Notre Dame 16 Green 8

Farmer45
Waterboy

Re: Green (5-0) @ Notre Dame (0-5)

Post by Farmer45 »

killer wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:06 pm If Green makes the playoffs, this is a joke. They will get destroyed
Totally agree Green is not a good football I mean when your schedule is full of teams that cant play football.

Ill plow it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Green is in the process of rehabilitating and rebuilding their program, if they make the playoffs based on being a little ahead of schedule than anticipated so be it, the playoff appearance in it's self can be a measuring stick and learning experience for the program.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

It’s not a disgrace if Green makes the playoffs. It’s computer generated numbers putting the top 8 teams in each region. Of course Green would get beat ( maybe badly ) by the top teams in the region but that happens in many regions every year in the playoffs. Green is trying to build something here ... to get more kids to come out to have a football program and not just a team. To have a competitive program in the difficult world of a small public D7 team that rarely attracts transfers. I know Greens Jr High numbers aren’t strong and that’s just the way it is when a school has so few kids . I guess it’s more important for a small few to get to say I told you so when Green does lose a game or many games. . I prefer to view it as a community positive that the kids and the staff put in the time and effort to have something positive. Go Cats and Go all Southeast Ohio teams ..

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

hoot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:52 pm It’s not a disgrace if Green makes the playoffs. It’s computer generated numbers putting the top 8 teams in each region. Of course Green would get beat ( maybe badly ) by the top teams in the region but that happens in many regions every year in the playoffs. Green is trying to build something here ... to get more kids to come out to have a football program and not just a team. To have a competitive program in the difficult world of a small public D7 team that rarely attracts transfers. I know Greens Jr High numbers aren’t strong and that’s just the way it is when a school has so few kids . I guess it’s more important for a small few to get to say I told you so when Green does lose a game or many games. . I prefer to view it as a community positive that the kids and the staff put in the time and effort to have something positive. Go Cats and Go all Southeast Ohio teams ..
[/quo
I agree.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

hoot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:52 pm It’s not a disgrace if Green makes the playoffs. It’s computer generated numbers putting the top 8 teams in each region. Of course Green would get beat ( maybe badly ) by the top teams in the region but that happens in many regions every year in the playoffs. Green is trying to build something here ... to get more kids to come out to have a football program and not just a team. To have a competitive program in the difficult world of a small public D7 team that rarely attracts transfers. I know Greens Jr High numbers aren’t strong and that’s just the way it is when a school has so few kids . I guess it’s more important for a small few to get to say I told you so when Green does lose a game or many games. . I prefer to view it as a community positive that the kids and the staff put in the time and effort to have something positive. Go Cats and Go all Southeast Ohio teams ..
Great Post!
I also agree that not only would it be great for the kids, but also for the community. There are Schools every year, in all 7 Divisions that earn the right to have a chance to play in the playoffs. Sometimes we may not like the results, but to just be able to say you made the playoffs should be enough. After what you went through last year, nothing you do would surprise me.

BleedGreen
Freshman Team

Post by BleedGreen »

Game Day .... Keep Rolling Bobcats

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

killer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:42 am Green is a disgrace to football
Reported

bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Post by bradyquinnd »

Great Post Hoot---why do people have to get on a GREEN topic and just try to tear down the team????? they play just about the same schedule as last year---give them credit--they have worked hard. if you get on here to just say negative stuff------please just stay off this topic....WOW get a life

SPelf
Freshman Team

Post by SPelf »

Green is the best comeback story in our area right now. I love an underdog.

But even still, the buzz that this team is attracting is awesome for them. When was the last time that you had a midseason game topic for Green Vs. Anyone that didn't have but just a couple people saying "green gets rolled"?

They have a shot at playoffs, and just like anyone else but Burg/Ironton/West type schools, that's a huge accomplishment for any school

BobcatFuture1
Freshman Team

Post by BobcatFuture1 »

I spoke this success into existence like LaVar Ball. I knew this was the group to change the culture of Green. I dreamed it!! Lets go Bobcats, Neva Lost!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Count me in with the group wondering why all the hate for Green. That school has been down in sports for so long that I don't see how anybody around here has a problem with them. Yeah, their schedule has been pretty weak to date, but what do you expect for a team that finished with 11 kids last year and had to forfeit their last game?

Another thing to consider is that with the timing of the success of Green's basketball and baseball teams last year, and the football team this year, Franklin Furnace residents are excited about the school again and they might actually have a shot at getting their levy passed in November to build new schools. Not saying sports success will be the reason the levy passes or fails (money still the controlling factor as always), but it definitely won't hurt their chances with people on the fence.*

Kurgan74
JV Team

Post by Kurgan74 »

Green has a big offensive line and loves to run the ball. The Bobcats need to make sure they tuck the ball away and stop carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. East was successful in forcing a lot of fumbles and Symmes Valley attacked the ball as well. If they continue to carry the ball away from their bodies, they will have a tougher time in the next 5 games.

That said. I expect the Bobcats to win by 6. My prediction for their record will be 7 and 3.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

:shock: My prediction is 8-2

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

killer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:36 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:48 am
Reported
If Green actually makes the playoffs it's a joke...
That's why there's a point system, it'll all come out in the wash.

Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

killer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:36 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:48 am
Reported
If Green actually makes the playoffs it's a joke...
Killer, Why do you hate the Bobcats, did they beat your team.
If you think it's a joke if the make the playoffs, then blame the
OHSAA.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:22 pm :shock: My prediction is 8-2
Likewise! Where is the Pike Eastern game played this year? Could even be mayby 9-1? Most important thing though is one game at a time, win this week and be 6-0

bradyquinnd
Waterboy

Post by bradyquinnd »

Killer-----why don't you stay off this topic? where u from East? SV? western? Hannan? I really hope you are a kid in High School, if not ---I feel sorry for you
Last edited by bradyquinnd on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Killer=Hater

Bet he is GREEN with envy!

:D :D :D
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:22 pm :shock: My prediction is 8-2
Likewise! Where is the Pike Eastern game played this year? Could even be mayby 9-1? Most important thing though is one game at a time, win this week and be 6-0
Eastern and Oak Hill are both away games for Green and that's what I based my predictions on.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Notre Dame up on Green 16-0, 7:20 left in game. ND’s defense has been stout.

And ND is Mader-less.

Return to “Football”