WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK12: #3 Jackson (11-0) vs. #2 Jonathan Alder (11-0)

Post by Poo Bear »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 am Congrats Jackson on an outstanding season. Alder was just a better team tonight, also took advantage of every mistake that Jackson made tonight. A lot of the mistakes were stuff that everyone had hoped had been cleaned up these past few games. To me when Jackson makes it this far, and starts playing the better teams, I really believe that they have to have a better balance on offense between the Run and the Pass. The Ironmen played as hard as they always do, and left it all on the field, they just ran into a better team tonight in Jonathan Alder.
Well said . Jackson ran the string out as far as they could this year and accomplished many team goals. We made some mistakes but no use in calling anyone out. Alder was a better football team. Jackson has some real talent coming back and with a good off season in the weight room should have another real nice season.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:43 pm Izard and Proxmire are unstoppable
Hartley will slow'em down next week and win by 14.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats on a successful season jackson. Hopefully tonitess experience will help towards a deep playoff run next year.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Great season for Jackson, when you get to week 12 especially in that region it's a tough task. They were simply outplayed and out coached in this one. I started thinking they could just run the out pattern all night as there was zero change to that. Also was very confused by winters getting a series that ends in a TD and then he doesn't go back in. I was sitting with a couple rows of Alder coaches in the press box and they were more worried with him at QB because of the running threat. Same reason they kicked the ball away from him after he was subbed in on kickoff.

Also I have to say I was very disappointed in Teays Valley and I wasn't the only one as others were saying how they shouldn't host if they can't be better prepared. 1 guy taking money for parking and it took ppl 15 minutes waiting in line just to park. Ice all over the bleachers as everyone was slipping and trying not to fall, snow happened Monday night zero excuse for it to not have been addressed. They were putting salt out after ppl started falling. PA system not working properly, and finally really looked to me not enough visitor seating especially when one section is for the band.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Alder you have a really nice team and got after it, some of your fans though truly need to learn the game. Going crazy over penalties that were not penalties which happens everywhere but when I watch a grown woman sitting there with both middle fingers up I think we've crossed that line. Especially up 24-6 in the 3rd.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Congrats to Jackson on a great season.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

This loss goes right to the AD. Scheduling was the problem. True no one could know how weak the FAC would be this year. I spoke to two people involved with athletics at a FAC school on Friday. I asked what was Jackson's signature win? One answer Wellston. Never the right signature win for that program. The other answered the burg. Right win, wrong year. Burg is down this year.

Schedule up in non league. Find out who you are. Give the team a chance to see real football. White coats are nice but regional titles are better.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

To me it looked like alder was breaking a lot of tackles last night. I mean it was just highlights but alder seemed like they got a lot of yards after first contact

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Oh cmon, told ya. The FAC is and has been an extremely weak league. Historically those teams have usually been patsies. You were told when you joined that Jackson and Chili would usually be the best teams. Look at the scores. It’s not rocket science.

The great sin in SEO remains the weak schedules that most play leaving a weak region vs the rest of the state. FACT !

Have gun, will travel
SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 am Congrats Jackson on an outstanding season. Alder was just a better team tonight, also took advantage of every mistake that Jackson made tonight. A lot of the mistakes were stuff that everyone had hoped had been cleaned up these past few games. To me when Jackson makes it this far, and starts playing the better teams, I really believe that they have to have a better balance on offense between the Run and the Pass. The Ironmen played as hard as they always do, and left it all on the field, they just ran into a better team tonight in Jonathan Alder.
Agree. The only successful drives were when the two QBs led the scoring drives throwing the ball downfield.
Not taking anything away from the RBs at all. They have had a great season, but Alder simply wasn’t going to allow Jackson to run the ball.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

SEOP2001 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:20 am
Agree. The only successful drives were when the two QBs led the scoring drives throwing the ball downfield.
Not taking anything away from the RBs at all. They have had a great season, but Alder simply wasn’t going to allow Jackson to run the ball.

We only had 1 successful drive throwing the ball, that was the first quarter when #7 threw a beautiful ball in traffic to the tight end for a TD .

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:23 am

We only had 1 success drive throwing the ball, that was the first quarter when #7 threw a beautiful ball in traffic to the right end for a TD .
Exactly correct, when he went in the coaches behind me were radioing down that 7 the running QB is in. Watch midline reads, then Jackson moved it he kept on them watch read and keep. They were radioing Jackson personnel changes and were spot on.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:30 am

We only had 1 success drive throwing the ball, that was the first quarter when #7 threw a beautiful ball in traffic to the right end for a TD .
Exactly correct, when he went in the coaches behind me were radioing down that 7 the running QB is in. Watch midline reads, then Jackson moved it he kept on them watch read and keep. They were radioing Jackson personnel changes and were spot on.
Yes #7 is great at the midline read , but the boy can also sling the rock. The pass last night was a high level throw. He essentially threw the player open , layed it out beautifully and let his 6 5 receiver make a play on the Ball , and he did . Just a great read , especially for a freshmen. I think that was his only drive of the game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

toldya wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:43 am This loss goes right to the AD. Scheduling was the problem. True no one could know how weak the FAC would be this year. I spoke to two people involved with athletics at a FAC school on Friday. I asked what was Jackson's signature win? One answer Wellston. Never the right signature win for that program. The other answered the burg. Right win, wrong year. Burg is down this year.

Schedule up in non league. Find out who you are. Give the team a chance to see real football. White coats are nice but regional titles are better.
Funny how after the fact ppl mention the FAC. I've said it all year and got eye rolls with ironman fans saying, yeah right the FAC won't prepare us for playoffs. Had a very similar conversation with Alder fans asking who had Jackson beaten?? My response was Wellston and Burg. Neither team would've been close to Alder by half. Jackson had a great season, but Alder wasn't going to let the run happen and Jackson seemed content on sticking with it come hell or high water. Then you hit just a great play on the TD pass and yet still don't try and throw it anymore , very strange.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 am

Yes #7 is great at the midline read , but the boy can also sling the rock. The pass last night was a high level throw. He essentially threw the player open , layed it out beautifully and let his 6 5 receiver make a play on the Ball , and he did . Just a great read , especially for a freshmen. I think that was his only drive of the game.
Everything you said was correct, I fully expected him to come back out after that TD drive and it never happened. Brought up a lot of questions for me in regards to the coaching.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:37 am
toldya wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:43 am This loss goes right to the AD. Scheduling was the problem. True no one could know how weak the FAC would be this year. I spoke to two people involved with athletics at a FAC school on Friday. I asked what was Jackson's signature win? One answer Wellston. Never the right signature win for that program. The other answered the burg. Right win, wrong year. Burg is down this year.

Funny how after the fact ppl mention the FAC. I've said it all year and got eye rolls with ironman fans saying, yeah right the FAC won't prepare us for playoffs. Had a very similar conversation with Alder fans asking who had Jackson beaten?? My response was Wellston and Burg. Neither team would've been close to Alder by half. Jackson had a great season, but Alder wasn't going to let the run happen and Jackson seemed content on sticking with it come hell or high water. Then you hit just a great play on the TD pass and yet still don't try and throw it anymore , very strange.
The FAC is what it is , it’s a league when Jackson had no home, ask Logan how that works out, Jackson is very thankful to be part of the FAC, I look for it to get much more competitive next season

As far as signature win , no offense to Wellston , but Jackson’s best wins were Wheelersburg, Logan , Athens , and courthouse. You can say the schedule was weak and have a point but still earned a 3 seed and a home
Playoff game so it couldn’t have been too weak. By comparison Jackson had another team go 11-0 and was a 7 seed , also getting hammered by alder. IMO alder was a 14 point favorite going into the game and that’s if Jackson played perfect. That didn’t happen, too many drive changing penalties. Jackson has played for the regional championship 2 times in school history , yes 2 times in school history and lost by at least 14 both times.

As for why #7 never saw another snap , no clue
Last edited by Poo Bear on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:39 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:34 am

Everything you said was correct, I fully expected him to come back out after that TD drive and it never happened. Brought up a lot of questions for me in regards to the coaching.
Jackson improved so much from Week 1,kudos to the coaches, a lot of kids stepped up and filled roles. This loss stings but IMO it didn’t take long to see Alder was a notch above in most areas. I will say this, Jackson had a unique situation this season , 2019 was a great season, and the talent is coming to take it further

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

We only had 1 successful drive throwing the ball, that was the first quarter when #7 threw a beautiful ball in traffic to the tight end for a TD .
What was the drive in the 4th? 3 passes in a row and a short run for the TD

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

SEOP2001 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 am

What was the drive in the 4th? 3 passes in a row and a short run for the TD
That was against the JV with kids running wide open, you really think that’s the same 🤦‍♂️

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jackson had everything not going their way in first half. Too many penalties on 3rd and 4th downs to give JA 1st downs! I say take the penalties and fake punt out and Jackson is in this game 2nd half. Everybody has bad games but you just can’t do it in week 12 against great teams. Jackson congratulations on ur fine season and got plenty of experience for younger players for next year! You players accomplished a lot of things most didn’t think you would, great job!

Return to “Football”