Jackson 69 Miami Trace 0

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson (4-2) vs Miami Trace (2-4)

Post by goblue1395 »

Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:16 am
allamericanironman wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 am
Reds Fan wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:00 am any news on the Yates boy? heard he hurt his knee in the Wheelersburg game
Acl?
not sure, just heard he was out with a knee injury
If Yates is #33, he didn't play against WCH, had a large brace on his leg, definitely season ending.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Jackson by 28, too dynamic of an offensive team. Spires on the ground an Icenhower in the air.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jackson with the easy win.

football_lover522
Waterboy

Post by football_lover522 »

This will be one of Jackson´s toughest games if they want to win, there heads better be in the game

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

football_lover522 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm This will be one of Jackson´s toughest games if they want to win, there heads better be in the game
Trace has a good QB he can make some plays. Greenfield has a back that is very fast scored at least 3 long TD runs. Trace has a good defense but they gave up too many big plays last week. They will give us a single back spread look. They put 7 in the box against greenfield. I would expect the same vs Jackson.

Our old games we use to get them in by 9:30 I bet wch didn’t get home till after midnight but they did run 80 plays. It was 10:30 when I left alumni stadium.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Running clock

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Last week was one of our best offensive performance and if we keep playing like that it will be hard on the schools we are playing. Defensively it wasn’t good, almost reminded a little of the western brown game. Giving up 40? Jackson’s Defense isn’t known for that. if we can come with the same fire and intensity we had against burg then it will be hard for every team we play to move the ball against us. Maybe make some changes, switch M. hump with Davis and put Davis as DE Or put Little Hump in for his brother and put Matt at LB with Davis then put Spires as a CB/S with a play down LB when teams mainly run, the kid can run. We need our best players on D at LB. our secondary is getting better and better each week after western brown, especially the real young guys. I liked the 2 high safety we have played the last 2 weeks.
Ice is doing a good job, making good reads and seeing the field better with coverages. I wouldn’t be surprised they open it up more from here on out.
haller will need to run the ball more and more each game from here on out. the kid runs very hard. He reminds me of his brother, but not as quick or fast as he was but he’s runs very hard. he hasn’t been utilized as good all season, actually under utilized. when you give him the ball he can make plays, runs very hard.
Parks is a solid runner, when he is in the open he’s gone, but he’s gotta hold on to the ball. too many fumbles. I’d say this season coach hall has had more fumbles this year than previous years.
Brody landrum balled out last week, he needed it. when sees a hole, he puts on the burners.
Spires/Evans we need to get them more involved in the passing game. too deep threats we are not utilizing to our advantage, we should and need to make some more deep throws.
Hope we can get graham back soon, but I’d much rather him play defense when he’s back.
we gotta keep the foot on the accelerator.

tiger85
Waterboy

Post by tiger85 »

Hard to argue against the offensive scheme when one puts up 69pts. Jackson has demonstrated it can mix up the passing/running game as much as needed and they want to. Every player needs accounted for.
Agree on the defensive comments,,,the middle has been soft all season. Seems like some kids may be out of position.
We'll see tomorrow night !...Best of luck !

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson better be ready to play. All the teams in the FAC have athletes. Jackson can’t show up and beat anyone. Lesson learned against western Brown . Be ready Ironmen !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:02 pm Last week was one of our best offensive performance and if we keep playing like that it will be hard on the schools we are playing. Defensively it wasn’t good, almost reminded a little of the western brown game. Giving up 40? Jackson’s Defense isn’t known for that. if we can come with the same fire and intensity we had against burg then it will be hard for every team we play to move the ball against us. Maybe make some changes, switch M. hump with Davis and put Davis as DE Or put Little Hump in for his brother and put Matt at LB with Davis then put Spires as a CB/S with a play down LB when teams mainly run, the kid can run. We need our best players on D at LB. our secondary is getting better and better each week after western brown, especially the real young guys. I liked the 2 high safety we have played the last 2 weeks.
Ice is doing a good job, making good reads and seeing the field better with coverages. I wouldn’t be surprised they open it up more from here on out.
haller will need to run the ball more and more each game from here on out. the kid runs very hard. He reminds me of his brother, but not as quick or fast as he was but he’s runs very hard. he hasn’t been utilized as good all season, actually under utilized. when you give him the ball he can make plays, runs very hard.
Parks is a solid runner, when he is in the open he’s gone, but he’s gotta hold on to the ball. too many fumbles. I’d say this season coach hall has had more fumbles this year than previous years.
Brody landrum balled out last week, he needed it. when sees a hole, he puts on the burners.
Spires/Evans we need to get them more involved in the passing game. too deep threats we are not utilizing to our advantage, we should and need to make some more deep throws.
Hope we can get graham back soon, but I’d much rather him play defense when he’s back.
Jackson is 4-2 and if any one player has more carries in those 2 losses, we’d still have those 2 losses. We just scored 69, your timing is bad for offensive fixing.

I’m gonna harp on another small piece of this post. I can name 7 different players on this team that have too many fumbles/mishandles but no chance I’m calling any of them out....at least without the other 6. Brice Parks has been incredible. I can easily argue he is the MVP of this team. You’ve said before you don’t see Parks on the offensive side but of all Ironmen runners he has the highest yards per carry of any kid over 15 carries. Last week he was needed and rushed 13x for 141 yards and 2 TD....and was in on as many defensive plays as one could imagine. He was shotgun on the numerous kickoffs....when did he get a chance to rest? Drink? He was in every play all night....hell I just cramped up thinking about it.

Parks is a warrior and it’s not situational. That kid is full go up by 30 or down by 30. Change his positions...no complaints. This kid is what it’s all about. In a day and age where high school kids want to be cool athletes...Parks isn’t for any of that. He’s old school, one of our top backs, one of our top defensive players, one of our top special team players...Brice Parks is an Ironmen and a darn good one.

Ironmen#2588
Freshman Team

Post by Ironmen#2588 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:36 pm
Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:02 pm Last week was one of our best offensive performance and if we keep playing like that it will be hard on the schools we are playing. Defensively it wasn’t good, almost reminded a little of the western brown game. Giving up 40? Jackson’s Defense isn’t known for that. if we can come with the same fire and intensity we had against burg then it will be hard for every team we play to move the ball against us. Maybe make some changes, switch M. hump with Davis and put Davis as DE Or put Little Hump in for his brother and put Matt at LB with Davis then put Spires as a CB/S with a play down LB when teams mainly run, the kid can run. We need our best players on D at LB. our secondary is getting better and better each week after western brown, especially the real young guys. I liked the 2 high safety we have played the last 2 weeks.
Jackson is 4-2 and if any one player has more carries in those 2 losses, we’d still have those 2 losses. We just scored 69, your timing is bad for offensive fixing.

I’m gonna harp on another small piece of this post. I can name 7 different players on this team that have too many fumbles/mishandles but no chance I’m calling any of them out....at least without the other 6. Brice Parks has been incredible. I can easily argue he is the MVP of this team. You’ve said before you don’t see Parks on the offensive side but of all Ironmen runners he has the highest yards per carry of any kid over 15 carries. Last week he was needed and rushed 13x for 141 yards and 2 TD....and was in on as many defensive plays as one could imagine. He was shotgun on the numerous kickoffs....when did he get a chance to rest? Drink? He was in every play all night....hell I just cramped up thinking about it.

Parks is a warrior and it’s not situational. That kid is full go up by 30 or down by 30. Change his positions...no complaints. This kid is what it’s all about. In a day and age where high school kids want to be cool athletes...Parks isn’t for any of that. He’s old school, one of our top backs, one of our top defensive players, one of our top special team players...Brice Parks is an Ironmen and a darn good one.
I just said I wouldn’t be surprised they open it up more to get the passing game going more. they will need it against times like Hillsboro, Chillicothe and playoffs. the running game is there, nothing needs to be changed about that. We can run like crazy, just need to add some more carries.
I am not bashing the kid at all, he’s a very good player. I am saying we have fumbled too many times this season. Been a other guys have multiple fumbles this season, I will agree. but a lot of people would agree that we gotta fix that or it will definitely come back and bite us really bad when the game is on the line. Would have made a difference between western brown.

parks did get a drink but he chose to come up because he was tapping in his helmet for a sub on offense and defense he needed a breather multiple times so he did come out and they sent haller because he couldn’t hardly breath, he was gassed.
Would you not be the leading rusher, leader in carries, and best average per carry on the team if you averaged over 10-15 carries a game? Most likely you would be.

Just to be clear, I was not bashing the kid. the kid is a good player for us and we do need him. But we need all of our players playing at their highest level from here on out.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen#2588 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:48 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:36 pm

I just said I wouldn’t be surprised they open it up more to get the passing game going more. they will need it against times like Hillsboro, Chillicothe and playoffs. the running game is there, nothing needs to be changed about that. We can run like crazy, just need to add some more carries.
I am not bashing the kid at all, he’s a very good player. I am saying we have fumbled too many times this season. Been a other guys have multiple fumbles this season, I will agree. but a lot of people would agree that we gotta fix that or it will definitely come back and bite us really bad when the game is on the line. Would have made a difference between western brown.

parks did get a drink but he chose to come up because he was tapping in his helmet for a sub on offense and defense he needed a breather multiple times so he did come out and they sent haller because he couldn’t hardly breath, he was gassed.
Would you not be the leading rusher, leader in carries, and best average per carry on the team if you averaged over 10-15 carries a game? Most likely you would be.

Just to be clear, I was not bashing the kid. the kid is a good player for us and we do need him. But we need all of our players playing at their highest level from here on out.
No you wouldnkt likely be the top in yards per carry if you were given 10-15 per game....leader in yards and carries most likely. Ice and Spires have the most carries.

tiger85
Waterboy

Post by tiger85 »

Well boys. This team is not and never has been about MVP’s or any one player. These kids just love to play football. When they come with their heads on right ,they do great things. Last week was an indictment of that fact. Took all 45 of them to win that game.
Jackson needs to come out, play their game and win this game. We’ll worry about all the rest of the stuff after the season,,,,,which I hope is a long, long time !!
Go Red

allamericanironman
All Conference

Our d line has to step up and make plays. Matt is hesitating too much I don’t even think he watches the ball snapped he is playing like a line backer. Does that make sense? I know last week he had to hesitate with a mobile QB. If you watch we only have about 5 in the box anyway. The interior d line needs to step up watching them on film they have been getting roughed up looking like pinballs at times. I’m not really convinced yet it’s the LB play when we only have one out there most of the time.

If you think why is this guy always talking about the line? I will tell you the buckeyes are not the same team without Joey Bosa. The goose kept two linemen at bay to let ray Lewis eat! Look what jjwatts did to my perfect bengals a few years ago.

Chris Daniels single handily beat Hillsboro back in the day. Defensive tackle had 22 tackles in one game in playoff win. An absolute savage!
Last edited by allamericanironman on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

game day!!! time to go to work Ironmen.......one game at a time!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

typical jackson thread

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:12 am typical jackson thread
typical Wellston post

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 am
typical Wellston post
yeah well read through this weeks wellston game topic there aren't a bunch of dads calling out specific players and suggesting specific lineup changes, i smell an upset brewing in this one

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

allamericanironman wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:58 am Our d line has to step up and make plays. Matt is hesitating too much I don’t even think he watches the ball snapped he is playing like a line backer. Does that make sense? I know last week he had to hesitate with a mobile QB. If you watch we only have about 5 in the box anyway. The interior d line needs to step up watching them on film they have been getting roughed up looking like pinballs at times. I’m not really convinced yet it’s the LB play when we only have one out there most of the time.

If you think why is this guy always talking about the line? I will tell you the buckeyes are not the same team without Joey Bosa. The goose kept two linemen at bay to let ray Lewis eat! Look what jjwatts did to my perfect bengals a few years ago.

Chris Daniels single handily beat Hillsboro back in the day. Defensive tackle had 22 tackles in one game in playoff win. An absolute savage!
agree on Chris Daniels being a savage and playing lights out in the Hillsboro play-off game. He then followed that up in the Regional Championship game against Desales, while the score was still 0-0 late in the third quarter, Daniels hit the Desales QB so hard the ball was squeezed from his arms causing a fumble for pursuing ILB Jay Blankenship to scoop and score returning the fumble for a TD and then Blankenship kicked the extra point to send the Ironmen up 7-0. maybe the greatest play to ever go down in Jackson Ironmen Football history as it was the first undefeated season in many many years, the first play-off appearance EVER by a Jackson football team and all during the time when only the top FOUR teams from each region advancing to the state play-offs.......nice blast from the past allamercianironman...kudos...

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
allamericanironman
All Conference

Dandy Don wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:33 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 am
typical Wellston post
yeah well read through this weeks wellston game topic there aren't a bunch of dads calling out specific players and suggesting specific lineup changes, i smell an upset brewing in this one
Because no one cares never have never will.

Return to “Football”