Week 12: WOOD BURG

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Yh8awinner wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:29 pm Vladimir you aren't a fan of either of these teams so why don't you go run your mouth on somebody else's thread. It really does crack me up how these people from other teams that have no dog in this fight because their team lost come on here running their mouth about wheelersburg every year.
Sincerely, yh8awinner
Attention whore, that’s what it’s called I believe

Let’s stay on topic. Wood is a good football team.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ridgewood probably a 7 - 10 point favorite in this one. BUT these Burg kids have played a ton of meaningful football games and are seasoned. Burg has a punchers chance but I think this as far as Burg can take this year. They accomplished a lot of things , SOC title , home
Playoff win ....I like Wood to pull this one out but I’m
Pulling for our football cousins .

Go Burg

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:26 pm
The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:16 pm Execute, execute, execute. I have seen these games too many times before. Don't blink, don't flinch, don't get rattled. Make sure you tackle. Pirates will show up and play their game. The Wood is confident but don't get cocky. WE ARE THE BURG!
Where did any Wood fan get “cocky”?
From all the bickering on here I almost forgot Wood was playing Burg this week...
Wood program, players and coaches, have upmost respect for Burg. Hoping for a hard fought injury free football game.
Burg fans get this every week
I found it best to not reply to the nonsense
Good luck

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Best Wishes to the Pirates! I'm sure Ridgewood will bring it as do most kids playing the game. You've been there and done it more than any recent team in SEO.

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by scott1297 »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:27 pm
OK, I'll bet you a cup of coffee.

No burg didn't beat Ashland, and anyone not drinking the orange kool-aid knows the Refs beat Ashland. There is no way with a straight face you cannot say that's exactly the case.

1)The phantom holding call on the screen pass that was ran for a TD;
2)The muffed punt that burg was given the ball only to score on the next play;
3)The PI at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown it hit the fence to put burg in FG range.

All 3 of those atrocious officiating calls lead to points by the burg. I'd be embarrassed to win a game like that with all the home cooking that was involved in the burg that night. Refs 17 Burg 17 vs Ashland 33
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheelersburg will be exposed this week and it will be a 4-score game. I'm standing by it: Ridgewood +24.5. That's based on the teams I've watched this season, and that W'burg was just a few inches from being a 5-5 team. Also, it was some your fans who predicted running clock on Minford by the end of the 3rd, or else they felt you guys were in big trouble.

Hey, why’ll you’re at it how about how Burg cheated Madison last year as well. SMDFH!!

It doesn’t matter in the Ashland game, the calls were made by yes a terrible reffing crew. Ashland held on almost every play they scored on in the second half. On the fake punt that Burg tried,the Ashland defender with his back to the play grabbed the Burg receivers around the waist a full 2 seconds before the ball got there. No call. Burg would have scored on that drive at least a FG. Bottom line is you have to adjust to bad calls.
For the record, I've never supported any of that nonsense offered up by Middletown Madison.

That Ashland game was single handedly the very most amount of home cooking I've ever watch in any HS football game. It was abysmal, and that's being nice. The officiating in that game lead to points, points being taken off the board, and affected the final outcome of the game.

Burg will get exposed this week in a big way. Keep drinking the Orange Kool-aid and when the Generals send you home from Lancaster via a running clock, I'll have enough class not to say I told ya so. Ridgewood +24.5 O/U 62.5

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:00 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Yeah, and it's all predicated by "IT'S A JUDGEMENT CALL."

Oh, okay. Since it was at the Burg the ref just had to screw Ashland. He didn't make the right call. What did your video evidence show on that play? The Ashland defender made contact which affected the play. PI. FIRST DOWNNNNNNNNNNN PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's still a judgement call, and even if I give you that one, you still have the muffed punt to where burg scores the next play. Then the phantom holding call on the screen pass that resulted in a TD being called back. That's still 14-points the refs handed to you on a silver platter and you know it. Burg didn't beat Ashland the Refs did, and that was still the biggest amount of home cooking I've ever seen in any HS football game.

I hate to break it to ya, but you're not going to get away with that nonsense in the playoffs.
Haters gonna hate! And the ref crew that did the Ashland Burg game was the same crew that did the Ironton and Burg game at Ironton so that means if they are a home cooking crew then that's why Ironton beat Burg haha that's nonsense and just get over it game over and even if Burg would lose this week so what? They had a great year no matter what happens Saturday!

Burg grad 85
Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan32 »

Just because Burg beat Minford by 5 points doesn't mean they'll get blown away this week. The thing about playoff time is that it's just one game. No matter if a team wins by 70 or by 1, they still advance. I expect Burg to be ready for anything Ridgewood throws at them and vice versa. This will be a game nobody wants to miss! I hope for a great and injury-free game for both teams! GO BURG!!

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Yh8awinner wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:29 pm Vladimir you aren't a fan of either of these teams so why don't you go run your mouth on somebody else's thread. It really does crack me up how these people from other teams that have no dog in this fight because their team lost come on here running their mouth about wheelersburg every year.
Sincerely, yh8awinner
It's b/c I was asked a question and to support my opinion of why I felt Ridgewood is 24.5-points better the burg. I'm standing by my cold long trip home for the Pirates via a 4-score margin. You're right I don't have a dog in the fight, but Minford and W'burg as in terms of DV playoff teams are very mediocre. Comparing scores is what's nonsense.
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 am
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Drew Pasteur had them as a playoff quirk as a team that could possibly making it in at 4-6. I find it amusing that Minford fans will post about how burg isn’t that good instead of posting how good Minford actually is, which is what I believe
Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.
Based on what? Your feelings?
Burg beat Ashland. The team that beat ironton. I’ll take your +24.5 bet.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Isn't it funny that after all the bad mouthing of the Pirates after that 2-3 start with people saying we are really down this season, and they are going to go 4-6 at best, that once again they are the last team from Scioto county still playing football?

Ain't that a hoot!

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:34 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm The best is Burg people constantly think everyone copies what they do. Ridgewood copies Burgs offense. That confuses me I don’t think Ridgewood runs a 10th of the amount of formations that the Burg runs. There’s 2892 of them.
I agree to an extent. I see what you mean. But from just 3 years ago until now they have went from a heavy run to now a true spread RPO offense with midline being the main action. Burg has ran that for years. So yea. We know it and it looks like they took a page out of our book. That's how coaches learn. It would be dumb to do the same stuff that wasn't winning you the ball games. But they had some really good film from the 4 times they played Burg. I mean those were the years Burg was really hitting on all cylinders.
Wrong changed to complete spread my senior year which was in 14’ was wing T before that. They’ve stayed spread since maybe little run heavier some years then other based off of the players strengths you have. That just coaching and trying to put your players in best position to win.
Ok. So still. The thought holds true for us. We know that offense.

Yes. I agree with the coaching. Burg is more of a run heavy spread offense this year. They have the ability to throw the ball around and the qb is rather elusive. They just don't really throw the ball very much. I cant recall how many attempts Burg had in the 1st half, but I bet I could've counted them on my hands. Their strength is the run game this year.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am
Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm The best is Burg people constantly think everyone copies what they do. Ridgewood copies Burgs offense. That confuses me I don’t think Ridgewood runs a 10th of the amount of formations that the Burg runs. There’s 2892 of them.
I agree to an extent. I see what you mean. But from just 3 years ago until now they have went from a heavy run to now a true spread RPO offense with midline being the main action. Burg has ran that for years. So yea. We know it and it looks like they took a page out of our book. That's how coaches learn. It would be dumb to do the same stuff that wasn't winning you the ball games. But they had some really good film from the 4 times they played Burg. I mean those were the years Burg was really hitting on all cylinders.
On top of that Ridgewood won many of games in the Wing T went to the state semis running the wing T.
Football is changing is my point here. More coaches are turning to the spread offense to gain a #'s advantage. If I had horses in the stable and bulls on the line, I'd opt for more of a wing t style. I understand what you're getting at.

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

As a Wood fan we do not expect a running clock in this game. That would be assanine to even think that. Play hard and discipline. Do your job and win. As Coach K says survive and advance. Go Wood.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

All of us from the Wood know what it is like to be the team everybody loves to hate. Looks like Burg is the same. :D

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:06 pm
Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:02 am

Wrong changed to complete spread my senior year which was in 14’ was wing T before that. They’ve stayed spread since maybe little run heavier some years then other based off of the players strengths you have. That just coaching and trying to put your players in best position to win.
Ok. So still. The thought holds true for us. We know that offense.

Yes. I agree with the coaching. Burg is more of a run heavy spread offense this year. They have the ability to throw the ball around and the qb is rather elusive. They just don't really throw the ball very much. I cant recall how many attempts Burg had in the 1st half, but I bet I could've counted them on my hands. Their strength is the run game this year.
I wasn’t talking about the burg I’m talking about Ridgewood.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:08 am

On top of that Ridgewood won many of games in the Wing T went to the state semis running the wing T.
Football is changing is my point here. More coaches are turning to the spread offense to gain a #'s advantage. If I had horses in the stable and bulls on the line, I'd opt for more of a wing t style. I understand what you're getting at.
You’re totally right it’s evolved so much in past 10 years

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 pm Isn't it funny that after all the bad mouthing of the Pirates after that 2-3 start with people saying we are really down this season, and they are going to go 4-6 at best, that once again they are the last team from Scioto county still playing football?

Ain't that a hoot!
Lol was there just 2 teams from Scioto county? And you are playing the team that beat the other Scioto county team.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I wasnt calling anyone from Wood cocky. I said be confident not cocky. You get cocky then you take your opponent lightly. I don't believe that will happen. I am a Burg fan but know a lot about the Wood. Burg will have their hands full. I do think Burg was late in developing this year and have gotten better each week. Their early defeats have helped them. They are different but still the Burg. It is nice to play in week 12. Enjoy it because it is heck getting here healthy and intact.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Thete were 3 and Burg beat 1.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

There

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:51 pm Thete were 3 and Burg beat 1.
I totally forgot about Minford and you just played them lol. Thank you for reminding me.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”