Ridgewood v Portsmouth

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(8-2) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Otto wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:48 pm I think this will be a rough one for the Trojans. Might be even worse than last year's playoff game against Madison.

If I'm the coach I give Parker the ball as much as he wants and see if he can pull off some magic in what might be his last game.
Yeah, he hasn't really ridden him as much this year, especially in big games. I think he tried to be a little more creative last night in finding ways to get him the ball and I'm all for that. There is only so much you can do against teams like Ironton though. We stayed competitive with Gallia for most of the game, Ironton exposed a lot of weakness though, Roe was pressured into mistakes he hadn't made all year and we had penalty after penalty after playing fairly clean all year.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Re: WK11: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(8-2) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Looking forward to seeing the Portsmouth faithful at the wood Saturday night. You guys will not be disappointed! Great atmosphere even in the ice cold! People will be tailgating everywhere. Just bring some warm clothes! Go Wood!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

How’s the parking at Ridgewood? I don’t want to walk super far, not handicapped or anything, just fat and lazy. Lol

Who Dey!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:49 am How’s the parking at Ridgewood? I don’t want to walk super far, not handicapped or anything, just fat and lazy. Lol
Looking at a aerial view looks like there's plenty of parking as all the schools are surrounding the field plus I'm guessing they do a little bit of field parking as well, shouldn't be to bad.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

looking at ridgewood clips , they look like a spread offense , they look to be balance rushing and passing https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/34537/Boys ... tball/team video

team stats no stats for the 1st 4 games after malvern game there are stats https://fridaynightohio.com/team/schedu ... -football/

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Generals take this one @ home.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

In the words of lee corso, not so fast my friend! Portsmouth has some pretty good skilled kids themselves. If Parker can go off and have a good game, this might get interesting. Portsmouth struggles with the power teams but I think they can play with a spread team a little. Good luck Trojans
Last edited by wobycat on Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If any Portsmouth fans want to see Ridgewood play type in storiedrivals on YouTube and some of there games are on there from this year the I know for sure the game vs Garaway is on there

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:49 am How’s the parking at Ridgewood? I don’t want to walk super far, not handicapped or anything, just fat and lazy. Lol
Parking is alright fills up fast then moves over to the high school parking lot which is the school that doesn’t have the dome. By the baseball field. Best advice I can’t give to you do not get there are 7 or 15 till. You won’t get in till after the first quarter.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

You can see their past two seasons via 10 minute game highlights on YouTube Under “storied rivals”, including playoffs.
They lost to Garaway last year In regular season & beat them this year to remain perfect..
They’ve got a good QB that is a sophomore and started last year as a frosh too.

Decent size.

D gets to the ball fast.

Beatable!!!

Not sure who will Beat them in our region, but I think it will happen. Good representation from SEO in region this year, WE CAN DO IT! (SEO)

Go Get’EM Trojans!

Your QB, Parker & line should give you a chance!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

It appears to me the Trojan defense is very suspect at best.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Wasn’t Ridgewood a run only team when they played burg a few times? It looks like they have a totally different offense. I’ll be making the 3 hour drive. I look forward to it. Win or lose the Trojans will play hard and have a lot to be proud about.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’ve watched the good teams that Ridgewood has played against I didn’t see any Parker type athletes on Malvern Indian valley Or Garaway.. Garaway looked very small also Indian valleys defense did not tackle very well at all against ridgewood

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The Qb does play well to be a sophomore and #9 can be a load to bring down for ridgewood and #34 is more of a shifty quick back

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 am It appears to me the Trojan defense is very suspect at best.
They are undersized, we have some hitters and can cut the corners and cover receivers decently, but we have nothing for teams with big lines and power backs, even Rock Hill who finished near the bottom of our league moved the ball on us.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I think it's time for Mr. Parker go the F@#k off and run for about 300yds and about 5 TDs. Just to remind everybody what kind of great athlete he is. If they need any reminding. LOL Those Generals may have heard of him but they are getting ready to have a first row seat to the back of his jersey. Let's Go Trojans!!!

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:59 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:41 am It appears to me the Trojan defense is very suspect at best.
They are undersized, we have some hitters and can cut the corners and cover receivers decently, but we have nothing for teams with big lines and power backs, even Rock Hill who finished near the bottom of our league moved the ball on us.
Yeah from what I’ve seen from scores. Teams they should’ve been blowing out they weren’t.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans have nothing to lose. Play hard and have fun. Like pirate said let Parker go off.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:00 am I think it's time for Mr. Parker go the F@#k off and run for about 300yds and about 5 TDs. Just to remind everybody what kind of great athlete he is. If they need any reminding. LOL Those Generals may have heard of him but they are getting ready to have a first row seat to the back of his jersey. Let's Go Trojans!!!
Haven’t seen him play but also think you haven’t seen a dline like ours. It’ll be an awesome night!

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Ridgewood’s quarterback is nothing short of impressive. Kid is one of the best small school quarterbacks in the state. Trust me.

Talyn Parker is a phenom.

I got Ridgewood by 20, but if Portsmouth’s D can do just enough (they may not) and if the Trojans can get some production out of Parker than it may be closer than the experts think.

Return to “Football”