Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

vladimir
S

Re: WK5 JACKSON. vs THA BURG ‘19

Post by vladimir »

Clinton Massie 24
Bishop Hartley 14. :shock:

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:17 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 pm
Realfax wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:08 pm Update-Burg coaching staff still needs to get things figured out. Wouldn’t be surprised if minford puts up a good game.
Maybe but Minford barely held off a weak East Clinton team
Not really shocked by the Minford score I was curious if that could be a trap game for Minford with burg right around the corner.
Minford almost got caught looking ahead. -5-on-turnovers and still won. Lucky to get out of there with a W, and 100% healthy. Bad game, but a win is a win.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:20 pm I see no reasons to bash Burg on this thread.

Burg gets everyone’s best shot. They are about 8 of their opponents’ Super Bowl game for the season. Most are so envious, Jackson fans included. I don’t live and die on Burg threads but I don’t see any reason why people get so bothered about Burg. The Pirates need to clean things up a bit but I sit here and expect them to not even consider folding and run the table....but 3 more pretty good teams are going to really be wanting to beat them so they must continue to be ready for everyone’s best shot.
Good point
All that success over the years makes it hard for burg fans to just accept that this is a very mediocre team. It was bound to happen sooner or later. People will pile on and have there fun and that’s ok because l don’t think it will last long

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CharliesBucks721 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:26 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:12 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:04 pm Do you think people are saying things that aren’t true or do you think people shouldn’t be critical period?
Burg fans bring it on themselves
Waverly is gonna thump Burg
The Waverly that played Unioto or the Waverly that played AC?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

No one needs to respond to Charles bucks. I’m sure he’s been kicked off several times with other names.

Very impressed with Jackson tonight. Good luck moving forward.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

CharliesBucks721 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:28 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:14 pm

I agree
Yup. They deserve every bit of it and more. Good news is since they can't win in Ohio they will get more!
:lol: man that’s a good one
Give us some more

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Go somewhere else and be obnoxious

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Mr. Bucks you make a good point. Waverly will be a tough game. I fully expect Burg to rebound and learn a lot from the defeat tonight.

Excellent game plan by Jackson and hoping they go 10-0 and represent Southern Ohio in D3!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

The Kentucky one was actually pretty funny

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to the Ironmen on a huge win. Great game plan and great execution. I know Burg isn’t what they have been recently, but this was still a very important and impressive win for Jackson.

Defense was outstanding all night. Two pick sixes from Evan Spires, one of which was one of the better plays I have seen in recent years. He now has 6 INTs on the season, and four of them have gone for TDs.

Very impressed with Jacob Winters at QB. To come in and run the ball like that, and also make the throws that he did (one TD called back, another perfect throw that wasn’t hauled in), is amazing for a freshman. He’s gonna be special.

Jackson needs to stay focused and take care of business. Keep improving and win the FAC...no sharing this year.
Last edited by ironman02 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:14 pm
fbnut wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:04 pm Do you think people are saying things that aren’t true or do you think people shouldn’t be critical period?
I agree
I agree

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

As Ironman 92 pointed out in an earlier post, the 3rd and 2 from inside the red zone,may have been the only questionable call of the night on offense. It's easy to nitpick now, as the loss put us in a 4th and long play. I think if Jackson had just kept running Winters, the Burg was having trouble stopping him everytime he ran the ball. If the truth be told, I would say the small sample that the Burg got of Winters tonight, they are probably not to excited about facing him for the next 3 years. If I was an opposing team, and was wanting to throw the ball, the first thing I would do was make sure That I knew where Evan Spires was lined up on defense. Does that make 6 interceptions on the year, and 4 of them returned for touchdowns? Jackson was the best team tonight from the opening kickoff, and deserved to win the game. The Burg will bounce back, as they always do. Great atmosphere, great crowd, no doubt the nicest Stadium in SEO.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

wobycat wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:14 pm
See that’s what I’m talking about. I completely disagree. They’ve been highly respectful on this entire thread.
Yes you have , and burg just came off a tremendous 4 year run and a lot of youngsters growing up early . If you can’t be a fan now now be a fan when they are back to week 13

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

Post by tigerfan98 »

I think Burg can still make the playoffs at 6-4
Not saying Minford will win but it could be a close game

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:38 am I think Burg can still make the playoffs at 6-4
The way that Waverly bounced back tonight, if there QB is okay, there defense improved leaps and bounds tonight, better not sleep on the Tigers just yet. Lots of football yet to be played.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the ironmen. sorry but I needed this to go the other way. but I have some fine friends in Jackson that I'm sure they're dang skippy proud of this. I needed it to go the other way point wise for the tigers. I think Minford upsets burg next week, man they're having a time. who would have ever thought after half of the season is gone that burg would only have 2 wins. and those over ky. schools at that. I hopes they get their ship afloat again fer the points

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:33 am
tigerfan98 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:38 am I think Burg can still make the playoffs at 6-4
The way that Waverly bounced back tonight, if there QB is okay, there defense improved leaps and bounds tonight, better not sleep on the Tigers just yet. Lots of football yet to be played.
Burgs not good enough to sleep on anyone
They have to play there best ball every game from here on out to be in games late

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg will have to bring their "A" game each week. I can see Waverly, Minford and maybe Valley giving them all they want. Don't give up on the kids and team. Keep cheering them on. That is what being a fan is as was said earlier. Good or bad GO BURG!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

absolutely nature boy. ironton has been through some lean times themselves of late. especially at the hands of the pirates. they'll get through this, and be better for it.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:18 am congratulations to the ironmen. sorry but I needed this to go the other way. but I have some fine friends in Jackson that I'm sure they're dang skippy proud of this. I needed it to go the other way point wise for the tigers. I think Minford upsets burg next week, man they're having a time. who would have ever thought after half of the season is gone that burg would only have 2 wins. and those over ky. schools at that. I hopes they get their ship afloat again fer the points
Bait outside of a really good ironton team, they’ve played every game at least two divisions up. The two Ohio teams are d3 teams with a combined record of 9-1. This isn’t a bad team. They just aren’t able to compete with those teams this year. We need to see how this plays out.

Return to “Football”