Miami Trace 14 - 48 Jackson

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 8...7-0 Jackson @ 5-2 Miami Trace

Post by RioProf »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:31 am
JohnDenver wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:59 pm Great win tonight for the Ironmen. Big hits from #57, 7, 22, and 63 tonight. Great running by #5. Got to clean up the penalties. I bet Jackson had more penalty yards the first half than Trace has offensive yards. Threw the ball well tonight but when Jackson had to throw the ball the QB took sacks. This isn't an OL problem. Little payback next week. Keep improving. On another note how did the trainers for Trace let #17 back into the game after getting knocked out on the sideline?
Agree on #17 , he was hit hard and shoudve been shut down
Just saw it on film. The kid was out. Shame on the trainers for letting him back in.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

You know everyone talks about the penalties, 10-12 at least every game. It's bad enough to be getting that many regardless, but most of these are getting called so far in the 8 games that they have been winning by a fairly comfortable margin, what happens when you are in a tight ballgame, and these continue to be called? I have no idea if the penalties are being called on just 1 or 2 players, but it is most certainly going to hurt in a tight ballgame down the road.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:04 am You know everyone talks about the penalties, 10-12 at least every game. It's bad enough to be getting that many regardless, but most of these are getting called so far in the 8 games that they have been winning by a fairly comfortable margin, what happens when you are in a tight ballgame, and these continue to be called? I have no idea if the penalties are being called on just 1 or 2 players, but it is most certainly going to hurt in a tight ballgame down the road.
It’s usually a group effort. Many things will hurt in tight games...fumbles , flags , taking sacks , missed extra points. The kids fly around and hit people. That’s Jackson , not gonna change.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JohnDenver wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:59 pm Great win tonight for the Ironmen. Big hits from #57, 7, 22, and 63 tonight. Great running by #5. Got to clean up the penalties. I bet Jackson had more penalty yards the first half than Trace has offensive yards. Threw the ball well tonight but when Jackson had to throw the ball the QB took sacks. This isn't an OL problem. Little payback next week. Keep improving. On another note how did the trainers for Trace let #17 back into the game after getting knocked out on the sideline?
Icenhower had a very good game at QB

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:49 am
Icenhower had a very good game at QB
Yes he did.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:04 am You know everyone talks about the penalties, 10-12 at least every game. It's bad enough to be getting that many regardless, but most of these are getting called so far in the 8 games that they have been winning by a fairly comfortable margin, what happens when you are in a tight ballgame, and these continue to be called? I have no idea if the penalties are being called on just 1 or 2 players, but it is most certainly going to hurt in a tight ballgame down the road.
There has been a lot more flags in football. Hitting too hard is a flag now. People that played just 10 years ago would not do well in today’s football. It’s like sack him but not too hard

Abe Froman
S

Re: Miami Trace 14 - 48 Jackson

Post by Abe Froman »

Jackson just hard nosed man - glad they don't play Waverly or there be two pages of dads whining about tackling to hard. Ironmen set to make a run in post season again, looks to be headed to Week 12 or 13. Good luck to you guys.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I would say with the teams in RG. 11 contention right now, Jackson can beat Centennial, it would be a tossup with Sheridan, London and Bellbrook and they would lose to Alder, Hartley, Tri-Valley, Granville and Zanesville. Just my opinion .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Nibbles
Waterboy

Post by Nibbles »

Jackson boys, looks like a few where trying to walk off some injuries?

Return to “Football”