and I don’t see it being a blowout either way. I actually agree with you that everyone wants to blow out their competition. I was just looking at it from a coaches standpoint. Maybe I’m a little bit old school but I just wouldn’t be ok with my players making statements like that because they can so easily be taken out of context which was clearly the case here.

Westsidestinks
Waterboy

Post by Westsidestinks »

Ramfan95 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:17 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:44 pm

I’m not bothered about it and I don’t see it being a blowout either way. I actually agree with you that everyone wants to blow out their competition. I was just looking at it from a coaches standpoint. Maybe I’m a little bit old school but I just wouldn’t be ok with my players making statements like that because they can so easily be taken out of context which was clearly the case here.
How do you know the context , did u ask the player what he meant ??

Return to “Football”