Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

vladimir
S

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by vladimir »

I agree, I'm going with Ironton by 2-scores.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BlizzardMan
S

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by BlizzardMan »

NoPain23 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 am no I didn't research anything. I just happen to be friends with him. and I saw on his facebook page where he bought a new house. I just get tired of people knowing at ironton's football program. it is just jealousy of their success. they do things right there. always have. having been a part of the program at on time. I seen it 1st hand. the demands, the rules, the curfews, the penalties for mishaps, the fundamentals, the lessons learned after a loss. the whole 9 yards. the only thing realistically that anybody can harp on is open enrollment. this just in, it happens at every school. and sometimes the rich get richer because of success. prime examples are burg and ironton. I have no problem with someone wanting to go there because of a possible scholarship or being a part of a team possibly going to a state title game. and ironton is such a diverse place to go. you go to school with people from every walk of life, black, white, Mexican, Asian, exchange students. I'm so happy my sons got to experience that. graduate from ironton and play for coach lutz and coach triplett. it's just stuff like this that you posted that is degrading. an attempt to make the most storied program south of Columbus look like cheaters, or people bending the rules. I learned how to be a young man playing in the ironton program from like 2nd or 3rd grade on. and what we did in practices then would border on felonious assault now. that's why they were so tough. everybody loved to hate them. and many teams were beaten as soon as those fighting tiger charter greyhounds showed up. and the following from the city was amazing. and a ton of the fans that bad mouthed ironton all week from county schools all over became your friends on Friday night in the bleachers. next thing you know their kids are going there. so I say to you , it was an absolute honor to have been a small part of it, and I'm happy my own kids got to experience it as well. and to anybody hating on the tigers because of sustained success, they need to put that kind of effort in their own programs and emulate the fighting tigers and you'll likely see more success in your program. I know ironton is in the ovc now. and it's a great fit now. but for 45 years, nobody, I mean nobody played the big boys on Friday nights like the tigers. they scheduled up and found the toughest opponents they could. and no other program around did it like them. I loved being at state games and seeing school jackets from every district within 100 miles sitting in the ironton bleachers. it was an amazing site. and you would just have to have been a part of it to understand. so take all the jabs you want.because the fight is back in the fighting tigers. YTB .
It isn’t a jealousy of success, it is unfair that Ironton brings in 5-6 transfers and acts like it shouldn’t matter or effect the outcomes of games.
I have zero issues with transfers, and I DEFENDED Ironton on another thread about this that I think got deleted. Here is my question though, why would you want a bunch of kids coming in for one year playing over kids who grew up in your community? I'd rather play with those kids who bleed black and orange. Winning high school football games isn't that important to me. It'd be different if they came in middle school, or even early in high school.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Game day wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:12 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 am
seoinsider wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 pm Are new players coming in?

Or have current players announced their leaving?

it's because he just bought a new house numbnuts.
So many recruits he had to sell the apartment and get a house! lol

Didn't think there were any 8 bedroom homes in ironton? 8-)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Thanks to the MyTown Broadcasts of Ironton home games, Coal Grove Live site, & other live FaceBook sites of different schools(I just reactivated FB after deleting it for 7 years), I’ve been able to enjoy more games this year than I have in the past 15 years.

Anyway, Ironton has gotta play start to finish like they did in the first 3 games of the season.

If they do that, they’re a threat.

What I don’t agree with are the comments of the Predictibility of Ironton’s offense.

Since being able to view more games, I’m pleasantly surprised at how much diverse play calling they’ve mixed in since those first 3
games.

I’ve seen them try a mixed bag of a lot of stuff.

The coach #PenTon Staff Is pushing the kids to get ready.
I also think this contributes to some of the penalties and turnovers since the first 3 games.

YES, Carrico is going to get many touches.

But, they have so many more options to work with that I think they’ve been prepping for this exact point on the schedule!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Ironton wins by 3 touchdowns. I don't think Gallia can stop Irontons backfield.
35-14 Ironton

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I think SOS is a major piece of evidence and how deep the games went in time.

That could be the difference.

If Ironton continues penalties and turnovers. That evens out the field.

If Gallia has Armstrong that makes their offense a threat...

This would be a tough choice & I don’t participate in picking games, but I think I’d go with my gut, and it’s been right all year.

I even thought Ironton would be 7-1 at this point with the loss to Paul Blazer.

I’d go with your gut.

Gotigersgo!

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

NoPain23 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 am no I didn't research anything. I just happen to be friends with him. and I saw on his facebook page where he bought a new house. I just get tired of people knowing at ironton's football program. it is just jealousy of their success. they do things right there. always have. having been a part of the program at on time. I seen it 1st hand. the demands, the rules, the curfews, the penalties for mishaps, the fundamentals, the lessons learned after a loss. the whole 9 yards. the only thing realistically that anybody can harp on is open enrollment. this just in, it happens at every school. and sometimes the rich get richer because of success. prime examples are burg and ironton. I have no problem with someone wanting to go there because of a possible scholarship or being a part of a team possibly going to a state title game. and ironton is such a diverse place to go. you go to school with people from every walk of life, black, white, Mexican, Asian, exchange students. I'm so happy my sons got to experience that. graduate from ironton and play for coach lutz and coach triplett. it's just stuff like this that you posted that is degrading. an attempt to make the most storied program south of Columbus look like cheaters, or people bending the rules. I learned how to be a young man playing in the ironton program from like 2nd or 3rd grade on. and what we did in practices then would border on felonious assault now. that's why they were so tough. everybody loved to hate them. and many teams were beaten as soon as those fighting tiger charter greyhounds showed up. and the following from the city was amazing. and a ton of the fans that bad mouthed ironton all week from county schools all over became your friends on Friday night in the bleachers. next thing you know their kids are going there. so I say to you , it was an absolute honor to have been a small part of it, and I'm happy my own kids got to experience it as well. and to anybody hating on the tigers because of sustained success, they need to put that kind of effort in their own programs and emulate the fighting tigers and you'll likely see more success in your program. I know ironton is in the ovc now. and it's a great fit now. but for 45 years, nobody, I mean nobody played the big boys on Friday nights like the tigers. they scheduled up and found the toughest opponents they could. and no other program around did it like them. I loved being at state games and seeing school jackets from every district within 100 miles sitting in the ironton bleachers. it was an amazing site. and you would just have to have been a part of it to understand. so take all the jabs you want.because the fight is back in the fighting tigers. YTB .
It isn’t a jealousy of success, it is unfair that Ironton bringing in 5-6 transfers and acts like it shouldn’t matter or effect the outcomes of games.
Some of those transfers didn’t have a choice. Unless you know the situations some of them were/are in, I wouldn’t necessarily make a joke out of it.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Bobbbbbb wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:36 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 am

it's because he just bought a new house numbnuts.

Seems like you care about the Tigers an awful lot

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:07 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 am
mattash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:23 pm Hour from Ironton to Gallia? Best way 141?
Best way is to take 52, toward Huntington, then take the Chesapeake exit to Route 7. 141 is stupidly curvy and hilly. Took me 1:50 heading down through Kitts' Hill, from the French City. Took 1:15ish in rush hour traffic from Ironton to Gallipolis via US 52 E and OH-7 N
I lived 8 miles out 141 for 32 years. I loved 141 to the French city. generally took about 45 minutes to get to the marina. but generally we'd make it take more like 80 minutes, because we just slow rolled and checked out the beautiful scenery and country. then when you leave the game and hit 141 by the marina. there was virtually no traffic, zilch. just had to keep an eye out for deer. because they are thick as bluegrass out there. all my cars had deerhorns on them. and I swear by them. we seen many times where we'd have our brights on and deer would be by the road. and they'd hear the horns and react by moving back from the road. plus there is no one out there to offend so a horn also helped. frankly I loved going to games there. and I'm old school anyway. so I loved the mudgames. that was football to me.
I'm more partial to the drive up/down Route 7. Flatter, you can see for miles, plus it's a straight shot.

One thing to be mindful of is the speed trap in Athalia.

Speaking of Athalia, there's a minivan that's halfway in a hole. Not a ditch. A hole.

Coming up from Tigertown, it'd be on your left.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

seoinsider trolls Coach Pendleton's facebook and then registers here to make this his first post. SMFH :roll: .
To the others that piled on, cowards hide behind a keyboard. Man up and make your recruiting accusations to his face, then
let us know how that worked out for you.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

hereforthecomments wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Haven't said much about the kittens lately, BUT, if you must know, it's no secret, I HATE Ironton and CARE is definitely the wrong word! :evil:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

can't wait for Friday night.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

frankie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm

seoinsider trolls Coach Pendleton's facebook and then registers here to make this his first post. SMFH :roll: .
To the others that piled on, cowards hide behind a keyboard. Man up and make your recruiting accusations to his face, then
I’m sure it was a joke. Some Tiger fans seem to be just as sensitive as some Pirate fans on here.

So your saying if I asked Pendleton about the recruiting accusation, he would physically assault me? That would not be very smart career wise. Lighten up guys.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Bobbbbbb wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Haven't said much about the kittens lately, BUT, if you must know, it's no secret, I HATE Ironton and CARE is definitely the wrong word! :evil:
Hate is a strong word. I see you on every single Ironton thread trying to bad mouth them every chance you get. Sounds like you’re secretly obsessed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Where did I say anything about physical assault?

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

hereforthecomments wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:04 pm
Bobbbbbb wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Hate is a strong word. I see you on every single Ironton thread trying to bad mouth them every chance you get. Sounds like you’re secretly obsessed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I haven't been posting on Ironton threads much of late. But, I guess temptation got the best of me today! I won't be on here much in the future either, unless people like Larry Fine and his other Stooges start on Burg threads again. As YTB says, "I enjoy the banter!" As far as hate being a strong word? I said it, it fits, I'll wear it!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

frankie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:07 pm Where did I say anything about physical assault?
What else would be implied by your statement? That he would make funny faces at me like this🤪🤨😤

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

frankie wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm

We will see if the trend continues. This year may just be a coincidence. To be continued.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

Penrod is drinking his white claw and listening to opera while he is putting the game plan together. Pendleton is out running trains and jumping buildings in a single bound. There is absolutely no way that Gallia Academy can compete with the Tigers. I fear for safety of these kids from Gallia. Ironton should just stay home and send up their 8th grade to make this a fair contest.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Ema wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:18 pm Penrod is drinking his white claw and listening to opera while he is putting the game plan together. Pendleton is out running trains and jumping buildings in a single bound. There is absolutely no way that Gallia Academy can compete with the Tigers. I fear for safety of these kids from Gallia. Ironton should just stay home and send up their 8th grade to make this a fair contest.
Penrod's always had a taste for the finer things in life. But you know what they say: Ain't no law when you're drinkn' claw.

Return to “Football”