Waverly 13 - 48 Amanda CC

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: WK 5: Amanda Clearcreek (4-0) @ Waverly (3-1)

Post by VetteMan »

Shoemaker is a great talent, and I think Waverly will score some points. I keep going back to the fact that I think the big problem for Waverly is and will be there defense. Whoever wins the LOS, and has the least amount of turnovers, I feel like will win this ballgame. Lets hope that both teams will have an injury free game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:16 pm Shoemaker is a great talent, and I think Waverly will score some points. I keep going back to the fact that I think the big problem for Waverly is and will be there defense. Whoever wins the LOS, and has the least amount of turnovers, I feel like will win this ballgame. Lets hope that both teams will have an injury free game.
Yes, the defense - stopping the run - is the main issue. However, with Shanks out (or limited), the offense is hampered. The offense was built around what Shanks was able to do. Changes were made to escape Fairland with a W but that same scheme/plan will not beat Amanda. Shoemaker is a great, great talent but Amanda will not let him run for 362 yards on 41 carries and it’s unconscionable to think the staff would put that load on the young man again. If he didn’t have to play a down of defense it might be different. It’s been said over and over but an athlete like Will Futhey has to touch the ball more than 2 times (2 catches at Fairland). The ball should be in his hands 10-15 times a game. Wolf, Stulley & Morrison are genuine threats. Zeke Brown, while out right now, is a beast. Shoemaker needs his 20-25 carries but to beat Amanda the offense is going to have to be more diverse. WAVERLY HAS THE TALENT AND PLAYMAKERS!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:50 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:16 pm Shoemaker is a great talent, and I think Waverly will score some points. I keep going back to the fact that I think the big problem for Waverly is and will be there defense. Whoever wins the LOS, and has the least amount of turnovers, I feel like will win this ballgame. Lets hope that both teams will have an injury free game.
Yes, the defense - stopping the run - is the main issue. However, with Shanks out (or limited), the offense is hampered. The offense was built around what Shanks was able to do. Changes were made to escape Fairland with a W but that same scheme/plan will not beat Amanda. Shoemaker is a great, great talent but Amanda will not let him run for 362 yards on 41 carries and it’s unconscionable to think the staff would put that load on the young man again. If he didn’t have to play a down of defense it might be different. It’s been said over and over but an athlete like Will Futhey has to touch the ball more than 2 times (2 catches at Fairland). The ball should be in his hands 10-15 times a game. Wolf, Stulley & Morrison are genuine threats. Zeke Brown, while out right now, is a beast. Shoemaker needs his 20-25 carries but to beat Amanda the offense is going to have to be more diverse. WAVERLY HAS THE TALENT AND PLAYMAKERS!
Well said and good luck this Friday!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

DING DING DING, perfectly put. Good Luck to you guys Friday night, Aces are stout but beatable and it's going to take more than Shoe to do it.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Whatever the answer to Shanks is, let's not share it. Pretty sure Fairland knew about defensive changes because of this forum.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Shoedaddy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:04 pm Whatever the answer to Shanks is, let's not share it. Pretty sure Fairland knew about defensive changes because of this forum.
I doubt Fairland knew about any changes, especially from this forum. No one on here knew about the changes or if they did they didn't share them.
Even if the staff implemented every change we fans mention on here, opposing teams would not have the opportunity to see it until it slaps them in the face on Friday night. Unless Amanda sends spies to watch Waverly practices this week they won't have any idea what kind of changes have been made.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

smurray wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:23 pm
Shoedaddy wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:04 pm Whatever the answer to Shanks is, let's not share it. Pretty sure Fairland knew about defensive changes because of this forum.
I doubt Fairland knew about any changes, especially from this forum. No one on here knew about the changes or if they did they didn't share them.
Even if the staff implemented every change we fans mention on here, opposing teams would not have the opportunity to see it until it slaps them in the face on Friday night. Unless Amanda sends spies to watch Waverly practices this week they won't have any idea what kind of changes have been made.
There's a new fella that's been staying in a house down on 1st avenue this week up across from the stadium. He's been seen frequenting the Subway, Little Caesar's and Wendy's daily and he goes out 220 & Tiger drive daily around the high school and has been seen parking and walking around the stadium downtown a couple days this week in the late afternoons. He drives a black pickup truck with orange stripes and has been wearing Orange & Black clothing which blends right in @ Waverly . The only problem I see is that Amanda has the same colors and his license plate reads " Aces#1" .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Haha

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lol, heck if that's the case let's hope every team pays attention to this forum. 41 carries and 362 yards later I don't think they learned anything, lol. Everyone knows about shanks and honestly there's been some talk on here that you are just sort of waving a flag at when you say, don't talk about it. Lol. Defensively fairland only put up 21 if they knew of changes should've put up much more and made it look easy. Lowest output outside an ironton defense that is much much better than Waverlys.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am
DING DING DING, perfectly put. Good Luck to you guys Friday night, Aces are stout but beatable and it's going to take more than Shoe to do it.
greygoose wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:59 am
Aces are beatable......just not by waverly. 41-14 Aces win this one going away.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Zeke is fully released and fully going at practice

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Aces roll

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
OhioHS football
Waterboy

Post by OhioHS football »

Did Fairland have some trouble snapping the ball? Heard that was a big factor.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

OhioHS football wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm Did Fairland have some trouble snapping the ball? Heard that was a big factor.
They had a few bad exchanges. Not sure who was at fault, snapper or QB. It hurt them.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

When is gametime ? It's a nice day for a drive from C-bus down 23 so I think i'm gonna take this one in. Any rain in the forecast ?

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 am When is gametime ? It's a nice day for a drive from C-bus down 23 so I think i'm gonna take this one in. Any rain in the forecast ?
Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00pm. No rain in the forecast. Should be a great night for football and a great game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OldTiger wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:27 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 am When is gametime ? It's a nice day for a drive from C-bus down 23 so I think i'm gonna take this one in. Any rain in the forecast ?
Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00pm. No rain in the forecast. Should be a great night for football and a great game.
Thanks OldTiger.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Good luck Waverly big game for points and a win today would avenge that Unioto loss before getting ready for conference play

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:39 pm Good luck Waverly big game for points and a win today would avenge that Unioto loss before getting ready for conference play
Gonna be a tall order for the Tigers in the current situation but they have the athletes too compete with and beat anyone on their schedule. Defense MUST come up with some big stops.....

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

The defense will definitely have to play better than they have all year and they need to come out ready to play. Mistakes will be capitalized by good teams..

Return to “Football”