SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK5 JACKSON. vs THA BURG ‘19

Post by Ironman92 »

Back ups all in for Jackson

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

After seeing this performance by Burg, I’m gonna say burg finishes 6-4 and doesn’t win the SOC. I’ve been optimistic this whole time but tonight it was hard to watch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg scores with 1:03 remaining

35-15

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Good win Jackson...nothing spectacular...just ran at us and pushed us off the ball. Hope the Ironmen finish out strong. Burg should be ok in SOC but less confident than previous years. The bunch of sophomores playing are gaining valuable experience.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great win Ironman92. 5-0. Not too shabby.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Proud to be an Ironmen fan! Not because we beat Burg but because I watched a TEAM of focused kids accomplish their goal for tonight. Didn’t get beat deep, didn’t have crippling personal fouls, stayed contained in our lanes and assignments....made plays when the time arose.

👏👏👏👏👏

Coaching staff did a great job all around and the play put in for Winters to run, I guess that worked pretty well lol.

Great game by the whole team...Jared Icenhower jumped in at cornerback and did a great job! Offensively IMO he has his play of the year eluding that sack and running it before half. Both lines were great. Special team was great. Joey Richison is a beast! All backs ran well. Defensive backs did NOT get beat deep👏👏👏. Winters came in and made some huge plays and had another called back. Twelve rushes for 130 yards. Brice Graham big plays on defense.

Evan Spires proved he might be THE smartest linebacker around on where the ball is going. He’s been incredible...unbelievable. TWO pick 6’s to put the game out of reach and had a 70 yard reception for TD called back.

Great Jackson win! Tremendous focus.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Burg struggled outside of their running back. Hopefully they can bounce back and run the table...but they’ll have to limit the turnovers to beat Waverly and Minford. Good Luck

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:32 pm Burg is finally on a roll. Don't see them losing this one! 31-14 Burg
:P :P :P :lol:

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

All we heard was how strong and fast this burg team was and that may be but they don’t have enough football players

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

JTEK wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm All we heard was how strong and fast this burg team was and that may be but they don’t have enough football players
Agree. All year I’ve heard that this is the fastest and strongest team that Burg has ever had. I guess I’m just not seeing it so far.

Hoping Burg can play well and get their first Ohio Win next week against 5-0 Minford.

GO BURG!!!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:57 pm Proud to be an Ironmen fan! Not because we beat Burg but because I watched a TEAM of focused kids accomplish their goal for tonight. Didn’t get beat deep, didn’t have crippling personal fouls, stayed contained in our lanes and assignments....made plays when the time arose.

👏👏👏👏👏

Coaching staff did a great job all around and the play put in for Winters to run, I guess that worked pretty well lol.

Great game by the whole team...Jared Icenhower jumper in at cornerback and did a great job! Offensively IMAi he has his play of the year eluding that sack and running it before half. Both lines were great. Special team was great. Joey Richison is a beast! All backs ran well. Defensive backs did NOT get beat deep👏👏👏. Winters came in and made some huge plays and had another called back. Twelve rushes for 130 yards. Brice Graham big plays on defense.

Evan Spires proved he might be THE smartest linebacker around on where the ball is going. He’s been incredible...unbelievable. TWO pick 6’s to put the game out of reach and had a 70 yard reception for TD called back.

Great Jackson win! Tremendous focus.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Awesome rundown I92......and with ya 110%. Proud to be an Ironmen fan......great win. Great focus. One game at a time.
They physically pushed em all over the field and imposed their will. Those seniors deserved to go out with a win against tha burg.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:32 pm Burg is finally on a roll. Don't see them losing this one! 31-14 Burg
:P :P :P :lol:

Trench the Ironmen pushed em around from the opening kickoff to the final gun. Physically beat em up.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:23 pm After seeing this performance by Burg, I’m gonna say burg finishes 6-4 and doesn’t win the SOC. I’ve been optimistic this whole time but tonight it was hard to watch.

Jackson a pretty good football team. Tha burg don’t need to feel their season is over because of what happened tonight against the Ironmen. was this the first week Mathews back ??

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

PirateBB wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:10 pm
JTEK wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 pm All we heard was how strong and fast this burg team was and that may be but they don’t have enough football players
Agree. All year I’ve heard that this is the fastest and strongest team that Burg has ever had. I guess I’m just not seeing it so far.

Hoping Burg can play well and get their first Ohio Win next week against 5-0 Minford.

GO BURG!!!
This team can’t tackle
1 playmaker on offense

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I had a feeling this was coming . I knew the kids Jackson had and how hard nosed they can be. Game could’ve been a lot worse. Burg will get better . I see them winning out and finishing 7-3.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

No easy task remaining for Burg. Next week is 5-0 Minford and Waverly won’t be a pushover either. Not sure if 6-4 or 5-5 will make playoffs

Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan32 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:23 pm After seeing this performance by Burg, I’m gonna say burg finishes 6-4 and doesn’t win the SOC. I’ve been optimistic this whole time but tonight it was hard to watch.

Jackson a pretty good football team. Tha burg don’t need to feel their season is over because of what happened tonight against the Ironmen. was this the first week Mathews back ??
No, Matthews came back week 3 against Ashland and he was the main reason Burg beat them. Big 4th down catch to extend game in late 4th quarter and punched in game-tying TD in overtime

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Congratulations to Jackson. They are what I thought they would be. Big strong hard nosed. They just dominated both sides of the ball tonite. Burg got outplayed and out coached. I think we are going to have to make some decisions about what our identity is on offense. Stop taking chances that puts the defense back against the wall and do a better job of taking care of the football. Minford is licking their chops. How this team and coaching staff responds next week will determine if there is a week 11 and if there is where we get to.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Ironton fans will be back now

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That was difficult to watch. No enthusiasm, no desire. They didn't act like they even wanted to be on the field. They have no leader. No one has stepped up to take the reins. Jackson is no better than Ashland and they moved the ball up and down the field against them. Could be 4-6 if they don't start playing like they did against Ashland every Friday for the rest of the season.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”