Fan Travel

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Fan Travel

Post by VetteMan »

I have no doubt that you saw the picture. I just wonder at what point the picture was taken? I was on the Jackson side at about the 35 yard line, up pretty high, and I thought that it was filled up pretty good. The Jackson home side holds a lot of people, I doubt there is any Stadium around this area that holds as many people. The visitor side was pretty full, not jam packed but a pretty good crowd. I'll just say one thing, I have been to a few games at Jackson over the years, and I thought it was one of the larger crowds that I have seen.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I will say this. ( tongue in cheek ) The Burg fans, at about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through the 4th Qtr, or mayby after the first interception, certainly know there way around the Jackson facility, as the visitor section had very few fans left in it. I can't say that I blame them, Route 93 and Route 140 are bad enough during daylight hours, let alone after dark.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm I have no doubt that you saw the picture. I just wonder at what point the picture was taken? I was on the Jackson side at about the 35 yard line, up pretty high, and I thought that it was filled up pretty good. The Jackson home side holds a lot of people, I doubt there is any Stadium around this area that holds as many people. The visitor side was pretty full, not jam packed but a pretty good crowd. I'll just say one thing, I have been to a few games at Jackson over the years, and I thought it was one of the larger crowds that I have seen.
Wheelersburg and Wellston are always the biggest crowds . I felt like the Burg crowd was a little smalller than usual .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:13 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm I have no doubt that you saw the picture. I just wonder at what point the picture was taken? I was on the Jackson side at about the 35 yard line, up pretty high, and I thought that it was filled up pretty good. The Jackson home side holds a lot of people, I doubt there is any Stadium around this area that holds as many people. The visitor side was pretty full, not jam packed but a pretty good crowd. I'll just say one thing, I have been to a few games at Jackson over the years, and I thought it was one of the larger crowds that I have seen.
Wheelersburg and Wellston are always the biggest crowds . I felt like the Burg crowd was a little smalller than usual .
I agree. Gallipolis in the past ( when they have a good team ) always could be counted on to bring a good crowd. I also hope that they and Jackson will start playing each other again.

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:06 pm Athens, Trimble, and NY travel well.
Personally, Trimble travels the best out of these 3. Athens and NY travel well only when they are winning.

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

I think Wellston has one of the best fan bases. They show up supporting their team even when they are heavy underdogs. It doesn’t matter they support the team.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Lucasville has always had a good crowd when they come to Coal Grove. Coal Grove usually travels well themselves.
I just wish we had more seating on our visitors side. It’s not terrible, but if they could expand it some, it’d be wonderful. I know it’s off topic, but the Ashland Tomcats have a nice facility. They have seating behind one end zone and most every place has a good view.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

portsmouth fans wont even go to gallia street......

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Waverly usually travels really well in most sports. We do our best to pack our side of the stands every football game.

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

What is considered " travel well " ? 200-400 ? I'm from Bellaire and in the mid 90's to 2007 Bellaire traveled in the 2000 range, much more in Regional Playoff Games.Those southern Ohio teams and Fans that played Bellaire in post season saw this first hand. Currently Bellaire will still travel 800 or slightly more. Garaway and Cambridge came to Bellaire this season with not much more then 300, if that. John Marshall WV a D2 equivalent in Ohio will put 2000 fans in the stands at home games but will not bring much more then a few hundred just across the river to Bellaire.
Last Friday I went to St Clairsville to see St C and a very good Indian Creek.I C probably did not have more then 400-450 fans in attendance. Naturally declining enrollment and population drop has played a roll in football attendance.

Return to “Football”