Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: Final 4: Wheelersburg vs. Johnstown

Post by Sport Fan »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:25 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm Terrible because when I left the game I knew everyone would come out of the woods talking about burg and what they think happened. Well here we are and there the few of you are, where he been all year?? Forget the JM offense and burgs defense, the offense couldn't get anything going, never really even tried to run the ball. I'm guessing burg had what 7 first downs or so if that.
Because if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck
Urban where do you live , address please

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:22 pm Terrible because when I left the game I knew everyone would come out of the woods talking about burg and what they think happened. Well here we are and there the few of you are, where he been all year?? Forget the JM offense and burgs defense, the offense couldn't get anything going, never really even tried to run the ball. I'm guessing burg had what 7 first downs or so if that.
I guess I don't understand the dwelling on something that has been ruled on. I'd just hate to think that I held so much animonicty towards a group that it would consume me like it has you. Hate to see high school sports do that to someone, I will pray for you and hope you find peace.
Greygoose. You don’t know the half of it. The local teams thrive in the defeat of a burg team. When you say you’re from burg to someone, they always give you a look. This is like sharks to the water to them. The perfect storm. Grown men will party tonight over a high school football team losing.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm
bleed_blue wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 pm

Go Burg! 2017 state champs. 2018 region 20 champs

You can add 1989 State Champs to that as well
If that makes you feel better

The jigs up. OHSAA and competition are aware of the ways. Better ramp up the recruiting

There we go knew you couldn’t go much longer without bringing up recruiting. Don’t enjoy tonight too much I know you’ve dreamed about this for awhile.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

I guess I don't understand the dwelling on something that has been ruled on. I'd just hate to think that I held so much animonicty towards a group that it would consume me like it has you. Hate to see high school sports do that to someone, I will pray for you and hope you find peace.
Well I appreciate that. But let me ask this. Are we in the wrong talking about something we know is wrong, or a program of adults that knowingly run a program in the "gray" area, which in turn cheats programs and kids that don't operate like that?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm

Well I appreciate that. But let me ask this. Are we in the wrong talking about something we know is wrong, or a program of adults that knowingly run a program in the "gray" area, which in turn cheats programs and kids that don't operate like that?
Urban you should have went with the people from Madison to see the OHSAA. Seems like you have the evidence. I like how you’ve given no credit to Johnstown.

Kyberjay
Waterboy

Post by Kyberjay »

Agree... urban take your sour grapes and go home... and do t root for the Johnnies please... we don’t want fans like you.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:40 pm

Urban you should have went with the people from Madison to see the OHSAA. Seems like you have the evidence. I like how you’ve given no credit to Johnstown.
Cmon Urban knows more about Wheelersburg than Wheelersburg does.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Johnstown is a fine team. Very deserving to win. Good for them that they played this week instead of last so that had a fair shot to do so

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Actually, I’m fatigued about the whole Madison thing. I know it never happened. I’ve went away from this game in which credit must be given. Johnstown had burgs number. The backs ran hard. They wanted. Good luck Johnstown in the state finals. Your fans will enjoy the week leading up to it. Hopefully you come out with a state title. I know you guys have had numerous winning seasons. Be nice to get the big one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

To use this thread for it, yes. I get the frustrations I just prefer to stick to the game and give the Johnnies all the credit they deserve and not take away from the accomplishments those seniors for burg have gathered in their career. By the attacks I feel you try and take away from the real focus which should be on the group of 15-18 year old young men that play this great game. Calling out adults should be done face to face or a phone call whichever, just not here.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

You Should have checked all the eligibility of all the transfers! 🙄😳

BurgGrad92
Waterboy

Post by BurgGrad92 »

Urban wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:15 pm
Whynot wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:10 pm Burg’s defense didn’t seam to slant the right direction all night. Must’ve been bad luck.
Absolutely amazing. Same team couldn't do anything last year runs allover them. Imagine that
Burg was just better last year. Better defense and better O line. This years team was good...but they weren’t the caliber of last years team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad92 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:48 pm
Whynot wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:10 pm Burg’s defense didn’t seam to slant the right direction all night. Must’ve been bad luck.
Absolutely amazing. Same team couldn't do anything last year runs allover them. Imagine that
Burg was just better last year. Better defense and better O line. This years team was good...but they weren’t the caliber of last years team.
It's hard to replicate especially when the target is placed square on your back to start the year and gets bigger with each playoff win. Hoping the Johnnies don't have a lull because this was such a big win, makes me wonder about how ready burg was given everything they put into the Madison game.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

I actually think this years Oline was better than last but the big difference was the D line and the loss of Carmichael but Burg fans knew those were going to be holes that needed to be filled to have a chance at back to back titles.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:53 pm

It's hard to replicate especially when the target is placed square on your back to start the year and gets bigger with each playoff win. Hoping the Johnnies don't have a lull because this was such a big win, makes me wonder about how ready burg was given everything they put into the Madison game.
I think Johnstown speed was the difference

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Unfortunately this is true. They definitely got worse by losing guys like Carmichael, Parsley, and others. That 2017 Burg D was a run-stopping machine. No way would that D get run on like they did tonight.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Otto wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:56 pm

Unfortunately this is true. They definitely got worse by losing guys like Carmichael, Parsley, and others. That 2017 Burg D was a run-stopping machine. No way would that D get run on like they did tonight.
Very true but burg had a great season. Regional champs/soc champs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:54 pm

Oh definitely, Johnnies running plays so quick gave burg no time to shift or read formation clearly. Cuts down on the ability to do stunts as well just running plays so quick and the speed in which they hit they hole.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:57 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:54 pm

Oh definitely, Johnnies running plays so quick gave burg no time to shift or read formation clearly. Cuts down on the ability to do stunts as well just running plays so quick and the speed in which they hit they hole.
Right and someone eluded to the fact of last years d line. They were able to negate the initial push.

Urban
Riding the Bench

Post by Urban »

Wheelersburg has excellent team speed. That isn't the reason. You have 2 and 29 and only score 2 touchdowns? That shouldn't happen. Going back to the first round game last year their offense struggles when the other team has athletes. They take advantage of local teams because they don't have the speed or skill to play those 2 in space. But going back to last year, the good teams they beat by defense

Return to “Football”