Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Post by bbjunky81 »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:38 am "It came down to devils didn’t show up."

It came down to them playing a way better team. They were manhandled.
He has specified multiple times that Ironton was drastically the better team. I think we can all agree that the Blue Devils laid over instead of rising up to the challenge.

That does NOT mean that Gallia would have won. But, I, along with many others, don't believe that Gallia is 52 points worse than Ironton each time if they were to play 10 times or so.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Notgettinus
Waterboy

Post by Notgettinus »

A reminder: the players of the two teams read this forum. 15,16, 17 and 18 year old boys who not only play for each other, they play for their community as well. GA isn’t over rated. Give credit where credit is due, Ironton is a well put together team. The Devils played their hearts out not just last night but all season long. They went 8-0 until last night. Just remember, there are ways to express your support of the game with out putting these young men down.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Blue Devils has a great stadium. I was fired up after being stuck in that port a potty for 20 minutes and amped for the win

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

The QB (Falcons I think) made some nice throws

Notgettinus
Waterboy

Post by Notgettinus »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:34 pm Blue Devils has a great stadium. I was fired up after being stuck in that port a potty for 20 minutes and amped for the win

Notgettinus
Waterboy

Post by Notgettinus »

Before the games even started, one of your fine, outstanding fans wrote inside one of those porta Johns..

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

I agree, we won and we need to keep it classy, we were prepared and ready, sometimes the ball just don't bounce your way, gallipolis has a very fine team, was ironton 50 better than them? I don't know but last night was our night, you are right a lot of young kids read this, let's just take the w and wish gallipolis good luck the rest of the season and hope you guys make the playoffs.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Notgettinus wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:28 pm A reminder: the players of the two teams read this forum. 15,16, 17 and 18 year old boys who not only play for each other, they play for their community as well. GA isn’t over rated. Give credit where credit is due, Ironton is a well put together team. The Devils played their hearts out not just last night but all season long. They went 8-0 until last night. Just remember, there are ways to express your support of the game with out putting these young men down.
I agree 100% but I think this team understands what is meant by effort. You can try as hard as you want. But if you don’t stick with your keys and allow another team talking into your head. You can physically work harder then you have ever worked and it doesn’t lead to good effort.

No one I don’t believe is implying the kids did not try. Trying in working in this case does equate effort.

Effort is taking everything you worked on all week and applying that in to the game to the best of your ability. If you get beat you get beat.

This team last night was like they forgot there week of practice and it showed. That is what I mean by poor effort and I am sure that is what they heard at half and will be preached next week.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:30 am Gallia Academy is the biggest school D-IV playing in a smaller conference. They play most V’s and 1, VI. All the teams they played have losing records except for Portsmouth and Ironton which they went 1-1. They are 4th or 5th in their region being undefeated until last night. I believe they need to beef their non- conference up. This is only my opinion. It reminds me of Logan (l90’s and early 2000’s) being a D-II team playing all the little schools going undefeated and making week 11 to get blown off the map. All Gallia Academy has to do is beef up the non conference and they will be fine.
I think the non-conference schedule was made when the program looked to be on a long decline. I know they are dropping at least one weak game off of the schedule in River Valley. They'd like to add Jackson again but Jackson says no because of the facilities in Gallipolis.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:34 pm Blue Devils has a great stadium. I was fired up after being stuck in that port a potty for 20 minutes and amped for the win
And you survived?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Notgettinus wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:28 pm A reminder: the players of the two teams read this forum. 15,16, 17 and 18 year old boys who not only play for each other, they play for their community as well. GA isn’t over rated. Give credit where credit is due, Ironton is a well put together team. The Devils played their hearts out not just last night but all season long. They went 8-0 until last night. Just remember, there are ways to express your support of the game with out putting these young men down.
Thank you.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am outstanding effort by the fighting tigers. this jumped them to 1 in their region. and according to joe eitel assured a home game. now to come back down to earth and focus of a very good Portsmouth team. against one of the longest rivalries ever in ohio high school sports.
Yes because fortunately for Portsmouth, they still have their tailback and he's the best around.

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by Geronimo »

First year QB for GA will be better next season ! Ironton 4 transfers played a big roll ! I knew Ironton was loaded ! Still don't no how Ashand beat them ?Gallia will be hard to beat next season.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:04 pm
frankie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:38 am "It came down to devils didn’t show up."

It came down to them playing a way better team. They were manhandled.
He has specified multiple times that Ironton was drastically the better team. I think we can all agree that the Blue Devils laid over instead of rising up to the challenge.

That does NOT mean that Gallia would have won. But, I, along with many others, don't believe that Gallia is 52 points worse than Ironton each time if they were to play 10 times or so.
They didn't show up...we can all agree they laid over...who's we? You along with many others ? If that kind of thinking makes you feel better so be it.

I don't believe they didn't show up or lay over, they were simply outplayed in every phase of the game. Period.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:15 pm
I agree 100% but I think this team understands what is meant by effort. You can try as hard as you want. But if you don’t stick with your keys and allow another team talking into your head. You can physically work harder then you have ever worked and it doesn’t lead to good effort.

No one I don’t believe is implying the kids did not try. Trying in working in this case does equate effort.

Effort is taking everything you worked on all week and applying that in to the game to the best of your ability. If you get beat you get beat.

This team last night was like they forgot there week of practice and it showed. That is what I mean by poor effort and I am sure that is what they heard at half and will be preached next week.

Penrod really dropped a stinker last night. Kids weren’t mentally ready and then lost their composure with a multitude of penalties. With all the talk about culture he has established I was expecting more.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Could be a 3way tie. Ironton upsets the Portsmouth squad.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:23 pm Could be a 3way tie. Ironton upsets the Portsmouth squad.
I understand about the 3-way tie. I may be reading this wrong, are you saying it would be an upset if Ironton beats Portsmouth ?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Penrod really dropped a stinker last night. Kids weren’t mentally ready and then lost their composure with a multitude of penalties. With all the talk about culture he has established I was expecting more.
Don't believe this is true, but I mean you know he is going through a lot right now.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Notgettinus wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:56 pm Before the games even started, one of your fine, outstanding fans wrote inside one of those porta Johns..
I seen it. Said "Tigers 2019 OVC champions" n black sharpy. It was a fat kid with glasses, looked like 5th grade with a River Valley jacket. He blew it up when he was in there to

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 pm
Half Slice wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Don't believe this is true, but I mean you know he is going through a lot right now.
Sorry to hear he is experiencing problems.

I heard his speech two years ago by the victory bell after GA barely managed to beat a Tiger team decimated by injuries. They literally had 6 or 7 varsity player healthy. His words were very arrogant and intentionally aimed at the Ironton locker room door which is just feet away. Don’t ever tell me about the type of culture he is building. I heard it with my own ears. No thanks! You can keep it because that isn’t there way to lead young men. Pendleton’s boys could have put up 100 points Friday but he didn’t.

Return to “Football”