Gallia Academy 36 Ironton 33

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK #9 GALLIPOLIS (7-1) @ IRONTON (6-2)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Heading to Scioto Ribber for dinner with my friend Mike and then to the game.
Hope to have pics and a article up sometime on Sunday.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Found bait, he was posting on southeasternohiopreps.com instead of www.southeasternohiopreps.com
Switching web host to AWS and I thought I shot down the old but instead only the subdomain www. transferred.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
joshwheeler
Waterboy

Post by joshwheeler »

Gallipolis by 21. I don’t think they’ll make the same mistake that CG made by throwing the ball late. Ironton secondary is the weak link. Let’s see how early and often they attack it.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Looks like Coach Pendleton has thought of everything. He has Ironton’s cooks serving this to the FIGHTING Tigers today for lunch as we speak. It’s going be a real slobberknocker
DB36436E-EE43-4990-8C4F-A026BB507F97.gif
DB36436E-EE43-4990-8C4F-A026BB507F97.gif (68.56 KiB) Viewed 1841 times

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Coach Pendleton's players are feeding off him. He rides a bike to away games. He got a flat tire and put the bike on his shoulder and ran the last 20 miles. Penrod's players also feed off him. He is an intelligent fellathat loves the poetry of the schemes. He once drank three bottles of wine by candle light diagramming plays for a walk through practice. Wow does it get any better?

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Ema wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:55 pm Coach Pendleton's players are feeding off him. He rides a bike to away games. He got a flat tire and put the bike on his shoulder and ran the last 20 miles. Penrod's players also feed off him. He is an intelligent fellathat loves the poetry of the schemes. He once drank three bottles of wine by candle light diagramming plays for a walk through practice. Wow does it get any better?
I wonder if he wears his sunglasses while siping his wine. It must always be sunny in Gallia Countie.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

I just came down 52 to the 141 exit when I came to a stop at the end of the exit I heard a strange sound, so I rolled my window down and you could hear tigers growling all the way to Hecla. One had gotten loose and was patrolling the area around O.U.S. C. so I asked him what was going on. He said they were waiting for dinner to be served at 7:00 tonight. He also said if you pulled the tail off a blue devil they tasted just like a smurf just a little more crunchy.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Is it true that Jack Hannah from the Columbus zoo loaned Ironton 5 tigers? :D

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Jungle Jack and Pendleton are right. I'm going to hit him up for tickets to the zoo lights.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

8-) In about 4 1/2 hours when Gallipolis steps onto the field for warmups they will come out of the ole locker room and be greeted on the sidelines by 3 words, " Bob Lutz Field" , enuff said. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

Game day and let the tailgating begin and the weather corporate.
A titanic battle to begin soon
Let’s go Tigers let’s hear you ROAR

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

Rosco wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:57 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 pm 8-) Gallipolis pulling out all the stops. A little birdie flew up here to Columbus tonight and told me that the Blue Devils were practicing on the turf @ Oak Hill high school. Hmmmm !!!!!

Well the same birdie told a flying squirrel that told Gridiron Goober that the Devils used left handed footballs at that practice, with their shoes on the wrong feet while going into a 30 mph head wind they had piped in special from Florida. For good measure they also practiced in the dark in case the lights go out at Tanks Stadium. For good luck they are leaving at noon on Friday on pogo sticks to get loose.

They have thought of it all!

I would like to nominate this for post of the year. Heck post of the decade.... hats off to you good sir, best thing I’ve read on here

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I know of some of the big wins the blue devils have had over ironton at home over the years. When was the last time they won a game at the tank?

Probably the biggest Gallia win was the one in the 70’s that snapped the league winning streak.

I get that everyone thinks Jackson is our biggest rivalry but I think if your a blue devil this is the one you want the most. It has happened such few times. Yes we beat a bad ironton team last year. But this one would be special.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 am Found bait, he was posting on southeasternohiopreps.com instead of www.southeasternohiopreps.com
Switching web host to AWS and I thought I shot down the old but instead only the subdomain www. transferred.
Glad you found him. I noticed he’s always quiet friday’s And Saturday’s, so I guess his nerves gets the best of him and this explains his absence at these times!

I’d like to see him come to life and get active while the tigers are roarin!

“RESTORE THE ROAR”

Get at it BAIT!

Remember, I’m just 15 houses away.

Oh wait, that was k-12

I meant 15 hours away now,, I CANT HEAR YOU!

Gotigersgo!!!
Gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball!!!

Can ya hear me now???

Fattseycline
Freshman Team

Post by Fattseycline »

Lord knows I’m a Christian, but tonight I’m going with the devil the blue devils that is! Gallia 35 ironton 24

BHS78
Riding the Bench

Post by BHS78 »

Is this game on the radio

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Should be on big country99.5 they have streaming

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Wbyg

Maniactough
Waterboy

Post by Maniactough »

The Tank starting to fill up.
People was standing in line for tickets at4:30 going to be a full house and hopefully a great game and tiger Win.

ITSYABOY72
Riding the Bench

Post by ITSYABOY72 »

Ironton is avg around 31 points per game.
GA is averaging around 41 points per game.
Irontons defense gives up around 17 points per game.
GA defense allows around 19 points per game.

Ironton has not defeated a winning in state opponent this season. The only win they have vs a winning team is their 16 - 7 win over 6 - 3 Russell. The week prior, Greenup county hung 41 on Russell. Boyd County defeated Russel 49 - 0.

Their are only 3 teams in the OVC above .500 ( Ironton, GA, Portsmouth) - horrible conference.

Ironton needed a 4th quarter to seperate with Coal Grove AT HOME.
GA put 42 on Coal Grove at Coal Grove.
The only above .500 team GA has defeated is 5 - 3 Portsmouth.

Ironton gets the edge on SOS ( Ashland/Burg) but they lost to the only other above .500 teams they have played giving them currently a 1 -2 record vs above .500 teams.

GA on offense averages around 70 snaps per contest.
Ironton on offense averages 3.5 fumbles per contest.

I noticed w the Ironton back Carrico - he has not really been able to gain seperation against defenders outside the OVC. In comparison to the Talyn Parker kid at Portsmouth it doesnt seem like Carrico or Fosson have any legitimate big play ability.

And Salyers passing:
He is 46 for 96 so he completes 48% of his passes which is less than half. Has only thrown 4 TD passes thru 8 games and 7 picks.

Irontons leading receiver Brycen Thomas has caught 12 passes thru 8 games. Thats 1.5 receptions per game. At 1.5 catches per game he is irontons leading receiver. Irontons offense = One dimensional. No consistent, explosive, big play ability.

Gallias leading receiver has 21 catches for 372 yards. Thats 2.6/3 catches per game.
Gallias QB Mclellan has 63 completions 109 attempts. Thats 57.7/58% completion average. - they are more balanced/diverse and have a better mix of size and speed. Gallias QB almost completes 60% of his passes. Irontons secondary is horrendous and has been torched through the air this season often. This issue dates back to the last couple Lutz seasons and has held true since. For whatever reason Ironton cannot coach up a satisfactory pass defense. - I attribute it in part to a very real lack of team speed. Poor in coverage every season.

Rushing - Ironton by the numbers is a one man show but Carrico is no Talyn Parker. He does not have the ability to take a game over when keyed on. Gallia is more running back by committe and their offensive diversity compliments the running game where Irontons backs ( Carricoe/Fossom) are on an island due to the one trick pony attack.

To me - not much has changed w ironton.

- They struggle to produce thru the air.

They have one primary weapon and mode of attack - (STILL ) and Carrico is not a Jermon Jackson. He lacks the ability to dominate if keyed on.

- they have no real big play ability. - they have to grind out everything. Don't let the spread or pistol formations fool ya because they are still playing slow ball.

- they struggle mightily defending the pass. Every team w a halfway decent passing game has torched irontons secondary on plays thru the air this season.

- They turn the ball over and they average around 70 yards in penalties per contest.

The game plan for Gallia is an easy one. Crowd the box. Key on carrico and make salyers throw. Ironton doesnt have the speed to seperate and Gallia can gamble with their linebackers all night. Salyers is gonna live under durress.

Lastly, Gallia is bigger and faster and more seniors on their offensive and defensive lines. That is a recipe for success for the Devils.

In a game where both teams are so close in just about every metric I think it comes down to three key elements.

1. Composure - edge Gallia. - Ironton has had composure/on field conduct issues in tightly contested games this season. For all the Tiger fans who kept saying all year that they wanted a more disciplined team more than anything this must dissapoint. They have failed in that metric. ( turnovers/penalties)

2. Turnovers - Ironton just cannot take care of the rock.

3. Penalties - see above. Both penalties and turnovers edge goes to GA.

Final prediction

GA 21 Ironton 7 - as Ironton falls to 1 -3 vs teams above .500 and fails to secure a win through 9 games vs an
in state opponent with an above .500 record.

Sidenotes: how horrible does a conference have to be when the two teams battling for your crown have each only defeated one opponent above .500 and one of the teams have failed to defeat an in state opponent above .500? 😂😂 TURRIBLE!! ( Charles Barkley voice)

Sidenote: Portsmouth could also potentially defeat Ironton. Why? Two words: Talyn Parker.

Have a good Friday folks.

PS. Will the goal posts be painted blue again? 🤔

Return to “Football”