Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 pm I’m not sure if it’s possible but possibly we could discuss the upcoming game ?

What does Ashland try to do offensively? Run first or Pass First? Good QB?
Ashland has two speedy backs. Defensively it’s hard to say if they’re good because they’ve played some teams that aren’t very good. Burg is healthier than last week but not completely healthy.

As far as the posters who come to bash burg, let them because it won’t last long. This team when healthy is good.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Well, the way I’m seeing it is probably 0-3 after Friday nite and then Wheelersburg is on the cusp of not making the playoffs if they lose a fourth. so that means they have to win 7 in a row and the odds are not favorable my eyes. Healthy or not they would have been 0-2 either way. So all the pressure is on the Pirates this Friday and this will be a very big uphill game for them. Good luck to all for a safe game.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Hopefully Matthews is back this week!
Last edited by PirateFan[69] on Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm I was told by a big Burg fan today, that the Burg is down 8 guys,
I'm sorry if that's true, Ashland will win by 3 TD's
Burg is only down three guys.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:49 am
Mavrick2016 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:15 pm I was told by a big Burg fan today, that the Burg is down 8 guys,
I'm sorry if that's true, Ashland will win by 3 TD's
Burg is only down three guys.
Unless you’re certain Matthews is back, there’s 4 key players out (RB, QB/WR, CB/WR, RB/WR) plus at least one other defensive linemen out.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I wouldn’t bring anybody back to fast, not worth it. One week makes big difference

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 am
LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 pm I’m not sure if it’s possible but possibly we could discuss the upcoming game ?

What does Ashland try to do offensively? Run first or Pass First? Good QB?
Ashland has two speedy backs. Defensively it’s hard to say if they’re good because they’ve played some teams that aren’t very good. Burg is healthier than last week but not completely healthy.

As far as the posters who come to bash burg, let them because it won’t last long. This team when healthy is good.
💯

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

IMO Wheelersburg lost to two teams that will be playing deep into the playoffs. No shame in that.
I do think that Wheelersburg needs to win 2 of the next 3 to qualify for the playoffs.
*I feel a little like Jim Mora talking about the playoffs with the team being 0-2 but that's where we are.
I'm sure the rest of the SOC will have a lot to say as to whether they make the playoffs also but it won't matter if they don't win two out of three during this stretch.
The new season starts on Friday Pirates.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm a little surprised that there are not more people from Ashland that post on here. I know there are a lot of " Non-Burg " fans, or " Haters " as they're called on here. You read any thread that has anything at all about the Burg, and 95% of the people posting, are either from the Burg , or are loyal fans and supporters. I can say I'm neither, a fan or a Hater, just a football fan in general.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm I'm a little surprised that there are not more people from Ashland that post on here. I know there are a lot of " Non-Burg " fans, or " Haters " as they're called on here. You read any thread that has anything at all about the Burg, and 95% of the people posting, are either from the Burg , or are loyal fans and supporters. I can say I'm neither, a fan or a Hater, just a football fan in general.
Kentucky has their own site Bluegrass Rivals that’s where the Ashland folks are

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm I'm a little surprised that there are not more people from Ashland that post on here. I know there are a lot of " Non-Burg " fans, or " Haters " as they're called on here. You read any thread that has anything at all about the Burg, and 95% of the people posting, are either from the Burg , or are loyal fans and supporters. I can say I'm neither, a fan or a Hater, just a football fan in general.
We have very few Kentucky posters in general and possibly the Ohio in the name of our site naturally discouraged them. It’s a good point.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Tripaces wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:18 pm
That’s a better answer.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Big game for the Pirates this weekend. IMO if the offense can find some rhythm and an identity, they can win this game. I don't feel the defense is as bad as the two scores have shown the first two weeks but when they are on the field as much as they are, it is tough to continuously get stops. The offense needs to take some of that pressure off of the defense and put together a few drive that take up some time, or at the very least not give Ashland short fields to work with.

This week will also be big in the sense of confidence moving forward. If they are able to pull out a win against an undefeated (D3) school, it could propel them into the second half of the season. There is a lot of football to be played, but I think if the Pirates right the ship this week, they can find themselves right in the thick of things come playoff time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Tripaces wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Thank you, was not aware of that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandO72 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:46 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:24 am

💯
They were healthy week one and got beat like a drum. 😂😂
No they were healthy until the 3rd qtr when it was 10-6. You better be back on here when things change. It’s a long season. They will change.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

💯

No they weren't!!!

They lost there starting QB in Matthew Miller which forced them to do something drastic in placing Matthews at QB. Had they placed the Sophomore Master's at QB the outcome may have been different against your tiggers. Burg proved what they could do with Matthews at TB.

I think all of Burg wants to see a rematch with both teams healthy. Unless Burg can get healthy and get a win on Friday it's probably not going to happen.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

There he is...I knew ol Kiss and Hug72 couldn’t keep our Pirates off her mind...lol It’s a borderline obsession now (Pirate fans better keep an eye on their pet rabbits)...you have more posts on the Pirate threads than most Pirate fans combined...They are a fascinating group aren’t they? I love it 😘

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:55 pm

💯
No they were healthy until the 3rd qtr when it was 10-6. You better be back on here when things change. It’s a long season. They will change.
But the burg base said they were 5 deep? 🤷‍♂️😂

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:59 pm

💯

The burg base said they were 5 deep at QB and they "dont rebuild they reload." What happened to that? Lmao

No they weren't!!!

They lost there starting QB in Matthew Miller which forced them to do something drastic in placing Matthews at QB. Had they placed the Sophomore Master's at QB the outcome may have been different against your tiggers. Burg proved what they could do with Matthews at TB.

I think all of Burg wants to see a rematch with both teams healthy. Unless Burg can get healthy and get a win on Friday it's probably not going to happen.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

My,my my Wheelersburg fans complaining about other people (non Burgites) posting on their thread,ain't that special. You reap what you sow boys and girls

Return to “Football”