Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by MrFirstTake »

Russell and Ashland are ranked in the top 10 in there region also this year the areas not having a bad year all around

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:29 pm How come Parker is a 3 star and Carrico is a 4 star?

How come Ohio States interest in Parker "cooled.?"

How come Carrico's listed 40 time is 4.58 and Parkers is 4.68?
Parker is a 3 star probably because of grades

Ohio State's interest cooled because Urban retired

Parker's 40 time is 4.3 and hiss 100m is 11.3 or 11.28 -11.29

Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:03 pm Showing 4.68 here.
pretty sure this one soon was after his track injury at Washington C.H.

Yikes
Riding the Bench

Post by Yikes »

Rza1 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:15 pm Screenshot_20191028-231037_Samsung Internet.jpg
he tore his hamstring in late May

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

M
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

A little under 29 hours for all the crazies.

Then... SATURDAYS.

Gotigersgo

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

To be fair for both sides it really don’t matter about 40 times we all saw Parker outrun the entire Ironton defense last year so who really cares about times, but this years Ironton defense is a different animal very aggressive, and just like what every one seen last week once this team has you down they will step on your throat and finish the game something they struggled with last year

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Too Much Tigers in this one......I think they have been a little different since the Ashland week.....great game and between two good football teams...but just expect Ironton to be too much for 4qrters of football

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I think the trenches will decide this game early. If we get pushed around on both sides of the ball it will get ugly, if we can make something happen we should be able to control the ball and clock.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm I think the trenches will decide this game early. If we get pushed around on both sides of the ball it will get ugly, if we can make something happen we should be able to control the ball and clock.
I think Portsmouth skill players are just as good. The lines I worry about. Offense will have to work quick. If Roe scrambles he’s in trouble. Our line won’t be able to hold blocks while he runs around. Play action will be tough as well if they get thru our line. Trojans will have to play there best game. I believe they can do it they have to believe it.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Can’t believe tomorrow is game day! This game may be over early, it may come down to the end. It could be a blowout, it could be decided by 2 points. It’s hoenstly hard to say, I know there’s Irontons defense, Carrico going to Ohio State, playing at the Tank, both teams 8-1, Ironton’s sos, Parker running all over Ironton last year, but at the end of the day, very little of that will matter come this time tomorrow night. You can throw last year out the window, same with the first 9 weeks of this season. I know Portsmouth seems to have an uphill battle, but all I want is to see the kids in the Red and Blue go out and give it their all. I don’t care if so and so across from you is going D1, I don’t care if so and so across from you has 80 pounds on you. At the end of the day everyone is still human. This team is beatable, a good week of practice, film session and execution will go a long way. The Tigers will be playing week 11, hell they’ll be playing week 11 at home. Of course they have a lot to lose, but those boys don’t have as much to lose as you men of Troy do. Go out and play the best 4 quarters of football that you can play Trojans, it’s been a great ride thus far, let’s keep it going!

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

No matter the outcome if the Trojans play there hearts out and leave it on the field there season is a success. No one expected them to do anything. 8-2 is the best season in years. 9-1 the best in years. Possible back to back week 11s. I know the Trojans are fired up. Win or lose it’s been a fun season. There’s a lot on the line for Portsmouth they win and it’s a 4 seed. Lose and it’s possible they don’t get in. Oak hill can hurt them if they beat Waverly. I’m excited to watch this game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If you take away the td Ashland scored in overtime ironton is allowing an average of 4.7 points per game.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:02 pm If you take away the td Ashland scored in overtime ironton is allowing an average of 4.7 points per game.
Hmmm... very compelling, thought provoking argument.... lol. If ya take a away the gallipolis game, Portsmouth is unbeaten.... if I had different numbers, I woulda won the lottery last night....

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

No really ironton d is legit. Why take away scores to pad numbers? Lol impressive on its own

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Well that’s through 4 quarters not including overtime. Better?

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Parker WILL get his yards tomorrow night. I hope and in my heart believe it'll be no way enough for Portsmouth to pull out a win. Then, I knew last year at half-time he was going to get them too but I didn't think Portsmouth was going to win.

As far as Carrico being mentioned, just think, you all could see him twice this year and again next too.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:02 pm If you take away the td Ashland scored in overtime ironton is allowing an average of 4.7 points per game.
Oh my, you can't take that TD away and why would you, so you can say 4.7 a points per game. Is saying 5.4 points per game so terrible?? Pretty trivial really

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Rza1 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:00 am
vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:28 pm
Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:30 pm

They contained him last year so this year shouldn't be any different?
Exactly! Ironton 28-7

Think tigers will take this one Friday. Been impressed with em all year, an then last week... But I gotta ask, who, exactly got contained last year? Lol parker went for 300 and 5 touchdowns in a trojan win. Made me curious how deep that arnton orange insanity gene ran, so I looked up the '17 game... parker for 232 and 3 scores including the game winner with only seconds to spare. Ironton did manage a 7 point victory when he was a freshman, but he still gashed you guys for 200.... kids gonna rack up a thousand yards for his career just against the tigers! That's pretty dang impressive even using the lofty expectations around the tank....
Parker is arguably the best RB in Scioto Co., but with Carrio he was only a Soph last year and kids grow up, so I think he'll contain the edge better at the OLB position. I don't believe Parker has ever ran into a kid like Jr. Jones between the tackles in his career. Jones is a pure animal. For the 1st half It will be interesting, then the Tigers will take over. I'm gonna stick with my prediction, and that's Ironton by 3-TDs seeing their at home.

I'm a fan of the game of the week and this is it. So, I don't have a dog in this fight but heck, I'll give the Trojans +23.5. Any takers?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:34 am
Oh my, you can't take that TD away and why would you, so you can say 4.7 a points per game. Is saying 5.4 points per game so terrible?? Pretty trivial really
Simply stating a teams points given up through 4 quarters never knew it was a crime. I’m going off how many points a team scores against ironton in regulation not overtime. Because most games are over after 4 quarters

Return to “Football”