Jackson 69 Washington CH 40

wch125
All State

Re: Washington CH (4-1) @ Jackson (3-2)

Post by wch125 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 pm I guess it was MT last year and a 76-48 score

I was at the JH game tonight watching highest score I have ever seen in my life for JH football. Jackson 76- WCH 66. Both teams had some very good athletes on the offensive side of the ball. Obviously both defenses struggled. It was fun to watch from offensive perspective. Both Jackson and WCH Qb's played well, and WCH receivers looked good. I will say this #15 for Jackson the Qb was a big boy I thought he was a hs kid! He's huge and gamer.

FAC talk if the league were to add teams I would like to see them go after Circleville and Logan elm in the MSL . Both would be a good fit in all sports . They travel well and alot of schools in the league play them already. Another Great fit I think would be Waverly. This would be a school of similar size and once again another great fit for the league in all sports. Problem is travel time in some sports. Although many schools in our league compete against them also in many sports.

Back to the game, it will be a battle , I don't think our kids think they will come a blow anyone out. This should be a good hard hitting game that will come down to important defensive stops with both teams fighting for there playoff chances here. This should feel like a playoff type atmosphere because its for position in the rankings and its for the top spot in the Conference. Looking forward to it and our Kids are too ! Lets Go Big Blue!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Sucks it’s only Wednesday lol

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:40 pm Sucks it’s only Wednesday lol
Agreed!

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

wch125 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:15 pm I guess it was MT last year and a 76-48 score

I was at the JH game tonight watching highest score I have ever seen in my life for JH football. Jackson 76- WCH 66. Both teams had some very good athletes on the offensive side of the ball. Obviously both defenses struggled. It was fun to watch from offensive perspective. Both Jackson and WCH Qb's played well, and WCH receivers looked good. I will say this #15 for Jackson the Qb was a big boy I thought he was a hs kid! He's huge and gamer.

FAC talk if the league were to add teams I would like to see them go after Circleville and Logan elm in the MSL . Both would be a good fit in all sports . They travel well and alot of schools in the league play them already. Another Great fit I think would be Waverly. This would be a school of similar size and once again another great fit for the league in all sports. Problem is travel time in some sports. Although many schools in our league compete against them also in many sports.

Back to the game, it will be a battle , I don't think our kids think they will come a blow anyone out. This should be a good hard hitting game that will come down to important defensive stops with both teams fighting for there playoff chances here. This should feel like a playoff type atmosphere because its for position in the rankings and its for the top spot in the Conference. Looking forward to it and our Kids are too ! Lets Go Big Blue!
Circleville possibly but not logan elm. Teays Valley and Hamilton Township are the two best candidates for new additional teams to teams to add. both very competitive teams in all sports, especially teays valley.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:08 am

Circleville possibly but not logan elm. Teays Valley and Hamilton Township are the two best candidates for new additional teams to teams to add. both very competitive teams in all sports, especially teays valley.

Teays Valley while good in all sports would not be great fit, they are much larger than all schools in the league plus you factor in the travel time for teams like Hillsboro . Hamilton TownShip is the same also, too far travel time.

Circleville and Logan Elm are like a packaged deal for leagues, one goes they both go. When the SCOL was together there was a opportunity to add both those schools but they were turned down . Our Conference needs to get to 8 teams to stay solid but it needs to be teams that are good fit and travel wise. Teays Valley Hamilton Township , and I have even seen Logan mentioned make no sense. Travel being the biggest reason, if those teams were added I would say would someone in the conference would leave due to travel.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jackson rebounds here

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

People that I've talked to around this area seem to really want to come and see as well as play in Jacksons Stadium. People have said its by far the best in SEO.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

wch125 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:37 am

Teays Valley while good in all sports would not be great fit, they are much larger than all schools in the league plus you factor in the travel time for teams like Hillsboro . Hamilton TownShip is the same also, too far travel time.

Circleville and Logan Elm are like a packaged deal for leagues, one goes they both go. When the SCOL was together there was a opportunity to add both those schools but they were turned down . Our Conference needs to get to 8 teams to stay solid but it needs to be teams that are good fit and travel wise. Teays Valley Hamilton Township , and I have even seen Logan mentioned make no sense. Travel being the biggest reason, if those teams were added I would say would someone in the conference would leave due to travel.
Teays Valley Not a great fit? They are a great fit for this conference. Too big of a school, How big do you think they are? Same division as Chillicothe. Div 2. if your gonna complain about them being to large of a school then your gonna complain about Jackson and Chillicothe being the two biggest schools in the league and Hillsboro is right there with them also.
Hamilton Township would be a good fit for the conference also, adds another Div 3 school but by adding both school it would legit make the conference more competitive.

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Hillsboro - 1 hour 20 mins
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Washington Court House - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Hamilton Township Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson
Hillsboro - 1 hr 20 mins
Miami Trace - 1 hr 7 mins
Court House - 1 hr 5 mins
McClain - 1 hr
Chillicothe - 38 mins

Jackson Travels the farthest out of all the schools in the league, but they aren’t complaining. Hillsboro is the farthest for all the schools to travel too. If they add those two schools then they can workout a agreement to split it 70/30 between the schools. Home team getting the majority of course. adding circleville wouldn’t be a bad idea or bad choice either. but are they gonna bring good enough competition to the league? all other sports yes but football not even close.
Both logan elm and Circleville are 0-5 and neither school has had winning seasons in 3 or 4 yrs. that wouldn’t be good for the conference.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:26 am

Teays Valley Not a great fit? They are a great fit for this conference. Too big of a school, How big do you think they are? Same division as Chillicothe. Div 2. if your gonna complain about them being to large of a school then your gonna complain about Jackson and Chillicothe being the two biggest schools in the league and Hillsboro is right there with them also.
Hamilton Township would be a good fit for the conference also, adds another Div 3 school but by adding both school it would legit make the conference more competitive.

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson
Hillsboro - 1 hr 20 mins
McClain - 1 hr
Chillicothe - 38 mins

Jackson Travels the farthest out of all the schools in the league, but they aren’t complaining. Hillsboro is the farthest for all the schools to travel too. If they add those two schools then they can workout a agreement to split it 70/30 between the schools. Home team getting the majority of course. adding circleville wouldn’t be a bad idea or bad choice either. but are they gonna bring good enough competition to the league? all other sports yes but football not even close.
Both logan elm and Circleville are 0-5 and neither school has had winning seasons in 3 or 4 yrs. that wouldn’t be good for the conference.

While Jackson may have the longest travel time its still reasonable. Adding those 2 schools would be mean much later nights for student athletes during the week . That is something administrators have to look at fans without kids do not . Also both schools are Central district their is no benefit for them to compete in a league with SE District schools. You want to talk enrollment I didn't figure you had looked into that Teays Valley has 449 boys in the school Hamilton has 341 . Our Biggest school in the conference is Chillicothe with 328 Next is Jackson at 291 Hillsboro has 281. So thats a huge difference. Thats a huge advantage. You have a larger pool of athletes to pull from both Elite athletes and average athletes which equals better depth. Does that always mean a win no but its a huge advantage. I think if those 2 schools come in , you would see Greenfield and hillsboro leave. Then we are back in the same boat of 6 in the conference and no stability because others schools will probably still look.

If you add Circleville and Logan Elm while not great in football they do still have athletes and Im sure at some point will be on the rise. If they come into our league they are both SE District , they can still schedule non conference where they could pick up wins. There fans travel well. Both teams are comparable to Mcclain. So its teams that mcclain could compete with so you keep them happy and in conference .

Teays and Hamilton don't make sense for a conference with 6 teams looking to find 2 teams that could make it more stable and competitive .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I wonder how Greenfield MClain voted when Jackson was begging every league in SEO to take them in. But now to make the FAC a stronger league, poor old Greenfield,probably because they're not very good right now, well if you don't like it you can just leave. Oh, by the way, if you voted for us to get in, Thanks.

Mike
Waterboy

Post by Mike »

In order to add any schools to the fAC league, doesn’t every current member have to vote yes?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Besides Wilmington what other School or Schools left the FAC when the new league was formed 2 or 3 years ago? The league may have had a different name also.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Technically, Miami Trace, Washington CH, Chillicothe, Greenfield, and Hillsboro left the league; leaving Wilmington, Clinton-Massie, and East Clinton as the only members of the SCOL (South Central Ohio League).

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Thank you! Is the South Central Ohio League still a league, or did those three Schools join another league?

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

wch125 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson
Hillsboro - 1 hr 20 mins
McClain - 1 hr
Chillicothe - 38 mins

While Jackson may have the longest travel time its still reasonable. Adding those 2 schools would be mean much later nights for student athletes during the week . That is something administrators have to look at fans without kids do not . Also both schools are Central district their is no benefit for them to compete in a league with SE District schools. You want to talk enrollment I didn't figure you had looked into that Teays Valley has 449 boys in the school Hamilton has 341 . Our Biggest school in the conference is Chillicothe with 328 Next is Jackson at 291 Hillsboro has 281. So thats a huge difference. Thats a huge advantage. You have a larger pool of athletes to pull from both Elite athletes and average athletes which equals better depth. Does that always mean a win no but its a huge advantage. I think if those 2 schools come in , you would see Greenfield and hillsboro leave. Then we are back in the same boat of 6 in the conference and no stability because others schools will probably still look.

If you add Circleville and Logan Elm while not great in football they do still have athletes and Im sure at some point will be on the rise. If they come into our league they are both SE District , they can still schedule non conference where they could pick up wins. There fans travel well. Both teams are comparable to Mcclain. So its teams that mcclain could compete with so you keep them happy and in conference .

Teays and Hamilton don't make sense for a conference with 6 teams looking to find 2 teams that could make it more stable and competitive .
I don’t think you looked at competitive balance re-adjustment correctly. so with the competitive balance because that how every school is assigned each season, here’s the list:
Teays valley- 449
Chillicothe- 404
Hamilton Township - 357
Jackson - 305
Hillsboro - 295
Miami Trace - 281
Court House - 259
McClain - 241

You all played Columbus St. Charles and beat them, there Competitive Balance enrollment is 589. That’s a tremendous advantage. So why are you complaining?
Are you saying Court House, Hillsboro, Trace, jackson, and Chillicothe would NOT want to add those 2 schools in Teays Valley and Hamilton Township to make the conference better and more competitive?? Are you saying they would be scared to play those schools, I don’t think so, they would love it. the only school that would say no would be McClain. I think we both can agree on that and also agree on that they will be the only school that will leave the conference if it expands. Because they can’t compete in any of the sports with the schools now in the conference.

With Circleville and Logan Elm, id rather have circleville join than logan elm. Because circleville is competitive in all their other sports. but logan elm is a toss up with all their athletics.
It will be hard to find teams that will agree to compete against teams like Jackson and Chillicothe, I will also add Hillsboro and Court House. I do not know how McClain said yes.

But would circleville and Logan elm agree tho come into the conference and play where majority of all the schools are all bigger? the conference they play in now they match up just fine with because they are all majority Div 4 teams.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Opening week of FAC....big games!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Think Washington takes them

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:15 pm
wch125 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Teays Valley Travel Time
Jackson - 1 hour
Chillicothe - 40 mins
Miami Trace - 46 mins
McClain - 53 mins

Jackson - 1 hr 15 mins
Hillsboro - 1 hr 25 mins
Chillicothe - 45 mins
Miami Trace - 45 mins
McClain - 1 hr

Jackson
Hillsboro - 1 hr 20 mins
McClain - 1 hr
Chillicothe - 38 mins

I don’t think you looked at competitive balance re-adjustment correctly. so with the competitive balance because that how every school is assigned each season, here’s the list:
Teays valley- 449
Chillicothe- 404
Hamilton Township - 357
Jackson - 305
Hillsboro - 295
Miami Trace - 281
Court House - 259
McClain - 241

You all played Columbus St. Charles and beat them, there Competitive Balance enrollment is 589. That’s a tremendous advantage. So why are you complaining?
Are you saying Court House, Hillsboro, Trace, jackson, and Chillicothe would NOT want to add those 2 schools in Teays Valley and Hamilton Township to make the conference better and more competitive?? Are you saying they would be scared to play those schools, I don’t think so, they would love it. the only school that would say no would be McClain. I think we both can agree on that and also agree on that they will be the only school that will leave the conference if it expands. Because they can’t compete in any of the sports with the schools now in the conference.

With Circleville and Logan Elm, id rather have circleville join than logan elm. Because circleville is competitive in all their other sports. but logan elm is a toss up with all their athletics.
It will be hard to find teams that will agree to compete against teams like Jackson and Chillicothe, I will also add Hillsboro and Court House. I do not know how McClain said yes.

But would circleville and Logan elm agree tho come into the conference and play where majority of all the schools are all bigger? the conference they play in now they match up just fine with because they are all majority Div 4 teams.
I can't say whether the schools would not want the those 2 schools in the league. I agree with you on bringing schools into our conference because 6 is not a strong conference. We are strong with the teams we have but 8 gives us great balance. Once again those 2 don't fit for our schools or those schools needs. 1st Teays would not join our league because they are growing why would they come to our league we have d3 and d4 schools. Thats what they have in there league. They are division 1 in most sports Chillicothe is our only d1 school. 2nd they are central district When they have to seed most of the schools in Columbus it would not help there teams in others sports , if they are playing a schedule that is heavy with southern schools.

You are looking at this from only a football perspective, schools are going to look at this from a all sports perspective and grade level with ms included. Your talking late nights for 2 schools during the weekdays . Circleville and Logan Elm great fits both are SE districts schools that are competitive in all sports except football right now and that Could change they have had success in both programs in the past. Im not sure why you think Logan Elm is not very good in other sports, but they are very solid in other sports with kids and teams competing at the state level recently the past few years.

I think your right though they will not leave the league they are in anytime soon, I also don't see teams in Southern Ohio knocking at the door of the FAC because of the size of Chillicothe. I think both of us are dreaming right now about any team coming soon, on a positive note glad we are in a conference with a chance to compete for a conference title! We could keep debating this but I see no end in sight lol!

Game Day is almost here

Go Blue!

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Who are Conference leaders in passing, rushing, td, etc.? Any guesses I just wonder. I wish our league did post top 3 each category

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wch125 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:38 pm Who are Conference leaders in passing, rushing, td, etc.? Any guesses I just wonder. I wish our league did post top 3 each category
Guessing WCH has them. Jackson doesn’t.

Keets for Boro has 11 TD, Burns 8 I think

Jackson has Spires 297 rushing yards but 4 different players have had over 70 yards rushing in a game and 6 different have had 40+ in a game.

Reid Evans 235 yards receiving leads the Ironmen

Icenhower has 640 yards passing and 6 TD

Spires leads Jackson with 5 TD

Return to “Football”