2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

pistol
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by pistol »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:21 pm
pistol wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 am The Ironton coach is unproven as a head coach. The previous coach would probably have had the same record last year. He seems to be a good strength/conditioning coach but he really needs to step it up this year to show he’s ready to be a head coach

Wow. How can you say that’s he unproven. First off. I guarantee you never played in the BIG10. So he’s already got about 10up on You. In Dec of 2017. Ironton. No coach.

June 2018 finally got a coach. NOv 2018. He has them in the playoffs. Your statement of him being unproven ??? Shwooo

Has he ever been a head coach or even a co-ordinater? Not to my knowledge. And being a player , even in the Big 10, doesn’t translate into being a successful head coach. He didn’t even win the conference last year. All I’m saying is, let’s see how he does this year with all that talent to coach

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

pistol wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:25 pm
pistol wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 am The Ironton coach is unproven as a head coach. The previous coach would probably have had the same record last year. He seems to be a good strength/conditioning coach but he really needs to step it up this year to show he’s ready to be a head coach

Wow. How can you say that’s he unproven. First off. I guarantee you never played in the BIG10. So he’s already got about 10up on You. In Dec of 2017. Ironton. No coach.

June 2018 finally got a coach. NOv 2018. He has them in the playoffs. Your statement of him being unproven ??? Shwooo

Has he ever been a head coach or even a co-ordinater? Not to my knowledge. And being a player , even in the Big 10, doesn’t translate into being a successful head coach. He didn’t even win the conference last year. All I’m saying is, let’s see how he does this year with all that talent to coach
A coach can make or break a program. Burg has amazing coaches and can turn any kid it seems to a really good player. I agree with you.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
ravensfan09
JV Team

Post by ravensfan09 »

JTEK wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:34 am
Is Triplett still helping?
Absolutely....he is really the man that runs the show.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I understand your thought process. But to me. It sounds like you are wanting him to fail. For a couple reasons. One. Being he came in. Less than 90days from opening kickoff. Let along out an off season workout together to BUILD a program. Took what he had. Made them believers. And conference champs or not. He and the ironton tigers played week 11. That speaks VOLUMES!!!! Now. He’s had a time. To get players out. Get players to come. To a historic program. Regardless who is helping. He’s got the numbers out. He’s got the enthusiasm up. He’s got support. He’s got pride. And now he’s the AD. And. Instead if sayin. Man I-Town. We have had a guy come in. Less than two years. Get us to the play-offs Got our numbers WAY UP. And more excited and enthusiastic people about ironton football than we have seen in years !! Let’s get behind this guy 110% and go to the next level!! That’s what I’m saying.

But you. Yiu said. Well. Let’s see if this guy can win with all this talent now. Talk about mr negative town.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

Didn't mean to sound negative, thought I was just pointing out the obvious. Good luck to the Tigers!

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

pistol wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:28 pm Didn't mean to sound negative, thought I was just pointing out the obvious. Good luck to the Tigers!
If you think triplet is running the show you are not close to this program , he’s a great resource for Trevon to use and lean on but there’s no question this is Trevons team

pistol
Freshman Team

Post by pistol »

I believe ravensfan made that statement

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm

I understand your thought process. But to me. It sounds like you are wanting him to fail. For a couple reasons. One. Being he came in. Less than 90days from opening kickoff. Let along out an off season workout together to BUILD a program. Took what he had. Made them believers. And conference champs or not. He and the ironton tigers played week 11. That speaks VOLUMES!!!! Now. He’s had a time. To get players out. Get players to come. To a historic program. Regardless who is helping. He’s got the numbers out. He’s got the enthusiasm up. He’s got support. He’s got pride. And now he’s the AD. And. Instead if sayin. Man I-Town. We have had a guy come in. Less than two years. Get us to the play-offs Got our numbers WAY UP. And more excited and enthusiastic people about ironton football than we have seen in years !! Let’s get behind this guy 110% and go to the next level!! That’s what I’m saying.

But you. Yiu said. Well. Let’s see if this guy can win with all this talent now. Talk about mr negative town.
thank you county. I was getting ready to post something very similar. and I saw this. your post is spot on. some want to see Pendleton fail. some want him to succeed. but if you're a tiger fan you want him to. and then there are people like county outside our program that appreciate seeing a man step right in, on the dawn of a new season. then havea winning season, make the playoffs. and barely lost to Johnstown Monroe. who was in the state title game. now the numbers have doubled and tiger football is alive again. I'm like you I'm 110 behind coach Pendleton and his staff. and as far as the open enrollment goes, that's mute point, everybody has it. and it gives public schools a shot at competing with the private schools that assemble all star teams. when burg falls, if they do. it's gonna hurt. because their posters here are so rash at times. they forget the domination at the hands of the fighting tigers up till 2007. when the only won 3 of em. it should say bob lutz press box there at the pirate ship because he owned their place. and now me thinks it's getting ready to get real again. and the bottom line is it's great for both programs and southern ohio football in general. I think the coach is doing an amazing job promoting his program. and colleges from all over the country are visiting ironton high. and tanks memorial stadium is quite the spectacle and between tiger alley and the ole tanks locker room, you can bet it turns into a memorable experience for these coaches. I love trevon's youth movement. it's serving us well, and causing jealousy elsewhere.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and the fact coach triplett is on board is just extra gravy on the biscuits, cause this mountain man has been coaching all over the country, literally. and has a vast chest of experience and tricks up his sleeve. don't see him pullin out anytime soon. he took over after coach lutz when ironton was in the seoal and had a winning season and made the playoffs in one single season before coach lutz unretired. so at man can coach too, and been doing it over 45 years himself.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I saw today where reid carrico from the tigers is visiting at Clemson. saw a pictureof him leaning against the rock that the players touch coming out of the stadium. maybe howard's rock I'm thinking. not quite sure. but an awesome university to visit. he may be the next in line after roman fry to play there. roman was an all American tackle there from ironton. I'm sure roman n dabo is in one ear and coach ryan day and urban is in the other.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm

thank you county. I was getting ready to post something very similar. and I saw this. your post is spot on. some want to see Pendleton fail. some want him to succeed. but if you're a tiger fan you want him to. and then there are people like county outside our program that appreciate seeing a man step right in, on the dawn of a new season. then havea winning season, make the playoffs. and barely lost to Johnstown Monroe. who was in the state title game. now the numbers have doubled and tiger football is alive again. I'm like you I'm 110 behind coach Pendleton and his staff. and as far as the open enrollment goes, that's mute point, everybody has it. and it gives public schools a shot at competing with the private schools that assemble all star teams. when burg falls, if they do. it's gonna hurt. because their posters here are so rash at times. they forget the domination at the hands of the fighting tigers up till 2007. when the only won 3 of em. it should say bob lutz press box there at the pirate ship because he owned their place. and now me thinks it's getting ready to get real again. and the bottom line is it's great for both programs and southern ohio football in general. I think the coach is doing an amazing job promoting his program. and colleges from all over the country are visiting ironton high. and tanks memorial stadium is quite the spectacle and between tiger alley and the ole tanks locker room, you can bet it turns into a memorable experience for these coaches. I love trevon's youth movement. it's serving us well, and causing jealousy elsewhere.
Be nice YTB, "Christian" remember? Speaking on Burg posters being rash? Let's take a trip back in time..."it's only Ashland!"...."Ironton would never play in the OVC!" Ironton posters aren't rash,huh? Look at the difference one year makes! World beaters again... toot toot! You speak on Burg being owned by Ironton and Lutz name should be on Burg's press box? How was your attitude towards ol Bob back at the state title game on his 4th and 1 call? By the way, Ironton 8 trips to state...2 titles 25% winning percentage...Burg 2 trips to state...100% winning percentage! You stated a few posts back about getting down this way more this year. May I make a suggestion? When you come down, come down early so you can walk through Burg high school hallways and check out their trophy case then, walk through Ironton's high's hallways before you go into Tank Stadium...you might be enlightened! Talk about a school good at EVERYTHING in sports... oh yes, almost forgot don't forget to check out Burg's academic prowess too!

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Wheelersburg is the new kids on the block and have been for a little while but sorry to bust your bubble they aren’t the program Ironton was in the late 70’s thru the 90’s 30 years of dominate football , wheelersburg is a great program now and proven to be the best in the last few years but not like the old tigers , now to be fair ironton is nowhere near the program it was during that time period either what you hear is the pride coming back the excitement coming back the enthusiasm going back from team and leaking out to the community, and I sure the last thing a burg fan wants is for Pendleton to pull this program out of the bottom and back to the top , if he don’t its not gonna be from lack or work , effort or coaching ability . Crying about open enrollment is just silly , it’s ok when your school benefits from it but when another school does it wrong , you win and have a strong program kids will move in that’s the way it’s been forever .. that’s enough Rambling but I will say one thing for sure the tigers are on the rise and I wouldn’t wanna be the team playing them

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This whole conversation didn’t start who’s program is better. Or has more state titles. This. That. So forth. The conversation was started over the new coach. And the new fluke first year and no experience at OC head coach so forth and see if he could win now the talents that’s there. There was no bad on either tha burg or irontons programs , the series between the two so forth.

It was about a statement regarding the coach that he’s unproven. Posters saying he is. Other posters saying he’s not. That was the latest conversation. Not who’s program is better over the history of time. For goodness sakes they are two of the most storied high school football programs in SEO.

Was talking to a kid that plays high school football in Texas last night. Just following the kid and his doings and I may add he’s a stud. But for once we got on local schools from OH. And this Texas kid. Said yea SEO football is not bad. I hear schools like Ironton Wheelrsburg and Jackson are the top dogs of that area. Then follow is it up with isn’t that the are Joe Burrow is from?? And that a kid that’s a junior from the state of Texas !!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Max opinion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm Wheelersburg is the new kids on the block and have been for a little while but sorry to bust your bubble they aren’t the program Ironton was in the late 70’s thru the 90’s 30 years of dominate football , wheelersburg is a great program now and proven to be the best in the last few years but not like the old tigers , now to be fair ironton is nowhere near the program it was during that time period either what you hear is the pride coming back the excitement coming back the enthusiasm going back from team and leaking out to the community, and I sure the last thing a burg fan wants is for Pendleton to pull this program out of the bottom and back to the top , if he don’t its not gonna be from lack or work , effort or coaching ability . Crying about open enrollment is just silly , it’s ok when your school benefits from it but when another school does it wrong , you win and have a strong program kids will move in that’s the way it’s been forever .. that’s enough Rambling but I will say one thing for sure the tigers are on the rise and I wouldn’t wanna be the team playing them
You are misinformed. Burg is every bit of the program ironton was. Ironton has more wins than burg only because they’ve played about 50 more years than burg but if you check winning percentage, burg is fourth in state while ironton isn’t in the top 15. I’ll give credit as to say ironton should have at least one more state.

Burg is not afraid of the “rise” as you call it. And there is a difference between open enrollment and open season. Pendleton has brought excitement to ironton, that I’ll give him but there’s some stuff that doesn’t seem right.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

laser breath wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:09 pm
Max opinion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm Wheelersburg is the new kids on the block and have been for a little while but sorry to bust your bubble they aren’t the program Ironton was in the late 70’s thru the 90’s 30 years of dominate football , wheelersburg is a great program now and proven to be the best in the last few years but not like the old tigers , now to be fair ironton is nowhere near the program it was during that time period either what you hear is the pride coming back the excitement coming back the enthusiasm going back from team and leaking out to the community, and I sure the last thing a burg fan wants is for Pendleton to pull this program out of the bottom and back to the top , if he don’t its not gonna be from lack or work , effort or coaching ability . Crying about open enrollment is just silly , it’s ok when your school benefits from it but when another school does it wrong , you win and have a strong program kids will move in that’s the way it’s been forever .. that’s enough Rambling but I will say one thing for sure the tigers are on the rise and I wouldn’t wanna be the team playing them
You are misinformed. Burg is every bit of the program ironton was. Ironton has more wins than burg only because they’ve played about 50 more years than burg but if you check winning percentage, burg is fourth in state while ironton isn’t in the top 15. I’ll give credit as to say ironton should have at least one more state.

Burg is not afraid of the “rise” as you call it. And there is a difference between open enrollment and open season. Pendleton has brought excitement to ironton, that I’ll give him but there’s some stuff that doesn’t seem right.

On both sides

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:07 pm

On both sides
I'll just say this, Wheelersburg's coaching staff spending 4 years re-creating the program from the pee-wee levels up to high school is not the same as a coach coming in and in one year gathering at least 4-5 kids from surrounding schools. I too believe Pendleton will be a good coach, but he has not proved this to be fact yet. Just because you have one kid garnering national attention does not make you a good coach. Pendleton seems like a good guy, but I have heard rumblings of some questionable things. I don't have any evidence (other than people talking about it) that this is happening it just isn't a good look for a coach only in his second year. I hope it isn't true and that it doesn't catch up with him.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:32 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:07 pm

On both sides
I'll just say this, Wheelersburg's coaching staff spending 4 years re-creating the program from the pee-wee levels up to high school is not the same as a coach coming in and in one year gathering at least 4-5 kids from surrounding schools. I too believe Pendleton will be a good coach, but he has not proved this to be fact yet. Just because you have one kid garnering national attention does not make you a good coach. Pendleton seems like a good guy, but I have heard rumblings of some questionable things. I don't have any evidence (other than people talking about it) that this is happening it just isn't a good look for a coach only in his second year. I hope it isn't true and that it doesn't catch up with him.
Same thing about the burg program

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Only rumblings are from outside the program, your a good example of that trying to make it seem like he’s doing illegal things , hes not a good coach blah , blah , blah . I don’t render saying anything about Ironton having a player who has over 40 D1 offers makes him a good coach , he work ethic , he’s devotion to the game and the kids is why he’s a good coach. ALL the kids have bought into his program and him all this talk from burg folks will go away when its shown on the field in about a month.. and burg will never be the program Ironton was its as simple as that and you’ve been informed correctly now

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Max opinion wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:06 pm Only rumblings are from outside the program, your a good example of that trying to make it seem like he’s doing illegal things , hes not a good coach blah , blah , blah . I don’t render saying anything about Ironton having a player who has over 40 D1 offers makes him a good coach , he work ethic , he’s devotion to the game and the kids is why he’s a good coach. ALL the kids have bought into his program and him all this talk from burg folks will go away when its shown on the field in about a month.. and burg will never be the program Ironton was its as simple as that and you’ve been informed correctly now
I literally said I think he is going to be a good coach, or did you miss that part? I know Trevon personally, and I think he is a good guy, which is why I said I hope it isn't true. Relax big guy.
Last edited by spider2Ybanana on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I thought this thread was about the Fighting Tiger outlook for the season, not a peeing contest with Wheelersburg and vice versus. There’s already a thread on Ironton vs Wheelersburg.

Let’s get back on topic

The Fighting Tigers will be good, let’s prove it on the field. Good luck to both Teams this year.

Go Fighting Tigers....
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”