Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

hereforthecomments wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:12 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:24 pm
I-TownFanatic wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:20 pm Where is he going to run? They are playing the best D they will see until they see them again next year. Parker will finish with 30sh yards
Very overrated defense, I’ll tell you where he’s going to run, right to the end zone for 6 points...Mr. 4 star will see number 1 on the back of Parker entering the end zone while he’s getting up off the ground from Parker making him look silly with a nice juke in the open field.
Seems to me that you think Ironton is all about one player. Pretty pathetic that you have to bash a kid to make your point.
Seems to me maybe you don’t know how to read, or maybe your feelings are hurt because I’m not praising the kid like he’s God. I never bashed the kid, he’s obviously a good player, he’s going to Ohio State. That being said, how is what I said any different than what was said about Parker, or even Carrico by an Ironton poster lmao? It was stated JoJo would be ran over by Carrico, pretty dumb comment, either he’s really dumb, or he doesn’t want to give credit to Talyn by actually using his name. Not to mention there was no mention of any other play makers for Portsmouth, also no mention of anyone from Ironton but Carrico, so maybe the Ironton faithful seems to think it’s all about one player as well, but it’s cool. I’m sorry your feelings are hurt, I stand by what I said.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Should be a huge crowd for this game, have to make sure I get there early to sit on the side of the press box so I can actually see the scoreboard. That’s my only downfall with the Tank. Lol

Who Dey!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

ItownFanatic needs to curb his enthusiasm down, he doesn't speak for all Tiger fans. This game should be a typical Tiger Trojans battle.
Tigers need to carryover the intensity they played with against Gallia. And stop with the stupid penalties and protect the ball. Trojans come in
with the most dangerous back in SEO and a plan to leave a winner. I don't know how physical the Trojans are this year, but I do know the Tigers have the horses to wear them out. If the Tigers contain Parker then I see no problem. If not it will be an interesting matchup.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I agree with that last post,although by the posts made it could be some kid

14U
S

Post by 14U »

12gauge wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:40 pm Didn't need him
That’s funny

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Very overrated defense, I’ll tell you where he’s going to run, right to the end zone for 6 points...Mr. 4 star will see number 1 on the back of Parker entering the end zone while he’s getting up off the ground from Parker making him look silly with a nice juke in the open field.
Seems to me that you think Ironton is all about one player. Pretty pathetic that you have to bash a kid to make your point.
Seems to me maybe you don’t know how to read, or maybe your feelings are hurt because I’m not praising the kid like he’s God. I never bashed the kid, he’s obviously a good player, he’s going to Ohio State. That being said, how is what I said any different than what was said about Parker, or even Carrico by an Ironton poster lmao? It was stated JoJo would be ran over by Carrico, pretty dumb comment, either he’s really dumb, or he doesn’t want to give credit to Talyn by actually using his name. Not to mention there was no mention of any other play makers for Portsmouth, also no mention of anyone from Ironton but Carrico, so maybe the Ironton faithful seems to think it’s all about one player as well, but it’s cool. I’m sorry your feelings are hurt, I stand by what I said.
The Ironton faithful doesn’t think it’s about just one player at all but keep pushing that narrative ;)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ironton faithful seems to think it’s all about one player.

I took the liberty to shorten some of the quoting to get to the point.

Any IronTon Faithful posting on here ALL know it has very little to do with 1-PLAYER.

As IronTon Fans, we all know it’s about the team effort.
The players live and breathe it.
It starts at the top from the coaches to believe in the teamwork to achieve more and is passed down to the players.
T.E.A.M. (Together. Everyone. Achieves. More.)

TigerTown Sees it and believes it!

Ironton is slowly utilizing a very potent mix of team players that can add points to the scoreboard in any given outing.

They are good.
VERY GOOD.
We will see just how good soon!

I still feel #PenTon is getting this team ready for next week and I’m hoping for a team effort like we had at Gallia!

It’s not JUST ONE PLAYER!

It’s MANY...

GoTigersGo!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

"very overrated defense", now that's funny but definitely not true. You just mad, huh bro?

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

hereforthecomments wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:30 pm

The Ironton faithful doesn’t think it’s about just one player at all but keep pushing that narrative ;)
agree 100%......we have a team.......not one player although he can cause some people to have a toothache about him........ :roll: :roll:

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:47 pm "very overrated defense", now that's funny but definitely not true. You just mad, huh bro?
Are we bros? Why would I be mad? I’m a Portsmouth alum, they haven’t even played yet. It’s just an opinion, just like me saying Burg beats Ironton if they have a rematch. It’s an opinion, you don’t like it, maybe don’t get on here.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

No we aren't bros, justa figure of speech. Portsmouth alum, you will get a darn good look at that overrated defense this Friday. BTW, you stated it as fact, not as your opinion. and you or your opinions would never keep me off here.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:17 pm No we aren't bros, justa figure of speech. Portsmouth alum, you will get a darn good look at that overrated defense this Friday. BTW, you stated it as fact, not as your opinion. and you or your opinions would never keep me off here.
It’s a fact that Ironton’s defense is overrated or it’s a fact that Burg would beat Ironton in a rematch? I didn’t know I was posting facts, but good for me. Good Frank, glad you will be staying, but try not to let your emotions get the best of you “bro”.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

As much as I want this to be a competitive game.... I just can't see it happening. Too much for the Trojans. Especially after what happened to Gallia last night. Maybe if it was week 1 it would be a different story, but it looks like Ironton has hit their stride and are playing their best football now.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Will the Trojans bring a lot of fans

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I want to welcome you back I-TownFanatic! It's been a long time. I hope you'll stick around

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:38 pm Will the Trojans bring a lot of fans
Should bring a decent crowd, 8-1 and a chance to have a share of the ovc crown, not to mention it’s a rival and a short drive up 52. I plan to leave right after work to get a seat up top on the side that the press box doesn’t block the score board. Lol

Who Dey!
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

If I drive down, where will I park and where to sit. Does vistiors side have enough seats or do I bring a lawn chair

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Is Spartan pet friendly, thinking about bringing my dog or leaving him in car. But I hope to make it to this historic place. where do you people eat there. I might go to the Trimble Cats game. Cant believe the season is over.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:18 pm Is Spartan pet friendly, thinking about bringing my dog or leaving him in car. But I hope to make it to this historic place. where do you people eat there. I might go to the Trimble Cats game. Cant believe the season is over.
If you go to Spartan you will be alone , Portsmouth hasn't played there in 11 years, besides the game is in Ironton.

And they let kantucky in so I would guess yes on pet friendly

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:13 pm Crazy it’s already week 10. Portsmouth will have to play really well to beat Ironton. Ironton will be the most physical team Portsmouth has seen. The Trojans will have to control the los in order to win this game. Ironton has a really good tough defense, led by Carrico. That being said, anytime you have a back like Talyn Parker in the backfield, things don’t seem as bad. I do not believe Ironton will shut Portsmouth out. Portsmouth should be able to put a couple scores on the board. Defense of the Trojans is more so what I’m worried about. Would be a statement win for the Trojans, the schudle hasn’t been very tough to date, besides Gallia, you see what Ironton did to them. It’s a rivalry game though, you can throw records out the window, anything can happen. Portsmouth has won the last 2 against the Tigers, looking to make it 3 in a row. Weather may play a factor in this game. Forecast right now calls for rain early in the day and a temperature in the mid to upper 30’s for gametime. Hope both teams are injury free, week 11 right after this one, want everyone at their best. Go Trojans!
Good post. Read where the series is tied too

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”