Waverly 38 - 22 Minford

vladimir
S

Re: WK9 Minford @ Waverly

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:36 pm
packers80 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:15 pm I'll take waverly 22 to 21 in o.t. when minford runs a dive for the 2 point conversion.
😆🤣
So so so elementary,(Pee-wee football play call), it makes the Falcon faithful wanna puke! That was the same play outta the same formation they ran on 4th down right before the 2nd half and Minford was stopped by an inch. Burg gets the ball late, right before halftime, and throws a pass over the middle for a 76-yd TD. :roll:

Minford has so many weapons to defend, and they're not being utilized when it counts. Look what happened on the 2nd play in OT when a weapon is utilized!

I just hope for the kids sake the OC is given full reign to do his job.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^Now I can understand when I was was standing with my old buddies Mean Gene and Hurry out Hagar and how they felt at Nelsonville when W'burg fumbled on the goaline in the last seconds of the game vs. Frederickstown and the dismay they felt. Also in 2009, when W'burg went for the 2-point conversion on a QB sneak and got stopped for Minford's last win against the Burg.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 pm
Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:19 pm Calpreps waverly 34 minford 21
Sounds alot better
Although 9, 2 and the RB are good, I’m not sure minford has enough fire power to out score waverly. Waverly skill in the passing game is significantly better than anything minford has played. IMHO, game will be won and or lost in the trenches. If waverly has time to throw, this could get ugly....
Well I felt strong about that before I heard of defense changes. I hope the boys they switch out are because of seniors playing. I know the boy who told me is a sophomore and not playing but several changes. But I did watch Minford alot last year and seen a Earlier game this. I have a 1st cousin on the team. With our regular players you can not beat us.

I was told at least 4 changes on defense side for starters

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

The Flush wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:25 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:15 pm
Shoedaddy wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 am

Post Burg Syndrome is a good call. However, Oak Hill gets throttled by Burg and upsets Minford the next week.
Last year Burg throttles Waverly and they come back with a big win vs. a good West team.
In the last two years, Waverly plays well after a loss. I think the focus of details after you lose can be a good thing?
In all honesty I think that Waverly's poor defense will prevent them from winning this game. MInford lost to Burg by one, Waverly lost by 14...
Did Burg use the same offense against Minford as they did against Waverly?
They played Waverly with the same offense that they used against Minford in the second half.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 am

In all honesty I think that Waverly's poor defense will prevent them from winning this game. MInford lost to Burg by one, Waverly lost by 14...
They played Waverly with the same offense that they used against Minford in the second half.
Ok, that just makes the fact that Waverly made no adjustments in the 2nd half just that more mind blowing to me against Burg. I thought maybe it was something that caught them off guard and they didn't adjust. Then again I also think Waverly took 3 timeouts home with them from the 2nd half so what do I know.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

I've had PWS for going on 17 years so it's very very real, they have permanent residency in most folks heads in Southern Ohio.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:59 pm ^Now I can understand when I was was standing with my old buddies Mean Gene and Hurry out Hagar and how they felt at Nelsonville when W'burg fumbled on the goaline in the last seconds of the game vs. Frederickstown and the dismay they felt. Also in 2009, when W'burg went for the 2-point conversion on a QB sneak and got stopped for Minford's last win against the Burg.
You don't understand how burg feels if you're a mumford fan.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

greygoose wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:12 am

Ok, that just makes the fact that Waverly made no adjustments in the 2nd half just that more mind blowing to me against Burg. I thought maybe it was something that caught them off guard and they didn't adjust. Then again I also think Waverly took 3 timeouts home with them from the 2nd half so what do I know.
It’s mind numbing sometimes.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
toast
All State

Post by toast »

A must win for Waverly to have a chance at a home playoff game. Looks like the rain will hold off until after the game. This should be a good one.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Tiger Dad 2021 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:41 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Yeah, that means Waverly should lose by 13.
I think you will be very wrong. The burg fans all say they played a game that was much better against Waverly then Minford. To out score the tigers your defense will have to be perfect. You may score on the Tigers, but we will score too. I think Tigers win, but if Minford can win it will be more than 1 score
Guess you didn't pick up the sarcasm

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

packers80 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:43 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:59 pm ^Now I can understand when I was was standing with my old buddies Mean Gene and Hurry out Hagar and how they felt at Nelsonville when W'burg fumbled on the goaline in the last seconds of the game vs. Frederickstown and the dismay they felt. Also in 2009, when W'burg went for the 2-point conversion on a QB sneak and got stopped for Minford's last win against the Burg.
You don't understand how burg feels if you're a mumford fan.
Well well well, I must have forgot about your hubris complex you have, and you must not be human. :lol:

FYI, my household consists of fans of good football, but also cheer for our alma maters who are the Minford Falcons and my wife's the Clinton-Massie Falcons.

I bet you wonder why ppl don't like you. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment of GreyGoose: packers80=horsesass.

footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I will say Waverly 42 Minford 7

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This all depends on which Minford team shows up tomorrow night. From what I watched in the W'burg game, Waverly's defense is suspect and defends poorly vs. the run, RB swing pass, slot-screens, jet sweep, and play action. Minford arguably has the area's best DBs, it's the LB play in run support between the OT's that's been suspect. If Minford can contain Shoemaker, put together long drives, and keep the ball outta Waverly's hands, then I like Minford's chances.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:01 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 pm Actually minford will get back to work and waverly will have the post burg syndrome , I like
Minford in the upset
Post Burg syndrome? I’m sure that loss left a bad taste in their mouth just like the Unioto game did. These Tigers will get back to work this week, already have with film study, and focus on the task at hand - beating the Falcons as they invade the jungle.
Yep
Just like minford had, Those teams put all their effort and emotions all week to beating Wheelersburg and when they fail to do so they struggle to get back up. I’ll stand by my theory. “PWS” post Wheelersburg syndrome is real
2016: Waverly 35 Minford 0
2017: Waverly 49 Minford 7
2018: Waverly 43 Minford 13

One year it is "Waverly can't play fast on grass", or "Waverly can't score in the mud", and now its "PWS"...?

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

I'm guessing it will be the same story for the 4th year now.

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

After exchanging a couple punts Waverly gets on the board first with a 31yrd pass Shanks to Futhey

Waverly 7
Minford 0

4:25 1st

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Minford connects on a 20yrd field goal.

Waverly 7
Minford 3

27sec 1st

OldTiger